Eddie Lacy agrees to terms with Seahawks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/14/pete-carroll-on-eddie-lacy-i-want-him-big/

roflbot.jpg

During an interview with 710 ESPN, via Sheil Kapadia of ESPN.com, Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said that the team will make a “concerted effort” to make sure Lacy is in shape and that they have set a weight in the 240-pound range as the target for Lacy in the 2017 season.

“I want him big,” Carroll said.

Lacy’s issues with conditioning over the last couple of years with the Packers weren’t a secret, so the Seahawks would have to have been flying totally blind not to consider it before making the deal. Carroll’s answer makes it clear that they wouldn’t and that they believe playing on a one-year deal after an injury-shortened 2016 season will be enough motivation to get Lacy closer to Beast Mode than Feast Mode.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Man... 267#???

Hey Eddie Lacy...
348a92212ef1bcd89c94555e3d8380b5.jpg

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I was hoping they'd go for one of the broken down old guys. Lacy could be a beast if his head gets on straight. Lets hope he has an uncontrollable affection for mocha fudge latte's

Yeah Carrol keeps competition tight and they have good vet leadership in that locker room. Not gonna knock it because it might work out for them.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I'm glad they didn't grab Jamaal Charles. I would worry more if they had. Lacey doesn't scare me.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
I'm glad they didn't grab Jamaal Charles. I would worry more if they had. Lacey doesn't scare me.
Agreed. I believe Charles still has something left and is a much better player than Lacy. I'm not sure Seattle can open up a hole big enough for FeastMode to run through.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
Damn... I was gonna keep Thomas Rawls in one of my Keeper leagues too... Gonna stay away from this backfield, it's a mess.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Personally I think this is a good pick up - Rawls and Lacy could be a double-headed beast. I'm sure nobody would have minded if the Rams had picked him up to backup/compliment Gurley!

…..

Legend
Personally I think this is a good pick up - Rawls and Lacy could be a double-headed beast. I'm sure nobody would have minded if the Rams had picked him up to backup/compliment Gurley!

I dunno....Green Bay needs a running back and they let Lacy walk. He looks like strictly a goal line back at this point.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I dunno....Green Bay needs a running back and they let Lacy walk. He looks like strictly a goal line back at this point.

Yeh, but Green Bay signed Cook last season, so their FO decisions are questionable ;)

TBH, they're probably targeting one of the draftees and will be better for it :-/

Sometimes a change of scenery can add a bit of fire in the belly again though - never thought he lived up to his potential really...

…..

Legend
Considering the obvious, and the market, I think Lacy did pretty well to get the potential 5.5m. Surprises me a bit.

Like your point about the two headed monster. I think thats thier agenda because thier line still sucks and the RB's are sure to be gassed just tring to find a hole.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
For as large as he is I am sure he can run faster than most on this board
I'm 50, around 240 lbs myself....and think I can take this kid...

Love to match up in a eating contest too....what happened to that dude who ate huge meals on tv???

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No way, he's done. Over 30, multiple knee injuries.

I'd be much more worried about Charles than Lazy. I think the odds are better that Charles comes back from his knee injuries as the 5.0+ yards per carry monster he used to be than Lazy actually gets in shape.

Yeah Carrol keeps competition tight and they have good vet leadership in that locker room. Not gonna knock it because it might work out for them.

Green Bay does too. I gotta say that there's something incredibly amusing about watching Feastmode run. It's honestly impressive the agility and body control he has at 270 pounds. He looks like a dancing refrigerator. :LOL:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWX78jpB7S0

Imagine being a Vikings defender. You have to figure out which OL is the one with the ball. It's like a shell game.

It makes me wonder what Aaron Donald could do with the ball.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I'd be much more worried about Charles than Lazy. I think the odds are better that Charles comes back from his knee injuries as the 5.0+ yards per carry monster he used to be than Lazy actually gets in shape.

Green Bay does too. I gotta say that there's something incredibly amusing about watching Feastmode run. It's honestly impressive the agility and body control he has at 270 pounds. He looks like a dancing refrigerator. :LOL:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWX78jpB7S0

Imagine being a Vikings defender. You have to figure out which OL is the one with the ball. It's like a shell game.

It makes me wonder what Aaron Donald could do with the ball.

Not even trying to be funny, but have you seen Aaron Donald? The dude is a fucking animal. Their 40 times are probably close with AD edging him out.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not even trying to be funny, but have you seen Aaron Donald? The dude is a freaking animal. Their 40 times are probably close with AD edging him out.

Yea. It would actually be pretty interesting to see Donald with the ball. Donald actually might be faster. AD ran a 4.69 40 at 285 pounds. Eddie Lazy ran a 4.63 40 at 231 pounds. I doubt Donald's weight has changed, while we all know that Lazy has gained about 40 pounds. Donald actually ran a significantly faster three cone drill at 285 than Lazy ran at 231.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Lacy is so overrated. I don't understand why teams can't see what is right in front of them.

I am glad Sheattle has him. They will be that much easier to defeat.