Eight in the Box

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
The standard set defensive formation that kills our beloved men in horns year after year. It's what all our rivals do with great avail. It's daring us to beat them through the air. With the addition of Robinson and Mason, it's has to be the #1 option for opposing NFCW defenses, once again. Do we finally have the answer?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yes. In fact, I HOPE they stack the box this year.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I believe we can beat it. It's 50% play design and 50% execution. We have more experience coaching against it now and better players to execute the plays so I see improvement on the horizon.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
As long as Quick can turn around fast enough I have no worries about being able to beat teams stacking the box... :LOL:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
As long as Quick can turn around fast enough I have no worries about being able to beat teams stacking the box... :LOL:
I was talking about running right at it. When defenses crowd the LOS like that, there's nobody at the second level to take down the RB.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Bring it on. We will be able to run when we want to, which is special, and Sam will kill them with play action, if they cheat any others towards the box.

A key will be spreading, and stretching the field .

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I was talking about running right at it. When defenses crowd the LOS like that, there's nobody at the second level to take down the RB.
That's what I'm thinking. It will open up the rest of the offense as well.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
For sure but sometimes you're gonna want to hot route to expose a weak spot in the coverage Bradford could see and if Quick picks up on his hot route we could have a quick six. No pun intended lol.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
For sure but sometimes you're gonna want to hot route to expose a weak spot in the coverage Bradford could see and if Quick picks up on his hot route we could have a quick six. No pun intended lol.
Yeah, there are a lot of ways to attack those fronts. RB screens, 4-wide vertical routes, sliding protection. Or just let'm blitz so Bradford can pick them part. His 7-1 TD/INT ratio against the blitz doesn't happen on accident. Bring that ish!

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
O lineman love to push up field (run block) rather than pass protect (back pedal) and I think our OL is hungry to make holes. Hopefully our backs are ready to exploit those holes getting to the second level and making the 8 man fronts pay, setting up space to operate both the running and passing game effectively.

RFIP

Well with the forgoing of a wr in the draft, and the 3 yards and a pound of turf mentality we have taken on, I for one hope that 90% of the 3rd and 1's and 4th and 1's become run downs that we are HIGHLY successful on because to play that down and distance any other way with the way we are built is foolish.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
tumblr_mklkjn2tjO1s9je9po1_500.gif

Speeps

Starter
This. Running at an 8 man box is a beautiful thing, because it places a lot of stress on the secondary to make tackles. With the massive guards that the Rams will have they should be able to get to the second level more times than not. It will also open up play action, and create 1 on 1 situations for Tavon, Cook, and our other WR's. If the Rams keep it simple on offense, yet execute, they will score a lot of points.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Heeeeeeee who tries (will be wasted) Feeeeeeed my eyes (now you've sewn them shut).

fearsomefour

Legend
Exactly. It's like a team shutting down our passrush. If you beat a Ds strength they have a hard time stopping anything.
Can't wait for the first time Robinson gets to the LB to take on Willis or Bowman.