E.J. Gaines Playing with a Chip on His Shoulder

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Rams cornerback E.J. Gaines on his determination to prove he’s outplaying his draft grade and making a name for himself with the team. Steve Savard interviews the Rams rookie CB.

Watch Gaines Interview

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
I was surprised to see him fall the way he did on draft day and excited when we got him. Give me the player with a chip on the shoulder, driven by a need to prove something...the Tom Bradys, the Doug Fluties, the Arian Fosters of the world. Talent is only one facet of success and motivation cannot be taught.

FRO

Legend
No way this guy should have been a sixth round pick. When the pick was made some people complained that we picked another small CB. I said give me talent over size.

Donald and Gaines show that talent overrides size.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
EJ doesn't look small out there to me. Some players just get football.....he is one.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Unreal production from the 6th round rookie. May be the steal of the late rounds. I still think Donald will be the steak of the draft.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
After going through years of Tye Hill, Adam Carriker, Jason Smith, Mardy Gilyard, and Keenan Burton, Fisher and Snead gave me a reason not to be skeptical of their draft process anymore. They have an eye for talent and Snead knows when to trade up or down for them. Hope Gaines stays healthy throughout his career with the Rams.

JoeBo21

Hall of Fame
After going through years of Tye Hill, Adam Carriker, Jason Smith, Mardy Gilyard, and Keenan Burton, Fisher and Snead gave me a reason not to be skeptical of their draft process anymore. They have an eye for talent and Snead knows when to trade up or down for them. Hope Gaines stays healthy throughout his career with the Rams.

giphy.gif

Keenan Burton.. wow. forgot about him

man we sucked so hard at everything back then :ROFLMAO::cry:

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I'm glad he fell, gave us a great corner for the cheap

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I was surprised to see him fall the way he did on draft day and excited when we got him. Give me the player with a chip on the shoulder, driven by a need to prove something...the Tom Bradys, the Doug Fluties, the Arian Fosters of the world. Talent is only one facet of success and motivation cannot be taught.
I was surprised too! I thought we got lucky! I was right!!

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I wanted him in the 3rd, was massively surprised he lasted till the 6th. Was so happy the Rams nabbed him. In hindsight he shoulda been a 1st. Massive steal!!! Love the pick.