Eagles will hire former Browns OC John DeFilippo as QB coach

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy

PressureD41

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ya I admit I was hoping for him too, but maybe big picture wise landing Shurmur will be the best thing as he won't be the next hot HC guy and we can build an offense. People need to remember 2010 horrible roster we had before labeling him the dink & dunk king

PressureD41

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_St._Louis_Rams_season#Final_roster

2010 St. Louis Rams final roster
Quarterbacks

Running backs

Wide receivers

Tight ends

Offensive linemen
Defensive linemen

Linebackers
Defensive backs

Special teams

Reserve lists

Practice squad

Rookies in italics
53 Active, 11 Inactive, 10 Practice squad

=================================================================
Just going to pour bleach into my eyes now!!!!! :headexplosion::headexplosion::headexplosion::headexplosion:

jjab360

Legend
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_St._Louis_Rams_season#Final_roster

2010 St. Louis Rams final roster
Quarterbacks

Running backs

Wide receivers

Tight ends

Offensive linemen
Defensive linemen

Linebackers
Defensive backs

Special teams

Reserve lists

Practice squad

Rookies in italics
53 Active, 11 Inactive, 10 Practice squad

=================================================================
Just going to pour bleach into my eyes now!!!!! :headexplosion::headexplosion::headexplosion::headexplosion:
Wow, I never realized how lucky we got with injuries that year. The only way that team got to 7-9 was with an incredibly weak schedule and a lack of injury to key players.

PressureD41

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
People can hate on Fisher, but we are very close to playoffs, lets not revert back to those sad sack teams pre Fisher days

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Ya I admit I was hoping for him too, but maybe big picture wise landing Shurmur will be the best thing as he won't be the next hot HC guy and we can build an offense. People need to remember 2010 horrible roster we had before labeling him the dink & dunk king

He didn't have great players but either Shurmur or Spags pushed a very conservative approach with Sam. At the time it seemed smart for a rookie at the time but, it stuck with him. Maybe Kelly taught Shurmur a thing or two and that is what the Rams want to bring to LA. Somehow with Fisher it seems unlikely.

PressureD41

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Lets see how the off season plays out before throwing the Fisher-Shurmur pairing to the wolves.. Remember a year ago we wanted to fix the OL and I think we did so in spades. Everyone knew last draft was an OL draft & NOT a QB.. This year is a good QB draft, minus the so called A. Luck type in it...But I have a feeling if we can get a Brotles (Wentz) or a Carr (Goff) or "maybe" (no sure yet on him) Lynch we will be partying like its 1999!
I'm still backing Snead & Fisher

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hoping that Fisher gets this offense fixed feels the same as buying $300 dollars in powerball tickets for the big jackpot. I just knew it wasn't gonna happen but couldn't help but hope.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just like the Schotty decision. We passed on the better candidate. Stupid as hell.

Hopefully interviewing Shurmur means they want an OC for a new first round QB. Because that is a monster letdown.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
Defensive linemen

Linebackers
Defensive backs

Without looking it up, how many points per game would you say the 2015 D improved over that 2010 D? Get it within 0.5 points per game and I'll give you (or anyone) $10,000ROD

JerseyRam1

Rookie
I though Shurmur was the most unimaginative OC the Rams have had as OC in the last 10 years, other than Cingetti. We have seen this play OC interview process play out before. Starting to feel like Boras is the guy we'll end up with-just like last year when we wound up with Cingetti.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
For all you guys upset that the Rams didn't hire him as OC are you wondering why nobody else he interviewed with did either? And why he is taking essentially a lesser position with a team in transition?

Maybe he doesn't interview well or maybe there is something else up..........but you cannot deny there is smoke here.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
The dude accepted a position coach job... my guess is that he accepted it because he knew damn well it was about all he'd be offered.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Just like the Schotty decision. We passed on the better candidate. Stupid as hell.

Hopefully interviewing Shurmur means they want an OC for a new first round QB. Because that is a monster letdown.

Although I agree with you I would be interested to see Shurmur after three years under Chip Kelly....I realize it was only one game, but the Eagle offense seemed far better balanced in their last game albeit it was against the defenseless New York Giants.

Not sure if Fisher pulls the trigger on Shurmur, will he vacillate and let Shurmur end up elsewhere and then just give the gig to Boras? Let's hope not and the Rams still need a RB & WR coach so Fisher needs to expedite this process IMHO.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Lol@ that 2010 roster btw...

Can there have been many less talented teams in the NFL? Sneads done a great job of rebuilding this roster.

On topic I do not get why a guy takes a job as a position coach rather than an OC- unless of course that guy hasn't been offered a job as an OC in the first place. We do make some stupid decisions on the offensive side - and that's gotta be down to Snead as GM as well as Fisher surely? Or does Fiaher have full control over coaching staff.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
For all you guys upset that the Rams didn't hire him as OC are you wondering why nobody else he interviewed with did either? And why he is taking essentially a lesser position with a team in transition?

Maybe he doesn't interview well or maybe there is something else up..........but you cannot deny there is smoke here.

I had that thought as well...QB coach is the best gig he hoped to be able to land ?? Sounds odd to me..

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
The dude accepted a position coach job... my guess is that he accepted it because he knew damn well it was about all he'd be offered.

One thing to take into account. This guy is from Philly. He played HS football here. His dad was the AD at Villanova 10-15 years ago when he lived here. So it may have been tough to pass up in regards to coming home.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Without looking it up, how many points per game would you say the 2015 D improved over that 2010 D? Get it within 0.5 points per game and I'll give you (or anyone) $10,000ROD
No clue! Didn't look! I guess!! 1.5 points.