Early look at WR depth chart

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
So with 2 more receivers in the draft, how do you think our WR depth chart will look to start the season?

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I honestly think that undrafted duke Williams is better than our two drafted receivers (and I like pharaoh and mike Thomas)
So I'll go with
Tavon
Britt starting at 2 for now until he's outplayed
Williams outplaying quick and the others for 3
Cooper because of his versatility
Baily or Quick (unless we see flashes of dominant quick. But evidence says we'll get dormant quick)
Thomas, who will eventually fly past quick and cooper
I actually think the deck is stacked against quick.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
You could move this to the NFL Talk section. It's technically not college/draft anymore. That way you get more looks. I'll go with these in no specific order, to make the team.

Austin, Britt, Cooper, Thomas, Williams and Quick. I can see Spruce making the practice squad. I really like Thomas. Cooper is a lock and so are Austin and Britt. That leaves Williams to win the last spot. I like his story. He's gonna have a battle though to make this team. But has the potential.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I love the competition we are going to have at WR and TE this year!! :D Let the Best men Play!!(y):yess:

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Duke Williams and Mike Thomas really mean Quicks in trouble. It might bring out some bad ass competitive streak in him that lets him really rip it and become a dominant player as hoped - but if not I really like the potential this group has.

Britt and Austin are X and Z. Not most traditional of guys for those positions! Austin will move around a bit though and take some snaps out of the backfield as will Cooper. Cooper in the slot, Williams, Thomas and Quick competing for 4th receiver slot and 5th. One on the practice squad. Bailey? Who knows. Nfi list probably. Then ideally one of them forces the way up the depth chart and starts!

lockdnram21

Legend
#1. Austin. Think he will progress more as a WR. With Goff at Qb hopefully he gets the ball in stride.

#2. Britt. He will be #2 to start Year but one of Quick,Thomas, or Williams will take that spot hopefully

Slot. Cooper. This is what he was drafted for and should be there Day 1 so him and Goff can grow together. Also Williams could be in play for this spot to if he makes the team. In college he played a lot in the slot.

#4. Quick. Ive been the biggest Quick supporter but this spot depends on how he plays compared to Thomas, Williams and even Marquez North. North is a younger faster version of Quick who couldnt stay healthy.

#5. Thomas. Unless he just down right sucks he will be on roster

#6. Bradley Marquez

So Basically I think its Quick vs North and Williams

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Is Duke Williams even on the team? Heard he was trying out but haven't seen him on any roster

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Duke Williams and Mike Thomas really mean Quicks in trouble. It might bring out some bad ass competitive streak in him that lets him really rip it and become a dominant player as hoped - but if not I really like the potential this group has.

Britt and Austin are X and Z. Not most traditional of guys for those positions! Austin will move around a bit though and take some snaps out of the backfield as will Cooper. Cooper in the slot, Williams, Thomas and Quick competing for 4th receiver slot and 5th. One on the practice squad. Bailey? Who knows. Nfi list probably. Then ideally one of them forces the way up the depth chart and starts!
I like your thinking! Just one minor flaw, we haven't signed Duke Williams, yet!;)

I think that the first receivers star this season, will be TE :)
I also hope that this season coaches finaly will take full advantage of Tavon skill set.
Goff + Tavon = a huge potential.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
#1. Austin. Think he will progress more as a WR. With Goff at Qb hopefully he gets the ball in stride.

#2. Britt. He will be #2 to start Year but one of Quick,Thomas, or Williams will take that spot hopefully

Slot. Cooper. This is what he was drafted for and should be there Day 1 so him and Goff can grow together. Also Williams could be in play for this spot to if he makes the team. In college he played a lot in the slot.

#4. Quick. Ive been the biggest Quick supporter but this spot depends on how he plays compared to Thomas, Williams and even Marquez North. North is a younger faster version of Quick who couldnt stay healthy.

#5. Thomas. Unless he just down right sucks he will be on roster

#6. Bradley Marquez

So Basically I think its Quick vs North and Williams
Bradley Marquez could be "Odd man out" IF North and Williams make the Team!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Britt, Austin, Cooper, Thomas, Marquez and North with McRoberts and Spruce being on the PS.

Ram65

Legend
Greg Salas anyone? He had 3 catches last year for the Bills.

This years fourth round pick Pharoh Cooper has a good chance to make the Rams roster. I'm not sure about the others. Just don't know about Stedman Bailey because of his injuries. I have soured on Quick yet, still see him having a great chance to make the roster and be productive. Last year, they limited his play and targets him because of the 2014 injury. In 2014 Quick showed he can be hard to bring down when he secures the ball in his hands. Look for Goff to be able to help him with better thrown balls for good YAC. I wouldn't be surprised if they kept both drafted TE on the roster to pair with Kendricks and Harkey.

Britt
Austin
Quick
Marquez
Cooper
XXXXXX Open Spot The UDFA can got to the practice squad.

Kendricks
Harkey
Higbee
Hemmingway

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Exactly-- McRoberts over Thomas ??

Quick looked a lot better at the end of the season. His shoulder surgery was a crazy thing. The 49er game Case Keenum almost got him killed !! He flipped in the air & got lucky he didn't break his neck.Those are the throws Keenum (back up)can't miss on.
--Stedman Bailey ?? Really ?? I would make for a great story.Stedman was suspened a 2nd time ??

Wolfecola

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub
Britt
Austin
Cooper
Thomas

The rest are irrelevant to me, but my money is on Quick and Marquez.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Is Duke Williams even on the team? Heard he was trying out but haven't seen him on any roster
Right ... I heard last night that his tryout with the Rams was only a rumor. But I did see he has a tryout with SF. Maybe it all got messed up on which NFCW team he was trying out for?

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Not to mention we'll see some of this unfold via Hard Knocks.
The TE, WR, and DB competitions are going to be outstanding! But as someone else mentioned ... I was expecting more competition within the DT's room as well ..... yet they have stood pat there.