E.J. Gaines is leading all rookies in...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Passes defended at 14. I didn't filter all the way through the list, but the only other rookie I could find anywhere near the top was Bradley Roby with 11. Incidentally, Roby was Denver's 1st round pick. Gaines is currently tied with Darrelle Revis, Parish Cox, & Desmond Trufont.

I continue to be very impressed with Gaines. Outstanding value for a 6th round pick.

BTW, the other Rams that I saw on the list are:
Ogletree with 10
TJ Macdonald with 7
Quinn with 6
Trumaine Johnson with 5
Rodney McLeod with 5
Janoris Jenkins with 4
Mark Barron with 3 (Don't have the TB vs STL breakdown)
James Laurinaitis with 2
Lamarcus Joyner with 2

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
If EJ stays for a while, I'm getting this kids jersey. He's a baller. And he doesn't get burned deep like most rookies do. He looks like a 5 year pro out there.

RamBill

Legend
Rams cornerback E.J. Gaines joined Rams Playmakers to give his thoughts on the the consecutive shutouts, the confidence that it brings the team and how he has adjusted to the NFL level in his first season as a pro.

Listen to E.J. Gaines Interview

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Also, I've noticed Ogletree is batting down a lot of passes. But he must be doing pretty well in coverage then too right? 10 is a lot for a linebacker.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Love this pick a lot. Seems like a natural on the outside.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Also, I've noticed Ogletree is batting down a lot of passes. But he must be doing pretty well in coverage then too right? 10 is a lot for a linebacker.

Gotta give Ogletree props for realizing he won't get there on the blitz and making himself big to bat the ball down, for sure.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I thought I heard an announcer say those batted passes count as a pass defended

TexasRam

Legend
2 immediate impact pro bowl caliber rookies from the draft....

leading the #1 defense in the NFL (after this week)

That's how it's done Kids.

Good job Fish and Snead.

Big Willie

Starter
I loved the GRob, ADonald, TMason and EJ pics at the time and I still love them. The other pics I didn't know much about when the were selected. I kinda thought the EJ pick would be a steal, and so far he has been. I still think GRob will be a good pick in the long run too! EJ: great kid, quality defender, and despite his size, tackles well (not one of those dive at the lets tacklers). He shoots and wraps ala the throwback CBs.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Speaking of CBs and tackles, I think Jenkins is getting very, very good, especially for his size. Williams influence?

TGZ

Rookie
Name
Dylan
EJ Gaines would have a been a phenomenal 2nd round pick the way he's played.

The fact that we got him in the 6th is absurd.