Eagles rumor

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
The best news we could get is that Philly traded up to #1. But even still, I just don't know if the Rams value Winston like I do. Would make my year, though, if they traded up for him. Although, there are a lot of people in this fan-base that would probably not be too happy. That all said, I don't care. I think the kid is a future star at QB.
I don't think anyone could question his ability to play in the NFL.
It's the off field accusations that have many concerned.
The kid can play. The question is...is he ready to be a man and lead a franchise?

I wasn't to thrilled with the idea of having him in horns last year. The more I watched him though, the more I liked him. He was far and away the best qb in college. At least from what I saw.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You can always trust what teams say in advance of the draft, right?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Foles did have one incredible season in 2013. Let's not totally discount him. I don't think he is or will be elite, but the book isn't totally closed on him. Mariota hasn't had to read defenses or go through progressions. Your QB has to be able to sit in the pocket and read. Peyton Manning has a very average skill set at this point of his career, yet he posts huge numbers because he can read and process like no other. Your QB has to be able to read. Mariota may be able to do that. He has never done it though.

Why would Kelly be so quick to give up the house for Mariota if Foles is so good? I agree with Jrry that Foles and Glennon are similar type QBs.

Maybe Tampa Bay is not convinced about Either top QB. But we have seen this every year. Neither of these QBs will be passed on by needy teams. Teams have taken worse QB prospects top ten in recent years. If Tampa Bay chooses to trade the pick Kelly will have competition for it. I think Oakland would be Philly's best shot at a trade up for Mariota if he is there.

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
Could Chip have lost his locker room already? Is that why we see a hard drive on Ducks? Players that are used to him? Understand him? Trust him?

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I think it was a slow news day and someone needed a story.
I can see TB doing it if they really don't like either QB. They could just suck for another year, which would give them another top 5 choice to draft a QB next year they really want and get a absolute boat load of picks from Philly. Highest draft trade value ever.

And if they throw in Foles, which Foles is it, 2013 or 2014?
http://www.nfl.com/player/nickfoles/2532842/profile

Kelly has to have the right QB for his system to work. Foles isn't it. Either Kelly gets his guy or he's back in college after next year.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I think it was a slow news day and someone needed a story.
I can see TB doing it if they really don't like either QB. They could just suck for another year, which would give them another top 5 choice to draft a QB next year they really want and get a absolute boat load of picks from Philly. Highest draft trade value ever.

And if they throw in Foles, which Foles is it, 2013 or 2014?
http://www.nfl.com/player/nickfoles/2532842/profile

Kelly has to have the right QB for his system to work. Foles isn't it. Either Kelly gets his guy or he's back in college after next year.

I think Kelly's best fit is in college.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I think Kelly's best fit is in college.

It is.
Tho that's the future in NFL coaching. Gimmick systems, and plug and play. Half a dozen passing plays and a few variations. Playbooks have 20 pages. The spread, and other college systems are dumbing down the players and not developing the QB's.
But the game adapts. Look at Foles. Did his play taper off because he sucked or was it that the league adjusted to Kelly's system.

Though with MM and his skill set it's a new ballgame.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was trying to imagine what it would take .... RGIII deal would be the starting point but that was from 2 to 6. This is 1 to 20!
I read it was foles this years first and a third, next years first and the year after for number one and evans

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I read it was foles this years first and a third, next years first and the year after for number one and evans

Sounds like something someone cooked up on Madden. Moving up to #1 is worth three firsts by itself if you're at #20. Evans, himself, is worth at least two firsts in my book.

Tampa Bay would have to be really stupid to trade Evans in any deal right now. Much less a deal that wouldn't necessarily cut it to get #1 BY ITSELF.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
LOL This is such BS! " And the sheep shall haveth the eyes covered by wooleth"

FRO

Legend
Why would Kelly be so quick to give up the house for Mariota if Foles is so good? I agree with Jrry that Foles and Glennon are similar type QBs.

Maybe Tampa Bay is not convinced about Either top QB. But we have seen this every year. Neither of these QBs will be passed on by needy teams. Teams have taken worse QB prospects top ten in recent years. If Tampa Bay chooses to trade the pick Kelly will have competition for it. I think Oakland would be Philly's best shot at a trade up for Mariota if he is there.
Mariota adds the run game to Chip's offense. Foles can't run. I think Kelly wants a running QB.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sounds like something someone cooked up on Madden. Moving up to #1 is worth three firsts by itself if you're at #20. Evans, himself, is worth at least two firsts in my book.

Tampa Bay would have to be really stupid to trade Evans in any deal right now. Much less a deal that wouldn't necessarily cut it to get #1 BY ITSELF.
I disagree with you on a few fronts here. It took the redskins 3 firsts and a second to move up from 6 to 2 lol so 20 to 1 would cost more. And mike evans is worth one first IMO

ausmurp

Starter
What if this is all a giant smoke screen by Kelly to ensure Mariotta is drafted before they pick which ensures a player in the top 18 not a QB falls to them lol? You're all saying his best fit is in college but what if he's pulling the biggest smoke screen in NFL draft history?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Pro style QB with good mobility, a great arm, college production, and excellent instincts/football IQ? Yea, that's should be a top 5 pick in any class...even with the character red flags.
Teddy Bridgewater?
Another decline in production for Winston would have easily dropped him out of the top 10 IMO

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Winston spent all day Wednesday with the bucs ownership and staff. Word out of Tampon is that everyone is in love with Jameis. His charisma and presence blew everyone away apparently.

I don't believe the bucs would trade their chance of getting Winston for anything. I don't blame them either.

Kelly may work a deal for the #2 pick... but I'll bet all my meaningless ROD dilores right now that Jameis goes #1 to Tampon with anyone who thinks otherwise.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Unless they think Foles is their guy

I know that anything is possible but if Foles was so good Kelly would just keep him and keep all of the picks that it would take to move up to get Mariota. I really don't buy that Nick Foles is a top QB or is looked at as one by any team. He is a middle of the pack QB and maybe that is good enough for some. I know that it has to be in a few cases, but every coach and GM in football has seen who makes the playoffs and who their QBs are. It is no secret that without a top QB you don't win in the playoffs and usually don't get to the playoffs.

We all know what Foles is and it is not a top ten caliber QB. Mariota may develop into one. So with such a high value on QBs wouldn't you take the one that still has the potential over the one that has shown not to be?