Early Kool Aid Drinking

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Frogbelly

Rookie
Name
Frogbelly
Every year I catch myself drinking the Kool Aid and every year at the end of the season I swear off the Kool Aid forever. This year the Kool Aid drinking has started way early. This is the equivalent of drinking at 8 am, or earlier. Some are thinking playoffs for sure and others have visions of deep deep into the payoffs. I caught myself this time. I went on a Kool Aid fast. Only for a few hours though. I took the side of the nay sayers. Is that the correct spelling? Looked at our losses, JL, CL, JJ and Rodney. Couldn't bring myself to consider Cookie a loss. We don't know how it's going to go with Tree in the middle. Barron and Ayers should be the same, maybe even better with more speed in the middle. We didn't really have Long anyway. Counting on Gaines coming all the way back from his injuries is risky at best. Toss all that in with all of our eggs being in a rookie's basket. After looking at all this, I started drinking the Kool Aid even heavier. Is there a Kool Aid anonymous????? I need to go. I need help. Does anyone else suffer from this?

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I started sipping and then put the cup down and walked away.

Why? Because that Kool-Aid hangover is a straight bitch. And when you're a natural optimist bordering on pollyanna like I am, then the effects of Kool-Aid are even that much more powerful.

Granted, I was more for Wentz, but I was thinking Super Bowl with Wentz or playoffs with Goff...THIS YEAR. And that was just on a few sips.

So yeah, brother, I was high on that stuff. It's dangerous.

There's help, brother. Come visit us at Kool-Aid Anonymous. We meet every Tuesday at 7pm at the Methodist church by the railroad tracks. There's coffee, tea and sometimes someone will bring some pastries. Come as you are, we just need you there...

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Near the end of last season I stated multiple times in the chat room during games that if Fisher didn't bring in a new top tier QB, I would not watch the Rams this season.

Just-When-I-Think-You-Couldnt-Possibly-Be-Any-Dumber-You-Go-and-Do-Something-Like-This..-and-Totally-Redeem-Yourself-In-Dumb-and-Dumber.gif

I am drinking the kool-aid like I drink my vodka, all the time and way to much!!!

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Drinking the kool-aid is OK, just not to much sugar...The crash can be nasty...

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
image.gif

Hopefully it tastes a little better in L.A.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I want to like all these posts hahahah

Let me just throw this out, the very worst of the worst Kool Aid imbibing for me was when we traded for Marshall Falk; drafted Tory Holt, and signed Trent Green - I was convinced in preseason out time had finally come

I remember watching a preseason game with my buddy Chris Hall - but we watched the game together on a freakin' land line for goodness sake, and as we were both watching and commenting how damn good they looked and we got really excited. So my buddy Chris is feeling it and says "the Rams just might make the playoffs this year." And no sooner than he uttered those words, Trent Green went down with his season ending injury... And we were like Noooooooooooooooooo
And then here comes Kurt. I didn't like Warner viserally when I first say him, I thought he was a total scrub
I don't know, guess I'm trying to say is we Ram fans are just perennial Kool Aid drinkers who get rewarded in epic fashion every 15 to 20 years :LOL:

So keep chug-a-lugging!!!!

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ylv1_FEXvLM

Frogbelly

Rookie
Name
Frogbelly
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I started sipping and then put the cup down and walked away.

Why? Because that Kool-Aid hangover is a straight bitch. And when you're a natural optimist bordering on pollyanna like I am, then the effects of Kool-Aid are even that much more powerful.

Granted, I was more for Wentz, but I was thinking Super Bowl with Wentz or playoffs with Goff...THIS YEAR. And that was just on a few sips.

So yeah, brother, I was high on that stuff. It's dangerous.

There's help, brother. Come visit us at Kool-Aid Anonymous. We meet every Tuesday at 7pm at the Methodist church by the railroad tracks. There's coffee, tea and sometimes someone will bring some pastries. Come as you are, we just need you there...
I'll try to make it Tuesday. If I don't, no telling what shape I'm going to be in come the following Tuesday. I may be on a binge after the draft and the signing of the UDFA's.

Frogbelly

Rookie
Name
Frogbelly
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I want to like all these posts hahahah

Let me just throw this out, the very worst of the worst Kool Aid imbibing for me was when we traded for Marshall Falk; drafted Tory Holt, and signed Trent Green - I was convinced in preseason out time had finally come

I remember watching a preseason game with my buddy Chris Hall - but we watched the game together on a freakin' land line for goodness sake, and as we were both watching and commenting how damn good they looked and we got really excited. So my buddy Chris is feeling it and says "the Rams just might make the playoffs this year." And no sooner than he uttered those words, Trent Green went down with his season ending injury... And we were like Noooooooooooooooooo
And then here comes Kurt. I didn't like Warner viserally when I first say him, I thought he was a total scrub
I don't know, guess I'm trying to say is we Ram fans are just perennial Kool Aid drinkers who get rewarded in epic fashion every 15 to 20 years :LOL:

So keep chug-a-lugging!!!!

