Either way we are drafting a guard

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Demand n 1

" Let the cool water take me under"
Name
doc
It is given that the Rams must upgrade their OL if they are to escape the NFC W doghouse.
With the second pick in the 2014 draft the Rams chose Greg Robinson to play LOT for the next ten years. After a slow start and injury to Jake Long , he settled in at LOT. His grade-out at LOT was not ,unsurprisingly, sterling.
No one would argue that GR has the tools and needs time. Do the Rams hedge their bet and use the 10th pick this year on another LOT ,to either beat Grob out or play guard ? Either way you have a top 10 guard.
Easy to argue the 10th OL was BPA or needed depth or injury. I don't see it.
I do not see the Rams taking a C/G/ROT with the 10th pick. We have other pressing needs.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
It is given that the Rams must upgrade their OL if they are to escape the NFC W doghouse.
With the second pick in the 2014 draft the Rams chose Greg Robinson to play LOT for the next ten years. After a slow start and injury to Jake Long , he settled in at LOT. His grade-out at LOT was not ,unsurprisingly, sterling.
No one would argue that GR has the tools and needs time. Do the Rams hedge their bet and use the 10th pick this year on another LOT ,to either beat Grob out or play guard ? Either way you have a top 10 guard.
I do not see the Rams taking a C/G/ROT with the 10th pick. We have other pressing needs.

More pressing then o line?? No way Jose. If one of the top two lineman are gone, trade back a little and get the next best.

Alan

Legend
Demand n 1 with this:
Other "pressing" needs? Disagree with you about that n. Other needs yes but no way are they as pressing as our holes on the O-line.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I could see them taking a T and putting him at RT or G. I don't see them moving Robinson over to RT. I can also see them taking a G with that 10th pick. With the new CBA and the way positions are being viewed lately, BPA meeting need simply could be a Guard. Sure it goes against common thought on positional value but I'm of the thinking that a lot of that has been tossed out the window - kind of like RBs being a common 1st round pick.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
If they pick at 10, my money would be on a WR, DE, or Marcus Mariota/Jameis Winston over OG.

Rams43

Hall of Fame

Are you talking about drafting an OG at #10, or just drafting an OG somewhere in this draft, Demand?

'Cause there's a big difference between those two scenarios.

Sportsed

Pro Bowler
IMHO they'll go into this with Scherff as their top target, they know they're an oline away from being real contenders. If Scherff is there at 10 they will consider trading down but, only as far as they can and still be ensured of getting him. Now if Scherff is gone-----which means at least one other NFL team thought of him as a top 10 pick-----definitely look for a trade down. I can't guess who their 2nd/3rd rated ol is, but they probably won't take their 2nd/3rd rated guy at 10. Whether Scherff's a gaurd or tackle, he will be their target at 10, 12, 13 or whatever.
Just my HO but..........I coud be wrong.