Early 53 Projection + P.S. ...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Just taking a stab at it. No doubt either a UFDA or a camp cut from another team moves up, but as of today ...
How are you guys seeing it ?

Offense (25) :

QB - Goff, Mannion

LT - Whitworth, Williams
LG - Saffold, Donnal, Brown
C - Sullivan, Wichmann
RG - Havenstein, Brown
RT - Robinson, Donnal

RB - Gurley, Dunbar, Brown

FB - Rogers

TE - Higbee, Everett, Hemingway, Harkey

WR - Austin, Woods, Kupp, Reynolds, Cooper, Thomas

Defense (25) :

NT/DT - Brockers, Walker
LDE - Easley, Smart, Walker
RDE - Donald, Trinca-Pasat

OLB - Quinn, Barwin, Ebukam, Price or Carlos Thompson
ILB - Ogletree, Barron, Forrest, Hager

SS - Alexander, I. Johnson, Barron
FS - Joyner, J. Johnson, Randolph, Davis

CB - T. Johnson, Webster, EJ Gaines, Robey-Coleman, Jordan, Joyner

Special Teams :

P - Hekker
K - Zuerlein
LS - McQuaide

Practice Squad :

OLB - Carlos Thompson or Ejuan Price
ILB - Cassanova McKinzy
DE/OLB - Morgan Fox (not sure if still eligible)
RB - Aaron Green, Justin Davis
DB - Marquis Christian
CB - Blake Countess
WR - Nelson Spruce, Paul McRoberts
C/OG - Anthony McMeans

Memphis Ram

Legend
Quite frankly, while others may disagree, I'll be shocked if Mark Barron is still on this team by opening day.

Perhaps they can deal him to Buffalo for Ryan Groy. He would seem to fit a Leslie Frazier type defense looking for more speed.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I kinda agree with your roster ... jut have to wait and see how this bears out. at WR, Cooper and Spruce are going to be the biggest battle, as they both play a position ( slot) that is loaded. Because Eventually I can see the starters as being Reynolds/Woods/Kupp. The others will end up being the backups/4th &5th WR options. I think Kupp is going to be our main Slot guy but SM is going to move these guys all over. I'm not pegging him a purely a Slot guy. But I do believe our top 3 are going to be those three with Thomas (if he balls) being rotation/backup outside guy on the outside should injury occur.

i'm telling ya .. the addition of Woods/Kupp/Reynolds is going to not only strengthen this group as starters, but push the whole room to ball out or be gone. i'm putting Tavon in there as well. Time for him to earn those $$$ or they will cut bait fairly easily.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Just taking a stab at it. No doubt either a UFDA or a camp cut from another team moves up, but as of today ...
How are you guys seeing it ?

Offense (25) :

QB - Goff, Mannion

LT - Whitworth, Williams
LG - Saffold, Donnal, Brown
C - Sullivan, Wichmann
RG - Havenstein, Brown
RT - Robinson, Donnal

RB - Gurley, Dunbar, Brown

FB - Rogers

TE - Higbee, Everett, Hemingway, Harkey

Defense (25) :

NT/DT - Brockers, Walker
LDE - Easley, Smart, Walker
RDE - Donald, Trinca-Pasat

OLB - Quinn, Barwin, Ebukam, Price or Carlos Thompson
ILB - Ogletree, Barron, Forrest, Hager

SS - Alexander, I. Johnson, Barron
FS - Joyner, J. Johnson, Randolph, Davis

CB - T. Johnson, Webster, EJ Gaines, Robey-Coleman, Jordan, Joyner

Special Teams :

P - Hekker
K - Zuerlein
LS - McQuaide

Practice Squad :

OLB - Carlos Thompson or Ejuan Price
ILB - Cassanova McKinzy
DE/OLB - Morgan Fox (not sure if still eligible)
RB - Aaron Green, Justin Davis
DB - Marquis Christian
CB - Blake Countess
WR - Nelson Spruce, Paul McRoberts
C/OG - Anthony McMeans
I'm sorry, it's just waaaay too early to speculate on the Final Roster and PS! They have even practiced against each other yet! Let's wait until August anyway!!:D

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Quite frankly, while others may disagree, I'll be shocked if Mark Barron is still on this team by opening day.

Perhaps they can deal him to Buffalo for Ryan Groy. He would seem to fit a Leslie Frazier type defense looking for more speed.

