Ebukam

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He played a pretty solid game was the only lb that could keep up with Lamar. He set the edge well and engaged blockers to make them make a move.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
He played a pretty solid game was the only lb that could keep up with Lamar. He set the edge well and engaged blockers to make them make a move.

I think he's better at setting the edge than Matthews. Clay just wants to go balls to the wall getting upfield without thinking about it, but against a running QB you can't do that so much.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think he's better at setting the edge than Matthews. Clay just wants to go balls to the wall getting upfield without thinking about it, but against a running QB you can't do that so much.
Exactly and that’s why we saw more of him in the second half. I like the progress he’s making because as a pass rusher you have to be extremely disciplined to hold your water and set the edge and for a young guy to be able to do that better than a 10 yr vet speak volumes

swmizzou83

Starter
Clay did the same thing against Seattle this year. He doesn't play with discipline at all. Ends up opening huge running lanes for mobile QBs

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Him and Okoronkwo deserve playing time over Matthews. Ebukam was amazing at setting the edge in what little I watched.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I think the Rams may very well part ways with Fowler and Mathews after the season. I don't see much of a drop off with Ebukam and Obo. Management is going to need to show some fiscal responsibility and resign the players they need to keep, (Ramsey).

oldnotdead

Legend
He's outplayed Mathews by a huge margin. Mathews doesn't scare anyone on the edge. His sacks have all been gimme's. They run right at him.

Samson has shown he's an impact player even with the limited snaps he gets. He's a more complete OLB than Mathews. He's got the speed in coverage and the strength to set a hard edge.

They will keep Fowler but they need to coach Ogbo up into a more complete OLB to rotate with Samson who should actually be the starter. Morgan Fox is a wasted and Samson or Ogbo should be rotating behind Brockers. If anyone is on the bubble it's Brockers. He's not a DE as he simply lacks the speed and quickness for the position. He's marginal inside as a NT and his only real position is at 3T behind AD.

As expected SJD IMO is a bust. He simply gets blown off the LOS on every play. He gets stoned at the LOS and rarely gets any penetration. He still hasn't shown he can get off a block. Gaines has shown more in his limited snaps than SJD has.