Eagles release Evan Mathis

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
"The Eagles just released Evan Mathis" -Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet)

"Evan Mathis was our top graded OG from 2011-13, and was 2nd last year in just 9 games. Best OG in the game now available. #OnYourMarks" -Pro Football Focus (@PFF)

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
If we can get him on the cheap he or Blalock should be in camp soon!

iced

Wish we could grab him - although no idea how much he's looking for.

Instantly would become our best lineman

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
"Thanks for the memories Philly." -Evan Mathis (@EvanMathis69)

lockdnram21

Legend
he wants to much money and our luck he comes in and regresses from last year. Also i like the youth movement

ram007

Starter
Rams will get this man. This OL is going to look better when training camp starts

ram007

Starter
i so hope your wrong

Rhaney and/or Jones as Guard? They are both backups. I can live with either one of them as Center not both. Please and let's not get started on Jamon Brown when contrasting his skill set with Evan Mathis

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, first opportunity to see what Snead and Fisher might do outside of the youth movement.

Get your popcorn! :popcorn:

Last edited:

lockdnram21

Legend
Rhaney and/or Jones as Guard? They are both backups. I can live with either one of them as Center not both. Please and let's not get started on Jamon Brown when contrasting his skill set with Evan Mathis
Evan Mathis at age 33 is only going to decline. Also i dont see him wanting to come here unless we over pay him. I think he goes to a team he feels is a contender.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Nick Foles is gonna bring him in. Need some veterans on this line and some competition on the inside.

iced

Mathis is a better fit in a ZBS. If we acquire him, I hope they pay him accordingly.

Which could be a good fit - impossible to know right now. We do know they are incorporating ZBS concepts into the offense and we've heard there are several changes - but there's a lot of stuff that Cig is apparently doing that aren't being released yet either.

I also think his presence would be a huge benefit to all the young linemen we drafted

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
HELL YES I WANT MATHIS. Best OG in the entire league. Even if he regresses a little bit, he's still an immediate upgrade and gives us a veteran presence for a year until Jamon Brown develops. Plus it'd put a veteran next to every rookie on the team.

Plus I hear he's really good friends with Foles. Let's bring him in.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
"Ex-Eagle Evan Mathis is still a real good player. Turns 34 in November, was due $5.5 million for 2015. We'll see if he can make that up." -Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer)

ram007

Starter
Evan Mathis at age 33 is only going to decline. Also i dont see him wanting to come here unless we over pay him. I think he goes to a team he feels is a contender.

I think overpaying a guy like Evan Mathis by $2 million/year is worth it given the state of this OL and in the interest of winning season. 2 year $10 million. $6 million guaranteed looks a deal to me. Can we expect Jamon Brown to play like Evan Mathis in 2015?

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
I think he'd like to go to a GOOD team. ;)