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ylv1_FEXvLM

I felt the same way. I followed Faulk at SD State all 3 years. Was disappointed that the Rams couldn't draft him, but was happy he didn't go to a hated team. The only other college player I followed, other than the local players was the RB from Pitt that was drafted by Dallas. #33. Dementia setting in can't think of his name but didn't like him anymore. But you can imagine how I felt when the Rams made the trade for Faulk. Then they drafted Holt and bought in Martz and Green. I was hog heaven. Bruce was healthy. Their #1 receiver from 1998 was now #4, Proehl. I was also devastated when Green went down. When they beat the Ravens in the season opener, I sent a little be to Vegas for the Rams to win the NFC. Wish I had put on them to win the SB, 200-1. May be time again.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Every year I catch myself drinking the Kool Aid and every year at the end of the season I swear off the Kool Aid forever. This year the Kool Aid drinking has started way early. This is the equivalent of drinking at 8 am, or earlier. Some are thinking playoffs for sure and others have visions of deep deep into the payoffs. I caught myself this time. I went on a Kool Aid fast. Only for a few hours though. I took the side of the nay sayers. Is that the correct spelling? Looked at our losses, JL, CL, JJ and Rodney. Couldn't bring myself to consider Cookie a loss. We don't know how it's going to go with Tree in the middle. Barron and Ayers should be the same, maybe even better with more speed in the middle. We didn't really have Long anyway. Counting on Gaines coming all the way back from his injuries is risky at best. Toss all that in with all of our eggs being in a rookie's basket. After looking at all this, I started drinking the Kool Aid even heavier. Is there a Kool Aid anonymous????? I need to go. I need help. Does anyone else suffer from this?
I have suffered (?) from this problem for "65 Season" now, I promise you, you'll NEVER be able to shake it!!:banghead::rolllaugh::mrburnsevil:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I am a fellow Kool-Aid drinker, I mean doesn't that come with being a Rams fan? Without that idiotic annual hope that begins with the draft I'd be miserable year round!

Oh and...

kool-aid-info-graphic-2.jpg

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
I felt the same way. I followed Faulk at SD State all 3 years. Was disappointed that the Rams couldn't draft him, but was happy he didn't go to a hated team. The only other college player I followed, other than the local players was the RB from Pitt that was drafted by Dallas. #33. Dementia setting in can't think of his name but didn't like him anymore. But you can imagine how I felt when the Rams made the trade for Faulk. Then they drafted Holt and bought in Martz and Green. I was hog heaven. Bruce was healthy. Their #1 receiver from 1998 was now #4, Proehl. I was also devastated when Green went down. When they beat the Ravens in the season opener, I sent a little be to Vegas for the Rams to win the NFC. Wish I had put on them to win the SB, 200-1. May be time again.
Tony Dorsett.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Keep drinking it. Goff will have us in the playoffs this year and the Super Bowl in the near future. It has been written.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cant understand why wouldn't a fan drink the kool aid this time of year? The off season is so dang long, and we're only about half way there. If the Rams have a poor season, it doesn't suck any less if my expectations were lower.
So may as well enjoy the heck out of it now, everyone tied for first place
Go Rams

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's us life-long Kool-Aid drinkers that are going to get completely hammered this year by the haters.
It almost feels like the whole world outside of us die hard fans are waiting & almost wishing for the Rams to fail with the move to Los Angeles so they can say same mediocre team, different city. Now with the draft picks we gave up, even many of the loyal fans are being negative and are just waiting for the chance to say "See, I told you that was the dumbest trade in NFL history."
I'll tell you what though, if the Rams somehow pull this off and have a winning season, the Rams could become larger than life. With the relocation move, the biggest move up in the draft, how these guys are supposed to gel and be ready by gameday with all these distractions is beyond me. I hope it can be done. We have to remember the Saints went 3-13 when they were displaced by hurricane Katrina, but then went 10-6 the next year when they were settled in back at the Dome. Personally, I'm going to embrace the Rams even tighter, scream and cheer a lot louder until I'm horse and guzzle an ocean of Kool-Aid because this team needs us to believe more than ever. I'm ready for some growing pains and also I'm really excited for this next chapter in the Rams history book.