I had Barron being traded off in a couple of my early mocks, and believe if the Rams had wanted to move him on to Buffalo for Groy + ?, it might have occurred when we traded down for Everett. I suppose it could still go down, I certainly wouldn't object, but being that Ogletree becomes a free agent following the season, they may want to hold off while they see how they perform in their new roles. Can't imagine the Rams wanting to pay near $19.mil for two ILB's in a Wade Phillips scheme, I figure something has to give. jmo.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Sounds about right, I expect Kupp to be able to contribute week 1 based on his skillset. The other rookies will likely take reps in nickel/dime packages and 13 personnel/4 receiver sets.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Can Aaron Murray be added to the practice squad? Or is he just gone?

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Isn't there an exception for the 3rd QB?? i'm not sure. thought there was under NFL rules...
Dont think there is for a 3rd QB, thought it only mattered how many snaps you played in a certain number of years since drafted or some combo like that. Im fuzzy on the subject.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Can Aaron Murray be added to the practice squad? Or is he just gone?
Can Murray even see over our gigantic OL ?

I was surprised we didn't select a 4'th QB as a camp arm with our UDFA choices.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Dont think there is for a 3rd QB, thought it only mattered how many snaps you played in a certain number of years since drafted or some combo like that. Im fuzzy on the subject.
yeah ... I'm not sure . i just thought i heard something about being able to keep a 3rd QB available but not count against the roster ... maybe that was a game day thing ... IDK lol Brain fart

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Can Murray even see over our gigantic OL ?

I was surprised we didn't select a 4'th QB as a camp arm with our UDFA choices.
True he is'nt the tallest but he that short...kinda. Still time to bring in a 4th camp arm.

Ram65

Legend

This will be the definition of a camp battle. The first four will be on the team barring injury. The rest get a fresh start with the new coaching staff. Cooper could be the favorite as he got some playing time last year and was productive in the SEC. Thomas had some hand problems that he is known for but, has down field ability. Bradley also saw playing time and plays well on special teams. Spruce has the hands, goes over the middle and can catch in a crowd. The new coaching staff may not rest with the current players on the roster and could bring other players.

11 Austin, Tavon WR 5-8 176 26 5 West Virginia
10 Cooper, Pharoh WR 5-11 207 22 2 South Carolina
15 Marquez, Bradley WR 5-10 196 24 3 Texas Tech
19 McRoberts, Paul WR 6-2 200 24 1 Southeast Missouri State
3 North, Marquez WR 6-3 229 22 1 Tennessee
82 Shippen, Brandon WR 5-11 198 22 1 Temple
86 Spruce, Nelson WR 6-1 205 24 1 Colorado
88 Thomas, Mike WR 6-1 200 22 2 Southern Miss
17 Woods, Robert WR 6-0 190 25 5 Southern California

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@Riverumbbq
I am a Spruce fanboy. So I must challenge you to a duel. lollll.

I bet $100ROD that Spruce makes the roster. I like him more than Cooper :p.

Memphis Ram

Legend
This will be the definition of a camp battle. The first four will be on the team barring injury. The rest get a fresh start with the new coaching staff. Cooper could be the favorite as he got some playing time last year and was productive in the SEC. Thomas had some hand problems that he is known for but, has down field ability. Bradley also saw playing time and plays well on special teams. Spruce has the hands, goes over the middle and can catch in a crowd. The new coaching staff may not rest with the current players on the roster and could bring other players.

11 Austin, Tavon WR 5-8 176 26 5 West Virginia
10 Cooper, Pharoh WR 5-11 207 22 2 South Carolina
15 Marquez, Bradley WR 5-10 196 24 3 Texas Tech
19 McRoberts, Paul WR 6-2 200 24 1 Southeast Missouri State
3 North, Marquez WR 6-3 229 22 1 Tennessee
82 Shippen, Brandon WR 5-11 198 22 1 Temple
86 Spruce, Nelson WR 6-1 205 24 1 Colorado
88 Thomas, Mike WR 6-1 200 22 2 Southern Miss
17 Woods, Robert WR 6-0 190 25 5 Southern California

I just hope that everyone gets a fair shot to win a roster spot as there should be some growth in many of these young guys between years 1 to 2. Hopefully this Eric Yarber is a pretty good WR coach although I'm having trouble thinking of any UCLA WRs that have done much these past 5 seasons.

Last edited:

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
Agree, but for this mock-up I gave the nod to Thomas because of his special teams skills.
Special teams and role. Thomas is one of two deep threats at WR. If it were just a hands and route running contest Spruce has him beat.