Eagles, eh...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Who would've thunk it, but I think our new, hard hitting secondary matches up with their WRs pretty well.

Their OL ain't that good, on the right side. Robert Quinn vs. Jason Peters is gonna be fun.

Hopefully the defense has improved by then and can limit the damage done by Lesean and Darren.

AZRamsFan93

Letting them back in the game didn't exactly help. A fumble then a pick in consecutive drives? Niether QBs impressed me very much tonight. Andrew Lucks needs to be way more consistent to be considered elite.
Yeah Foles and Luck suck.

Are you kidding me? I would do anything for the Rams to get either one of those QBs.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
So, they start slow and then bring on the pain once opposing defenses loosen up. On paper, it looks like we could get involved in a shootout with them. Hope our defense learns to nullify quick passes and the screen.

Alan

Legend
I think a win against the Eagles will require our offense to step up because I think it's going to require at least 24 pts to win.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
I think a win against the Eagles will require our offense to step up because I think it's going to require at least 24 pts to win.

Defensively, we need to have someone spy McCoy and Sproles the entire game, sniffing out the screens, and force Foles to throw it against our pass rush. Foles didn't look accurate tonight.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The Eagles up tempo offense wears the defenses out by the second half. The Rams need to keep the ball as long s they can but the way McCoy runs that will be tough to do.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Letting them back in the game didn't exactly help. A fumble then a pick in consecutive drives? Niether QBs impressed me very much tonight. Andrew Lucks needs to be way more consistent to be considered elite.
It amazed me he could play at all with Gruden hanging all over his dick.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wow, the Eagles for the 2nd week in a row looked dead in the 1st half then.....
Nice game by Sproles btw, he seemed to be preferred over Shady MCoy. Wonder if its because hes a better tipper?

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Lol wtf is the league trying to accomplish with these bullcrap calls? This is seriously turning into the NBA. Ever freaking play I'm looking for a flag.
It is the League's way of tell certain Teams " No worries we got your back!" NE, DALLAS, SF, SEATTLE, etc. etc.

Rams0307

Agree. Foles deep ball is horrendous. I feel like he tries to throw it as far as he can and hopes the WR can catch up. He looks better than his talent because the Eagles system is so taxing and unique. And Luck was annointed by ESPN before he ever took a snap. The guy is good but he's not elite. Going to the playoffs in the worst division in football isn't much of an accomplishment when you've played a cake schedule two years in a row. Let's see how the Colts fare when they play stiffer competition.

AZRamsFan93

It is the League's way of tell certain Teams " No worries we got your back!" NE, DALLAS, SF, SEATTLE, etc. etc.
You do realize that SF had almost 20 penalties accepted against them - at home in the first game of their new stadium?

I get weary of fans' persecution complex regarding the refs. Have they thrown too many flags and made bad calls? Yes! Is that a surprise after the preseason? No! Is it worse for the Rams than other teams? No.

AZRamsFan93

Agree. Foles deep ball is horrendous. I feel like he tries to throw it as far as he can and hopes the WR can catch up. He looks better than his talent because the Eagles system is so taxing and unique. And Luck was annointed by ESPN before he ever took a snap. The guy is good but he's not elite. Going to the playoffs in the worst division in football isn't much of an accomplishment when you've played a cake schedule two years in a row. Let's see how the Colts fare when they play stiffer competition.
I would like to see the Rams try a modern offense that is more "taxing and unique".

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
You do realize that SF had almost 20 penalties accepted against them - at home in the first game of their new stadium?

I get weary of fans' persecution complex regarding the refs. Have they thrown too many flags and made bad calls? Yes! Is that a surprise after the preseason? No! Is it worse for the Rams than other teams? No.
"I don't Care!" I just Hate the Teams I mentioned!!^

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I've been telling you guys Foles is the real deal.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I would like to see the Rams try a modern offense that is more "taxing and unique".
The no huddle is anything but modern or unique.

Either a team has the personnel to play it often or they don't. It is simply not the answer for this team and that has nothing to do with our offensive coordinator as we have seen a two minute no huddle offense before.

Finally, there is nothing creative about the no huddle, it actually implements fewer plays, focuses on execution, and of course does not include substitutions, which IMO negatively affects your ability to play call for personnel mismatches.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
we should be 3-1 after we play them

If things continue to improve and gel the Rams will have a shot anyway, a punchers chance so to speak. But let me tell you this Eagles team is for real on offense and decent on defense.

It's going to be a real test IMO.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah Foles and Luck suck.

Are you kidding me? I would do anything for the Rams to get either one of those QBs.

They're not QBs I pine after...yet at least. I'd love to have Luck because I think he's going to continue to develop into a very good/great QB. Foles...I'm not so sold on yet. People can quote me the stats all the way, I'm not sold the guy would look that good here. Did you see what Kirk Cousins did to the Jaguars secondary? That came a week after Foles turned the ball over 3 times in the first half IIRC. And while I know it's Manning, he absolutely shredded that Colts secondary.

I'm not so sure about Foles. Think he had a lot of things go his way last year and as teams start to get more tape on that offense, he's going to come back down to earth. But I could be wrong. Some on this board strongly disagree. However, my personal opinion is that Foles is a product more of his circumstances than ability...like Kaepernick. Except Foles is a better QB.

AZRamsFan93

The no huddle is anything but modern or unique.

Either a team has the personnel to play it often or they don't. It is simply not the answer for this team and that has nothing to do with our offensive coordinator as we have seen a two minute no huddle offense before.

Finally, there is nothing creative about the no huddle, it actually implements fewer plays, focuses on execution, and of course does not include substitutions, which IMO negatively affects your ability to play call for personnel mismatches.
You are certainly welcome to your opinion.

Chip Kelly's offense is unique in the NFL. It is also wildly successful. In 2013 they were the 2nd team in history to rush for 2500 yards and pass for 4000 yards. This season they are the #1 ranked offense through 2 weeks, and they are averaging 32 points a game.

While you may not think that it is modern and unique, I do, and I would love to have it on the Rams.