Eddie Lacy is shedding the lbs?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...k-the-packers-eddie-lacy-is-shockingly-skinny

Reports of a player's weight issues typically don't persist through an entire season. Those reports are usually offseason stories, flaring up when players first rejoin their teams and ending by the time the games begin to matter.

Eddie Lacy experienced something different last season. The chatter about his weight didn't stop. It lasted throughout the entire season and even leaked into the beginning of this offseason. In reality, questions about Lacy's weight have existed since his first-ever NFL training camp.

So, here's some good news: Lacy is shockingly skinny. Earlier this month, a photo of Lacy showed off his new physical state. And, now, more proof of Lacy's weight-loss has arrived.

Eddie Lacy is actually skinny (well, for a football player):

12822307_445135872363004_542303693_n.jpg

The man photographed alongside Lacy, Jeff Engen, sent that photo to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. According to Engen, he's 5-foot-9 and 185 pounds, which gives us an idea of just how skinny Lacy is considering the two are side by side.

Though Lacy's current slim state might be shocking, his transformation -- the idea of it -- shouldn't come as a surprise. After all, Lacy struggled this past season (4.1 yards per carry), and Packers head coach Mike McCarthy even publicly called him out after the season.

"He's got a lot of work to do," McCarthy said, per NFL.com. "His offseason last year was not good enough and he never recovered from it. He cannot play at the weight he played at this year."

So, Lacy consulted with the P90X creator this offseason. And if that photo above is any indication, whatever Lacy is doing is working.

USATSI_lacy_32416.jpg

Eddie Lacy before a game last season. (USATSI)

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
There was a seriously funny pic of Lacey coming out of Bama.... Can't believe Saban trained a guy that can't put the fork down....He was running very well in the playoffs, but seemed to get tired.

Ram65

Legend
He just looked far too big last year. He looked slower too. An in shape Eddie Lacy will be nightmares for the NFL.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
Lacy was all of 260 pounds last year. He was considerably slower and couldn't run 20 yards without being gassed. He was also getting injured more often because of the extra weight. It will be interesting to see what an in-shape Eddie Lacy can do.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
He just looked far too big last year. He looked slower too. An in shape Eddie Lacy will be nightmares for the NFL.

Big U N D E R S T A T E M E N T above. They figure how to use lacy in the short passing game .....I remember him real good when he was a much lighter RB back for Bama & he was a bona fide nightmare on screen & short passes.

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
I admire Eddie Lacy. Each of us has his own cross to bear. Perhaps Eddie's cross is overeating. I know that pain. It takes huge helpings of will power to turn away from dinner plate's, extra helpings. It takes every bit as much will power to stop drinking alcohol, or using meth, because unlike alcohol and drugs, you need food to live.

Eddie Lacy, you've earned my deep respect.:icare: May you have a career year my friend. I hope to see you in the playoffs, as our Los Angeles Rams crush your Green Bay into a tiny little package!:headexplosion:

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

This is good news because he is my rb in one of my dynasty leagues. He was horrible last season, up and down like a yoyo. Played him on the down weeks, sat him on the up weeks. He became unstartable. Run fatboy run.

fearsomefour

Legend
I admire Eddie Lacy. Each of us has his own cross to bear. Perhaps Eddie's cross is overeating. I know that pain. It takes huge helpings of will power to turn away from dinner plate's, extra helpings. It takes every bit as much will power to stop drinking alcohol, or using meth, because unlike alcohol and drugs, you need food to live.

Eddie Lacy, you've earned my deep respect.:icare: May you have a career year my friend. I hope to see you in the playoffs, as our Los Angeles Rams crush your Green Bay into a tiny little package!:headexplosion:
Gotta disagree with meth analogy.
One can always eat something healthy.....want something sweet, frozen banana cut up or have an apple....no healthy meth alternatives.

jjab360

Legend
Gotta disagree with meth analogy.
One can always eat something healthy.....want something sweet, frozen banana cut up or have an apple....no healthy meth alternatives.
Outside of, you know, not doing meth....

But yes, scientifically, drug addiction has a much stronger pull than junk food or that extra plate.

jap

Legend
Big U N D E R S T A T E M E N T above. They figure how to use lacy in the short passing game .....I remember him real good when he was a much lighter RB back for Bama & he was a bona fide nightmare on screen & short passes.

I think it's high time our TGII became a bona fide nightmare on screens & short passes.