Eagles will hire former Browns OC John DeFilippo as QB coach

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
BTW - why would we assume that Fish offered the OC job to someone who coached an offense that finished BELOW our offense in point production? Because someone likes some of his passing plays? I guess out of all the coaching changes going on in the NFL, Fisher is the only stupid one for not signing this amazing young talent as an OC.

Want to hear something really crazy? About a decade ago, a team hired an OC for their HC job whose offense finished 30th in points and 32nd in yards. They hired this OC because they thought he had brilliant concepts but was held back by offensive personnel and the head coach above him. This team was the Green Bay Packers. They hired San Francisco 49ers OC Mike McCarthy.

Simply put, DeFilippo's passing concepts were brilliant and he had the Browns offense significantly overachieving until Josh McCown was lost to an injury.

As for your last sentence, already discussed earlier. Same thing happened to Hue Jackson. Doesn't mean anything. It's pretty easily explainable.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Nope. I'm not going to censor my opinion. I'm not going to change my opinion. I don't care what I come off as. I've seen over a decade of incompetence from coaching staffs and front offices. You all are welcome to trust every decision they make and refuse to question them out of blind faith. But I've had enough. I will continue to say that they made a bad decision and freaked up. I don't care how you take that. It's your choice to take my refusal to back down and have faith in the coaching staff as me knowing more than the rest of you. But I'm going to make my stand. I'm damn tired of this bullcrap year after year. Fisher pulled the same crap last year.

I've used plenty of rational thought. And I've arrived at my conclusion. A conclusion that isn't popular here.

If you don't like my opinion and don't want it here, ban me. But I'm not changing it because the coaching staff is the coaching staff and they must be brilliant experts that don't make mistakes and have plans that us mere mortals couldn't understand. I stand behind my opinion. The Rams and Fisher freaked up. Unlike last off-season, they had a great candidate willing to interview and they screwed it up. Just when I thought Fisher was starting to get it...
No - you are sounding like a freaking twit and a broken record playing a tired tune. If you want me to ban you for it I will. If you can figure out a way to stop sounding like a little bitch, you can stay and be part of the discussions.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You wanted him. So? No one else apparently did for their OC vacancy. You want us to give you more credibility in your assessments than anyone actually making their living at it. Got it.

Same thing happened to Hue Jackson in 2012. So what?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No - you are sounding like a freaking twit and a broken record playing a tired tune. If you want me to ban you for it I will. If you can figure out a way to stop sounding like a little bitch, you can stay and be part of the discussions.

Nope. I'm not changing my opinion. If you can't take my negative view of this regime's decision then you're everything you just accused me of being.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler

Didn't there used to be a rule around these parts? Attack the something not the...I forget :thinking:

FrankenRam

Starter
You're not gaining any points here for the Rams. The Rams not searching for a new OC is asinine. They interviewed DeFilippo for something. They had the opportunity to offer him the OC job. They either did not or what they offered was so offputting that he turned it down for a QB Coach job. The Rams freaked up. They made a stupid decision. I don't much care what that decision was. DeFilippo should be our OC next year. Instead, it appears that Fisher is going to crap the bed again. Just like he did last year.

I don't understand why you're so down on the possibility of Boras (most likely?) continuing as OC. Every coach at any level was a coach at a lesser level at some point, and showed enough at that level to deserve a promotion to the next higher rank. Why is it so hard for some to believe that Boras doesn't have what it takes to be considered the 'next bright offensive' mind and grow into being a highly successful OC....and even HC somewhere down the road.

While the Rams' O results weren't stellar by any means when he took over this past season, it sure looked to my eye like there was significant improvement. And given some decent QB play, the O might have wound up holding it's own. Not great, but good enough to put the team in position to win each of the last group of games with Boras at the helm. If they find a good QB, I don't see why not searching for a new OC would be considered asinine.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
Who forget where we were four short years ago.

Tomorrow the Cardinals travel to Carolina to play for the NFC championship, assuming both teams keep the same lineup as last weekend here's whats left of the 2011 teams (green=Pro Bowl, orange=All Pro):

Arizona:
_____ QB
_____ RB
_____ WR
_____ WR
Larry Fitzgerald WR
_____ TE
_____ LT
_____ LG
Lyle Sendlein C
_____ RG
_____ RT
_____ DT
Calais Campbell DT
_____ DT
_____ ILB
_____ SLB
_____ SAM
Patrick Peterson LCB
_____ RCB
Rashad Johnson SS
_____ FS
_____ DB

Carolina:
Cam Newton QB
Jonathan Stewart RB
_____ FB
_____ WR
_____ TE
Greg Olsen TE
_____ LT
_____ LG
Ryan Kalil C
_____ RG
_____ RT
Charles Johnson LDE
_____ LDT
_____ RDT
_____ RDE
_____ SLB
_____ MLB
Thomas Davis WLB
_____ LCB
_____ RCB
_____ SS
_____ FS

FrankenRam

Starter
Nope. I'm not changing my opinion. If you can't take my negative view of this regime's decision then you're everything you just accused me of being.

Nobody has a problem with your 'opinion'. The problem is the presentation of it as being utter fact.

For me, it's sad. I used to enjoy reading your *opinion*. Didn't always agree with it, but even when that was the case, I generally understood how you came by it and respected the rationale behind it.

But in recent times, there doesn't seem to be any 'opinion' in your posts. They all read as though they are fact, and if anyone else isn't privy to your crystal ball facts, well that's just tough toenails for them.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Tomorrow the Cardinals travel to Carolina to play for the NFC championship, assuming both teams keep the same lineup as last weekend here's whats left of the 2011 teams (green=Pro Bowl, orange=All Pro):

Arizona:
_____ QB
_____ RB
_____ WR
_____ WR
Larry Fitzgerald WR
_____ TE
_____ LT
_____ LG
Lyle Sendlein C
_____ RG
_____ RT
_____ DT
Calais Campbell DT
_____ DT
_____ ILB
_____ SLB
_____ SAM
Patrick Peterson LCB
_____ RCB
Rashad Johnson SS
_____ FS
_____ DB

Carolina:
Cam Newton QB
Jonathan Stewart RB
_____ FB
_____ WR
_____ TE
Greg Olsen TE
_____ LT
_____ LG
Ryan Kalil C
_____ RG
_____ RT
Charles Johnson LDE
_____ LDT
_____ RDT
_____ RDE
_____ SLB
_____ MLB
Thomas Davis WLB
_____ LCB
_____ RCB
_____ SS
_____ FS

Well done.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug

Arizona:
_____ QB
_____ RB
_____ WR
_____ WR
Larry Fitzgerald WR
_____ TE
_____ LT
_____ LG
Lyle Sendlein C
_____ RG
_____ RT