Early thoughts on Rams-Bears

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Iron Lion

Starter
The Rams have a decent running game so they don't need to employ the WCO where the short pass replaces the run. So he needs to pick it up on taking shots down the field IMO. Gibson has his hands this year.

Hopefully Urlacher's knee is quite bad because if not, he could hurt the underneath passing game.

Dochal

UDFA
Warner4Prez said:
Dochal said:
I'm concerned about the possible Peppers-Hunter matchup.

Rams' D-line needs to make its presence felt in this game.

Expect the Bears to target Dahl and Jenkins in pass coverage.

Expect the Bears to run even with Forte out until the Rams show them they can't.

Expect the Rams to test the Bears secondary deep.

Lots of screens and 3-step drops to slow the Bears' rush.

Rams can run on these guys.

Close game. Turnovers help Rams grab a win in a tough place.

All IMO, of course...

I think you're definitely on the right track.
It's going to be a battle of 'which bottom barrel OT's are better?' Both units seem to be over matched by the opposition. In my opinion Bradford is better at feeling the heat in comparison to Cutler, so hopefully they can rattle his cage and make an impact on da Bears' passing attack a'la Clay Matthews last week.
I expect the Bears to run a lot more this week though. Could be problematic, Bush is no slouch and will be a bit tougher to drag down than Alfred Morris or Kevin Smith. Bears might be cued in on Amendola early on which will hopefully open things up towards the sidelines for Gibson and Smith. Hope to see Jackson, but if he's a no go I have no doubt that Richardson can tote the rock 20 times.

A small part of me wants to see the Rams sit SJ so we can see what the rookies can do against a tough opponent in a difficult venue. I like what I've seen of Richardson so far, including preseason. He has a nice burst and terrific speed, along with good hands. Lots of tempo-changing versatility there. Teamed with Ganaway, that would be interesting to watch.

Would love to see Long and Quinn meeting at Cutler several times. Let's hold off on the blitzes until we see what the front four can do against the pass.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Iron Lion said:
The Rams have a decent running game so they don't need to employ the WCO where the short pass replaces the run. So he needs to pick it up on taking shots down the field IMO. Gibson has his hands this year.

Hopefully Urlacher's knee is quite bad because if not, he could hurt the underneath passing game.

Pls, stfu. Thank you.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Iron Lion said:

Nah, I was actually about 10 beers deep when I made that post and feeling pretty damn good. You're just making a generalization of bullshit you've heard from others and it gets quite boring sorry. :yawn: Go actually watch the games with your pops this time! Maybe take a gander at those stats while you're at it. Our offense has surpassed expectations so far imo, and Sam is doing just fine.

Sorry if it comes off as "grumpy" really, that argument is just one that particularly gets under my skin. I can't see that posted on this site and not respond. Enjoy your Sunday man, I know I am!

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Username said:
Sorry if it comes off as "grumpy" really, that argument is just one that particularly gets under my skin. I can't see that posted on this site and not respond.

I hear ya man. I was talking to these guys who like football and they're like, "Oh you're a Rams fan? Are you pissed that they took Bradford since he's always injured and has a bad arm?" And I'm like :amped: :amped: :amped: So then I gots to set them straight and be like, "Hey watch a damn game sometime and see for yourself what goes on. If you listen to ESPN highlights all the time, you'll never get the story!"

On that subject though, I was watching ESPN pre-game and Merrel Hoge(?) Was actually very impressed with Bradford's play thus far and very complimentary of his poise and accuracy in the pocket. I nearly did a spit take!