Eagles: Juggernaut, or Early-Bloomer?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
The Philadelphia Eagles are off to a great start. Can they sustain it, or is this just a sprint out of the gate that will fade in the stretch run?

You don’t have to go very far back to find an example of the latter scenario. In 2021, the Cardinals also started 6-0 (in fact, they were undefeated until week 8). They had an average margin in those games of 32.3-18.2 (even better than the Eagles’ 26.8-17.5). And we all know how things ultimately turned out for Kyler & Co.

The Eagles have had a bit of a charmed path. They have had a relatively easy schedule. They’ve also avoided the injury bug, with only 2 players on IR (by way of comparison, the Rams have 11).

I suppose, right now, I wouldn’t want to have to play the Eagles. I’m not quite convinced yet, though, that I’ll feel the same in January.

It’s a long season, and we’re barely out of Act I.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
I'm a big Hurts fan. So, I'd say they are the real deal. They could run the NFC. Not sure how they will fair against the AFC teams who can score quickly though.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Hurts is much improved. Their offensive line and run game are much improved. Adding AJ Brown looks like the final piece.

I doubt stopping their run game and forcing Hurts to beat you through the air is going to work like it can against the Niners. Hurts can sling it with accuracy. They have a very complete offense. Hurts ability to run makes it so much harder to defend. He’s also added a lot of muscle to his frame.

The Eagles accomplished what Shanahan was trying to do by trading for Lance.

I like seeing this happen though. When Siriani was hired many, including me, thought it was not a great hire. He’s really doing a great job.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I dunno. Their division and schedule can be deceiving. I'm gonna wait until they play some elite competition

Tano

Legend
Well they have beat

Detroit - um 1-5 team
Minnesota - 5-1 only lost to Eagles in second week - fairly strong team but they haven't play anyone either
Washington - pfft Detroit beat them
Jacksonville - 2-5
Arizona - lousy team which Philadelphia barely beat and we beat Arizona easily
Dallas - without Dak (who the Rams should have beaten if we had an offensive line)

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I haven’t watched the Eagles much this year, but they have been the most consistent team this year.

Just cruising their box scores… they haven’t really had a ton of game day adversity. They’ve been solid in every game.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Think the Eagles are legit.

One of the top-5 OLs in the NFL, three impact receivers in Brown, Smith and Goedert, depth at RB, an athletic QB that can extend plays and an offensive-minded head coach. On defense, they have DL-depth to rotate, three good pass rushers in Reddick, Graham and Sweat and as good a pair of starting-CBs as any team in the League, with Slay and Bradberry.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I think they are a legit good team, albeit not having had to play any other great teams (Vikings are solid). Also, they have avoided the injury bug that has derailed us a bit. Notice last year we avoided major injuries (for the most part) and won a Superbowl. You have to have a good team, yes. But you also have to have good injury luck to go far.

nighttrain

Legend
I think they are a legit good team, albeit not having had to play any other great teams (Vikings are solid). Also, they have avoided the injury bug that has derailed us a bit. Notice last year we avoided major injuries (for the most part) and won a Superbowl. You have to have a good team, yes. But you also have to have good injury luck to go far.
Luck counts!
train

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Hurts has done a good job I think but that OL is of the highest quality. And their defense is excellent. Eagles are for real. They're the standard right now in the NFC

Rams8821

Pro Bowler
They wont win a thing with Hurts....always did well in regular season in college and then failed in the playoffs. I expect the same...

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have watched the eagles 3 times and they have been good every time. Their defense is fast and plays hard. Rumor is they are looking at getting another edge rusher. A Brown is a stud, Vonta Smith is a lot better this year and Sanders is healthy and looks good. They have a decent TE and Hurts is a lot better this year.

TexasRam

Legend
Slay and Bradberry have been lights out. But they also have a crushing pass rush ensemble.

The Oline is finally healthy and assembled in to a top unit. Then you add Brown and the other WRs and it’s the best healthiest team in the NFL.

Hurts is the benefactor of a super talented and healthy team around him. To his credit he’s playing a safe brand of football and not forcing anything against bottom
Barrel teams. He’s never going to be a top QB that can carry a team and I doubt they stay injury free the rest of the season.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Hurts is definitely questionable to some extent, as far as whether he caps them on what they can do in the playoffs. But the strength of that OL buys him a lot of room for error.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
My gawd I wish we had their schedule. They have a real chance to go 17-0. Their schedule is an absolute joke.
Total pretender. They won't get exposed until the playoffs

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Iggles in the End.....

Nrt4eIh.gif

MrRiceGuyRJ

Let's Make the Rams Great Again
Name
RJ
I hate to say it, but I think the Eagles are legit. I haven't spotted any weaknesses in their game. They are probably the best team in the NFC. They do have a relatively easy schedule all season. And though I don't think they go undefeated, they're better than all the teams they face during the regular season. If they lose, likely because they beat themselves.