Eagles' Carson Wentz fires back at criticism over 'hunting buddy' dog

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Facebook is for the lonely and Twitter is where irrelevant people go to be relevant....And again the people who communicate about not judging are the first ones to judge...My God I like Wentz even more, but the backlash because he believes in God the Almighty & hunting might just be his undoing....Good for you Mr. Wentz, it's refreshing! Others....Stay in your lane!

I use FB for it's intent...keepin in touch with family and friends that are far away. But most people now use it as their soapbox and rant about politics - many times not knowing what the hell they are talking about.

Twitter is great for sports updates. Hell, it's a lot more useful than the legal team at PFT. Gets right to the point. And it's good for giveaways and winning prizes.

I don't like hunting...for me it's just fine to be out in the woods and enjoy nature the way it is. But I work with hunters and they don't bother me. I try to learn about it and keep an open mind but could never actually do it.

Maybe it's just the pic of a bunch of dead birds piled up neatly is disturbing to some. It is to me.

Human beings worst invention. Ever.

I find it fascinating, the stories, beliefs, the following. Religion isn't bad...humans are. I wish people would follow ROD rules and keep that to themselves and their circles. Rubbing your belief (whatever they may be) in other people's faces gets annoying.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Maybe it's just the pic of a bunch of dead birds piled up neatly is disturbing to some. It is to me.

I am not a hunter either but where I grew up seemingly everyone I knew hunted.

I can understand why that picture could be disturbing to some.

But then there is the whole other side of the spectrum in that being so proud of that dog.

I am a dog lover. My current dog is the smartest most loyal and loving dog. She shakes like it's frigid when Rams games are on because I am so intense. I love to show off her tricks. The best of all being able to find a rock (or really anything) in a "haystack". I show it to my friends all the time and they are always fascinated!

Having a dog that he probably grew up with, probably helped train to retrieve those birds, and a dog that is meant and bred for that purpose.

Makes the other end of that spectrum look like a very proud picture, rather than disturbing.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Different culture, that is not less than anyone else's. There is no layer of separation between the reality of killing animals for meat, unlike when most of us buy processed meat by the pound at the supermarket
There absolutely is a difference. Game animals have at least enjoyed some kind of a life. I tend to think my freezer full of hormone free and free range game meat is way more humane than one full of beef, pork, and chicken that wallows in shit and small pens.

I am not arguing with you Loyal. I got what you meant. I'm not against meat production by any means. I think there are some shitty producers that should be behind bars but most are just earning a living providing food for the masses. I just don't think people have a clue when they start talking about hunters killing animals. Is there sport involved? Certainly. But I practice and do my own loading and take the time to make sure I take my animal as humanely as possible. And I eat as much of it as I can get off the animal. Most of the hunters I know do about the same minus the hand loading.

If we're not playing the eagles, I have no hesitation applauding Wentz for being a real person and not one bit apologetic for being a hunter.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
This may be difficult for some, considering the topic, but be careful this thread doesn't go over the cliff and get locked due to an infusion of politics or religion. (y)
10_-Hold-for-one-more-breath.gif

Human beings worst invention. Ever.
Les, believe it or not, we agree. Humans took the simple relationship God wanted with His creation, and we added all kinds of extra bullcrap, to make it hypocritical, and dangerous. Jesus only scolded the "religious" Sadducees and Pharisees. He loved on us regular sinners.

And as I started really exploring my Lenape heritage, I really came to appreciate balance and honoring the spirit of the animals that were eaten.
Go back to Delaware, you dirty Lenape!!

but I am literally a coward
cowardly+lion.png

Guys, @LoyalRam is actually Bert Lahr!!

Especially in the northern climes with the removal of apex predators in the area like wolves, deer have become a deadly nuisance.

I mean ask anyone from Montana and the only thing more deadly than deer on the road is heart disease.

True up in the foothills of Norcal as well. They call them Mountain Rats.

Religion isn't bad...humans are
No one is worthy, not one.
-Romans 3:10

Rubbing your belief (whatever they may be) in other people's faces gets annoying.
Sometimes it's done in love.:unsure:....all that rubbing in.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I have no problem with hunting, as long as the kill is eaten afterwards. The volume of Canadian Geese in the pic seems excessive for a day's shoot in my opinion, nice looking retriever though.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I have no problem with hunting, as long as the kill is eaten afterwards. The volume of Canadian Geese in the pic seems excessive for a day's shoot in my opinion, nice looking retriever though.
I’m going to guess Carson wasn’t the only hunter taking the geese. You would generally have one or two good dogs for a hunting party.

And here in at least the west, those geese are so plentiful they are killing them off to try to get control of the population. Granted there are two species and the larger ones are the real problem but both are anything but endangered.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I’m going to guess Carson wasn’t the only hunter taking the geese. You would generally have one or two good dogs for a hunting party.

And here in at least the west, those geese are so plentiful they are killing them off to try to get control of the population. Granted there are two species and the larger ones are the real problem but both are anything but endangered.

No problem with the killing of animals, for food, I'm a big game lover, if this is a hunting party then I'm ok with it, but if this is just one guys kill - I have issues...