Eagles to sign Tim Tebow

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
It's almost like that old Star Trek episode is playing itself out in Philly and they've got the evil Chip Kelly.
evil-kirk.jpg

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Meanwhile in an alternative universe (where all NFL teams trade away their best players in order to promote bad players) the real Chip Kelly was caught trying to re-sign Jeremy Maclin.....

tumblr_n1f5llSSD41s67vyfo2_250.gif

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
We will see if Tebow even makes it out of training camp still on the roster. At least one of those 4 QBs have to go and the Eagles are having trouble trading Barkley.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Must be nice to be in the NFL. There are people with years of success and a master's degree who can't get an interview out here and a guy who can't throw gets a third job in there. Incredible.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
this is the QB trio i wanted the Rams to sign last year, it would have given Sam plenty of healing time...

and 'bow does know how to win games, it may not be pretty but you know what, with the right system he can be dangerous...

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
this is the QB trio i wanted the Rams to sign last year, it would have given Sam plenty of healing time...

and 'bow does know how to win games, it may not be pretty but you know what, with the right system he can be dangerous...

Not as a quarterback. He can't play QB in this league. He's not accurate enough.

…..

Legend
Tebow could possibly fill a role there in a Chip Kelly scheme. I would'nt be so quick to make jokes and I wouldnt discount the playoff game Tebow won for Denver.

He did actually play QB in the SEC. Its not like they are trying to turn a track star into a WR ala Ron Brown, or trying to turn a Tim Couch into a safety. The Rams did those things.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Not as a quarterback. He can't play QB in this league. He's not accurate enough.
I'm sure the Rams would have won more games last season with him at QB than the Davis/Hill combo..

I can live with this sorta accuracy...

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I'm actually glad I don't love a sports team as much as him. That's not healthy lol. But I do kind of want to see Tebow lead them to the playoffs just to see what his reaction would be.
I think most of us love the Rams as much as he loves the Eagles. He just has a very bad way of expressing it

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I'm sure the Rams would have won more games last season with him at QB than the Davis/Hill combo..

Can't say as I agree with that at all. I'm not sure why Tebow would have had more success than the others due to the fact that our primary problem was the OL.

thehammer

Rookie
Tebow has been working with QB guru Tom House on his mechanics and has supposedly tightened up his delivery and improved his accuracy

glad he is being given another chance...wish the kid well

gotta love Kelly...I have never owned a team jersey in my life but tempted to buy a Philly jersey because of Kelly....

Athos

Legend
Tim Teblow.

Never a more annoying player that sucks shit at the game and keeps getting press.

Hope he starts.

Hope the Iggles bite it.

62ramsfan

UDFA
He never showed enough to indicate he could be a starter but he's a dynamite 3rd/emergency QB. He has some magic sometimes - enough to overcome his limitations and win games. Can't say that about too many other 3rd QBs. I'll bet Kelly would also come up with some very interesting formations and strategies to maximize his running talents and hide his throwing limitations. If the Eagles ever found themselves in a situation like the Cardinals did last year where they have to play their #3 QB in a playoff game, I'd much rather have Tebow in that game than Barkley.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Considering who is slated to start ahead of him... I don't find it inconceivable that Baby Jesus could see the field in a starting capacity by week 6.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://mmqb.si.com/2015/04/20/tim-tebow-signs-philadelphia-eagles-nfl/

tebow-story.jpg

Jeff Zelevansky/Getty Images

The Tim Tebow Trial
The Eagles are giving a chance to the lightning-rod QB who hasn’t played a meaningful down since 2012. Here’s why it’s a smart move by Philly. Plus, two HOF GMs on Winston vs. Mariota, a new look at the Malcolm Butler Super Bowl play and more
By Peter King

Timeline of Sunday night:

6:34 p.m. ET: FOX’s Jay Glazer reports the Eagles will sign quarterback Tim Tebow, unemployed by any NFL team for the past 20 months, on Monday.

7:46 p.m.: ESPN’s Darren Rovell tweets, “98,000 Tweets on Tim Tebow in last hour.”

9:02 p.m.: Assistant coach in the NFL who knows Kelly but does not work with him says to me, “This is not a prayer. There’s a chance here. If there’s one coach in the NFL who could figure a way to use Tebow, it’s Chip. Maybe not every week, but in spots.”

10:22 p.m.: College friend of Tebow tells me Tebow “is very excited, but also very low-key. He just wants to go in [Monday, to the start of the Eagles’ offseason program] and fit in and say nothing.”

Tebow signing with most teams in the NFL today might not lead this column, especially because I’ve got two other items I really like. Tebow signing with the Eagles leads the column because, as my anonymous coach says, Kelly will give Tebow a legitimate chance to be one of his three quarterbacks this season. I say “chance,” because that is what this is. NFL teams have 90 offseason roster spots.

Quarterback is clearly the most important starting position. The Eagles now have presumptive starter Sam Bradford, presumptive number two Mark Sanchez and presumptive fighting-for-a-roster-spot backup Matt Barkley behind them. Now it’s Tebow versus Barkley and free-agent camp arm G.J. Kinne.

This morning, Kelly has five quarterbacks on his roster, which will expand to 90 players in the next two weeks, once the draft and the signing of free agents is done. Kinne might be gone then. Who knows? Barkley might be gone then, traded or released. But Chip Kelly wants to get a good look for himself at Tim Tebow in the offseason program and presumably at training camp for at least a while.

I don’t blame him. I applaud him. You’ve got 90 spots on your roster. If you think a player has a chance to help your team win a game somewhere down the road this season, wouldn’t you want to take a look at him for a few months—for free? Because the Tebow trial will cost Kelly essentially nothing. Tebow won’t be paid any significant money until he makes the team, if he does, in September. In 2010 he was a first-round pick.

He has a skill set that fits in Kelly’s spread scheme with an emphasis on quarterback runs (at times). I still think Kelly wants to have a mashing-type running game, with a physical back (he has that now, in DeMarco Murray) and a quarterback who, at least occasionally, can be a running threat.

Let’s be real about what this is: It’s a trial. It’s a chance. It’s a coach who doesn’t care about the distraction of having Tim Tebow in his camp, because he thinks Tebow might help his team. And about that distraction thing: Did you ever hear Bill Belichick or Robert Kraft or Tom Brady talk about Tebow being a distraction in Foxboro in 2013, when Tebow was on that team for the whole of training camp? No. That’s because he wasn’t one.

He was cut by the Patriots because he’s not an accurate passer and didn’t fit their exacting scheme. Cutting Tebow was justified. Tebow didn’t deserve to be on that team. He might deserve to be a cog in the wheel in Philadelphia. We’ll see.

Tebow getting signed by the Eagles is not the decline of western sporting civilization. It is a coach running an offensive system that’s a good fit for a mobile quarterback just looking into whether one of the best mobile quarterbacks in college football history—and one, by the way, who beat the Dick LeBeau-led Steelers defense in an NFL playoff game—can be That Guy. No harm, no foul.

Greg Stone

Rookie
He seems to have finally taken seriously the fact that he was not an NFL caliber QB and in the last year has been trying to make himself into one. So good luck to him. He may surprise us.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I think it's not a bad move given his run pass option inside the 5 yard line I've always thought he could be valuable at the right price , and for plays where you want to use trickeration like lining him up at QB with another QB at RB then he splits out to tight end other Qb moves under center andf the defense calls timeout and from then on you cost other teams prep time , why not, ain't like you ever intend to start him.