Eagles suffer worst loss of Doug Pederson era in Miami

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Eagles suffer worst loss of Doug Pederson era in Miami

MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. -- The Philadelphia Eagles' 37-31 loss to the Miami Dolphins on Sunday was the worst of the coach Doug Pederson era -- a kind of defeat that has the ability to splinter a locker room, and one that will test this team's leadership group with four games left. Facing a stripped-down 2-9 Miami team and with a clear path to the NFC East title right in front of them, the Eagles choked.

A defense that had held its past four opponents to 17 points or fewer reverted to its old ways, as the secondary yielded one big play after another -- mostly to DeVante Parker (7 catches, 159 yards, 2 TDs), who became the eighth wideout to eclipse the 100-yard mark against this unit. Miami hadn't scored this many points since October 2015.

Familiar issues appeared on offense, such as drops (the one by tight end Zach Ertz near the goal line late in the third quarter was a killer) and bad penalties.

The good news is that the Eagles (5-7) remain just a game back of the Dallas Cowboys (6-6) and, with a home game against Dallas looming, still somehow control their own destiny. They could end up division champs, but after a loss like this, it's hard to think they deserve to be.

QB breakdown: Carson Wentz (28-of-46, 310 yards, 3 TDs) bounced back from arguably the worst performance of his career against the Seattle Seahawks in Week 12. His final TD pass came early in the third quarter, however, as the Eagles scored only three points the rest of the way. The Eagles led 28-14 in the third quarter. The last time they lost when leading by 14 points in a game was in 2018's Week 7 against the Panthers (led 17-0 but lost 21-17).

Buy a breakout performance: Rookie running back Miles Sanders had 105 total yards and a touchdown and averaged 4.9 yards per carry on the ground. With Jordan Howard slow to recover from a stinger in his shoulder, Sanders has received the lion's share of the snaps over the past three weeks and is looking more comfortable in the lead role.

Eye-popping stat: Wentz and the Eagles are now 0-7 in games in which they trailed in the fourth quarter this season.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This year’s NFC East is one of the worst divisions in NFL history

The NFC East went 1-3 this week, and that’s par for the course for a division that isn’t just the worst in the NFL this season, but one of the worst in NFL history.

Right now, the NFC East has a cumulative record of 16-32, for a .333 winning percentage. Here’s how the NFC East standings look:

Dallas 6-6
Philadelphia 5-7
Washington 3-9
N.Y. Giants 2-10

That .333 winning percentage is worse than the worst division ever, the 2008 NFC West, which had a cumulative record of 22-42, a .344 winning percentage. That year the Cardinals won the division at 9-7, the 49ers were 7-9, the Seahawks were 4-12 and the Rams were 2-14.

However, this year’s NFC East has to get better because there are six more games within the division this season. Someone has to win those six games, so the worst the NFC East can finish is 22-42, a tie with the 2008 NFC West.

The most amazing thing about this year’s NFC East is that Washington, at 3-9, is still not out of contention. There’s still a chance that Washington could finish 7-9 while Dallas and Philadelphia both go 6-10 and the Giants are even worse, and we could see a playoff game in Washington in January. Not likely. But possible. Thanks to a brutally bad NFC East.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
And somewhere in electronic Eaglesdom there are fans lighting their young QB on fire for his inconsistencies this season. :ROFLMAO:

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
And somewhere in electronic Eaglesdom there are fans lighting their young QB on fire for his inconsistencies this season. :ROFLMAO:

Probably wanting to trade Wentz to Miami or Denver for 2 first rounders and no plan to fill the vacancy left at the position ...

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
31 to 37 is their worst loss of Pederson era??
I didn't watch the game but it seems like they were in it until the end.
People are so over dramatic.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
The most amazing thing about this year’s NFC East is that Washington, at 3-9, is still not out of contention. There’s still a chance that Washington could finish 7-9 while Dallas and Philadelphia both go 6-10 and the Giants are even worse, and we could see a playoff game in Washington in January. Not likely. But possible. Thanks to a brutally bad NFC East.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

That’s some 7-9 BS

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

I thought there were saying it's the worse loss due to the suckitude of the opponent.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
It seems Frank Reich made that offense more than Pederson. Although I would factor that those gadget/trick plays and high-risk, high reward decisions were hurting the Iggles more this year

Last edited:

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I think Both Rams and Eagles will be back next year as playoff teams....but, I gotta say, McVay has the edge now as a coach over Pederson...that man is fading fast while McVay is somewhat treading water.

Pederson and that GM will bring them back.....though Wentz has stats, but bad wonloss percntate.....like 5-6 and 5-7 last 2 years...but hey, no injuries

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It seems Frank Reich made that offense more than Pederson. Although I would factor that those gadget/trick plays and high-risk, high reward decisions were hurting the Iggles more this year
Well, Frank Reich had nothing to do with the defense being ranked #4 in ppg when they won the SB, which fell to 12 last season and now 20th. You score 31 points against a 2-9 team, you should be in a position to rest your starters in the 2nd half, not hoping for an on sides kick late in the game

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

They had a chance to take control of the NFCE after Dallas laid an absolute egg against the Bills, they didn't and are in 2nd place a game behind Dallas.

Lol, what if Dallas makes the playoffs and wins a game, and Jerruh doesn't make changes? That would be a hoot.