EJ Gaines

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I thought he looked good in his first real NFL action, and I'm really looking forward to seeing him again against the Bucs. Put him on Mike Evans - it works!

Now, if JJ can take down VJax, all would be fun to watch.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Prior to the season, when someone posted a question about the most valuable rookie or something, I came very close to posting Gaines as I'm still shocked he lasted so late on draft day.

Big Game

Living The Dream
I agree he did very well for his first professional start. Went up against an 8 year vet in Jennings and held his own.

I thought JJ played well too.

Hopefully the Rams can put that horrible first game behind them and play better football.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I agree he did very well for his first professional start. Went up against an 8 year vet in Jennings and held his own.

I thought JJ played well too.

Hopefully the Rams can put that horrible first game behind them and play better football.
JJ was a beast in run support and held his own nicely against the pass. I'd like to see him picking off some ducks, though... the Vikings did a good job of keeping the passing game short to circumvent our pass-rush. Maybe we'll see some 7-step drops from the Bucs leading to mashed quarterback with a side of wobbly duck, greedily devoured by Mssrs. Jenkins and Gaines.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Gaines is a player, he just knows the game. The secondary played pretty well over all defending the pass game one, now if the front 7 can pick it up the defense will be pretty good.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah our secondary played a great game. Some of the safeties that everyone wanted hasnt been faring to well. I think our young secondary could be very good

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah our secondary played a great game. Some of the safeties that everyone wanted hasnt been faring to well. I think our young secondary could be very good
I was pleasantly surprised. I expected big things out of JJ in year 3, and Gaines and McDonald, but not quite so good and not so fast.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was pleasantly surprised. I expected big things out of JJ in year 3, and Gaines and McDonald, but not quite so good and not so fast.
McDonald play was picking up at the end of last year but now with Williams he is in the perfect fit. The guy is a slasher and hitter Mccleod did a good job in coverage and when I watched Jenkins they had him in press coverage almost exclusively. He played off as well but then came up and made some big tackles on AP some tackles I have seen a lot of the elite corners not make. Gaines knows he can play and on that touchdown he was in good position if he trust his eyes a lil more he probably could have had an interception or a least a PB. Joyner played well too. When Trumaine gets back our secondary looks a lot better than it did at the start of the year

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
Yep, JJ looked very good on Sunday and he made a couple of key tackles on Adrian Peterson at or near the line of scrimmage. My dad keeps saying that he thinks EJ will end up surpassing Tru as a starter. He certainly held his own against Minnesota.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
As well as Gains played in his 1st NFL game, I can't wait to see what he looks like in , say, Wk. 6 on Monday Night against the 49ers!! When he has some games under his belt!:D

fearsomefour

Legend
Yeah, the future looks good with this group, with Johnson coming back and McDonald coming on. If we can keep the key parts of the front seven together over the next couple of years the Rams have a great shot at long term success on D.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
All 3 of our rookie studs (Joyner, Donald, Gaines) played well on Sunday. I was at the Mizzou / Texas A&M game last year when EJ shut down Mike Evans... looking for more of the same this Sunday.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Gaines was a bright spot. He's a stud.

No doubt he will shut down Mike Evans...again.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I watched the first half again, and JJ was only thrown at once...i think. He was all over Patterson like white on rice. He also played the run really well.

Keep it up Janoris, I like what I see!

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Gaines was described by some knowledgeable football guys as up and down....I agree....TJ & Joyner were pretty good.....McLeod caught my attention with the big hit with Gaines....Then with the big miss on Pattersons run.

Irish

Starter
Jennings has made a career of making CBs look really, really bad.

Gaines did not look really, really bad.

Advantage: gaines

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I watched the first half again, and JJ was only thrown at once...i think. He was all over Patterson like white on rice. He also played the run really well.

Keep it up Janoris, I like what I see!
Jenkins seems like the defense is going to really elevate him to star status he is playing more press which is what he excels in. He has the speed to run with any receiver and it showed on that deep pass to Patterson