Early stat lines from leaders

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Bradford - 27/38, 71%, 299 yards (10.66 YPA), 2 TD's, 1 INT, 1 2 point conversion ran in

Richardson - 20 carries for 68 yards (3.4 YPC), 5 receptions for 33 yards (6.6 YPC) longest run 10 yards, longest catch 15 yards

Cook - 7 receptions for 141 yards (20.14 YPC), 2 TD's, longest gain of 47 yards

Austin - 6 receptions for 41 yards (6.8 YPC), longest gain of 14 yards

Olgetree - 7 tackles

McDonald - 4.5 guys killed

Quinn - 3 sacks 2 FF

Hekker - 3 punts for and average of 44 yards 1 punt inside the 20

Zuerlein - 4/4 (1/1 XP) for 13 total points, longest FG was 48 yards.

All in all, other than the penalties, the team wasn't too bad. Defense still needs to clean up, but they got better as the game went on. Offense looked damn good even if the playcalling was suspect. When everyone starts clicking, lookout.

*Edit* I missed the start of the game, but I don't think I saw any bad drops from the offense either.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Quinn was huge today. This could be his coming out party!

McDonald delivered a lot of hard hits. He was close a few times leading with the crown... but dude made a statement.

I would have liked to see more of Stacy and Cunningham. They used DR as the primary and I don't know if he can handle the miles.

fearsomefour

Legend
CGI_Ram said:
Quinn was huge today. This could be his coming out party!

McDonald delivered a lot of hard hits. He was close a few times leading with the crown... but dude made a statement.

I would have liked to see more of Stacy and Cunningham. They used DR as the primary and I don't know if he can handle the miles.

I would like to see Stacy and Cunningham mixed in as well. That may have as much to do with protections at this point. I would really like to see those bigger guys get a shot at some short yardage situations.

fearsomefour

Legend
bluecoconuts said:
Bradford - 27/38, 71%, 299 yards (10.66 YPA), 2 TD's, 1 INT, 1 2 point conversion ran in

Richardson - 20 carries for 68 yards (3.4 YPC), 5 receptions for 33 yards (6.6 YPC) longest run 10 yards, longest catch 15 yards

299 yards on 38 attempts is about 7.8 yards per attempt. That is not fantastic but is not terrible either. A lot of check down throws.
Cook certainly looks like a difference maker. In reality Cooks' fumble when he was close to a TD and the Cards scoring on a 2 yards int return made this game much closer score wise than it should have been. Getting two starts inside the Cards 10 twice and settling for FGs along with that Cook fumble took a lot of points off the board potentially. I had stated before I didnt expect the Rams to score a ton early....27 points is a good showing. When you consider they left at least 15 on the board that should have been expected it was a good day overall for the O.
It wasnt pretty of perfect, but, I saw a lot to be positive about with the O.
Cook had a record day for him. Williams looked good at LG. When he locked on his guy is pass protection the guy was done. He was slow on one switch as was Dahl....overall pretty solid.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Yeah, I was quite happy with McDonald's play. He had a lot of kill-shots, that's for sure. I'm shocked that Andre Roberts is still standing, actually; I think he received two of them.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Memento said:
Yeah, I was quite happy with McDonald's play. He had a lot of kill-shots, that's for sure. I'm shocked that Andre Roberts is still standing, actually; I think he received two of them.
Dude's gonna send someone's helmet rolling across the field one day.
With the head still in it.

He hits like a truck.

…..

Legend
Bradfords 71% completion rate really stands out to me. That is a marked improvement that I hope he can sustain above 65%.

I believe Tavon had 9 targets....only a matter of time before he shakes loose and gets in open space with that amount of targets.

I saw some bemoaning the Rams for not using Quick in the redzone. Remember though, Pettis is also 6'3' and while he might not be as athletic, he does have better body control.

GcBean

Rookie
Name
Gil
bluecoconuts said:

Haha, this made me chuckle... That dude was like a heat-seeking missile today!

I loved it!

bluecoconuts

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
fearsomefour said:
bluecoconuts said:

299 yards on 38 attempts is about 7.8 yards per attempt. That is not fantastic but is not terrible either. A lot of check down throws.
Cook certainly looks like a difference maker. In reality Cooks' fumble when he was close to a TD and the Cards scoring on a 2 yards int return made this game much closer score wise than it should have been. Getting two starts inside the Cards 10 twice and settling for FGs along with that Cook fumble took a lot of points off the board potentially. I had stated before I didnt expect the Rams to score a ton early....27 points is a good showing. When you consider they left at least 15 on the board that should have been expected it was a good day overall for the O.
Cook had a record day for him. Williams looked good at LG. When he locked on his guy is pass protection the guy was done. He was slow on one switch as was Dahl....overall pretty solid.

Oops, did yards per catch.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
bluecoconuts said:

Austin - 6 receptions for 41 yards (6.8 YPC), longest gain of 14 yards

Olgetree - 7 tackles
[hilite]
[/hilite]

Quinn - 3 sacks 2 FF

Hekker - 3 punts for and average of 44 yards 1 punt inside the 20

Zuerlein - 4/4 (1/1 XP) for 13 total points, longest FG was 48 yards.

All in all, other than the penalties, the team wasn't too bad. Defense still needs to clean up, but they got better as the game went on. Offense looked damn good even if the playcalling was suspect. When everyone starts clicking, lookout.

*Edit* I missed the start of the game, but I don't think I saw any bad drops from the offense either.

Isn't it nice to have a safety that will come up and knock your d*ck in the ground. I was extremely impressed with his play today. I see his confidence growing in the weeks to come. McLeod also played well. Stewart might have a hard time getting back into the starting lineup.

jap

Legend
Dog said:
Bradfords 71% completion rate really stands out to me. That is a marked improvement that I hope he can sustain above 65%.

I believe Tavon had 9 targets....only a matter of time before he shakes loose and gets in open space with that amount of targets.

I saw some bemoaning the Rams for not using Quick in the redzone. Remember though, Pettis is also 6'3' and while he might not be as athletic, he does have better body control.

. . . and lightening fast reflexes for tipped balls.

fearsomefour

Legend
bluecoconuts said:
fearsomefour said:
bluecoconuts said:

Oops, did yards per catch.

I figured as much, I was not trying to be a jerk about it. I remember Martz saying he always looked for 8 yards per attempt as being a marker of passing effiecency....he wanted 8 +. The high completion percentage (as others have said) was nice to see. If Sam needs to check down at least he can do that and hopefully keep drives going now. It was progress today.

A55VA6

Legend
I was extremely impressed with Bradford and Cook. Austin quietly had a solid game along with Richardson. O-Line was good, Trumaine made some plays, Quinn was fantastic, McDonald delivered some hard hits.

It was an all around team win tonight. Somewhat sloppy, but 1-0!

bluecoconuts

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Another stat

Rams went into the fourth quarter down by 11. Bradford went on to complete 8 of his 10 passes for 76 yards and a TD as well as ran in the conversion. 0 int and a passer rating of 131.7, leading the Rams to 3 scoring drives.

jap

Legend
bluecoconuts said:
Another stat

Rams went into the fourth quarter down by 11. Bradford went on to complete 8 of his 10 passes for 76 yards and a TD as well as ran in the conversion. 0 int and a passer rating of 131.7, leading the Rams to 3 scoring drives.

Hhmmm, my calculations show a 4th quarter passer rating of 133.75 for Sam.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Memento liking the hits:
That's his strong point. He's a SS. I won't see the game until Wednesday but it sounds like he did a great job.