E.J. Gaines Could Figure Prominently in CB Competition/Wagoner Video

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Gaines should not be competing at all, in my opinion. He's the only one who deserves to have a guaranteed starting spot in my mind.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
If he picks up where he left off he'll be the number one corner before the next season is done. Excellent player and an absolute steal

Athos

Legend
Far as I'm concerned, Gaines already has the spot. Most fundamentally sound DB on roster.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Gaines should not be competing at all, in my opinion. He's the only one who deserves to have a guaranteed starting spot in my mind.
Agreed. Gaines > Jenkins and in my mind it isn't close.....

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The guy played good last year but let's not jump the gun, he didn't cover the teams best receiver or number 1 target, and when he did he didn't play as well. I agree he is good and steady but I need more than 1 year before I say that

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Agreed. Gaines > Jenkins and in my mind it isn't close.....

Wow Jenkins is a game changer and Gaines is not, at least not yet, and it's not even close. Jenkins has shut down Dez Bryant, Larry Fitz, Odell Beckham. Jenkins has to improve his mental focus, and I mean recognizing double moves,

Athos

Legend
Wow Jenkins is a game changer and Gaines is not, at least not yet, and it's not even close. Jenkins has shut down Dez Bryant, Larry Fitz, Odell Beckham. Jenkins has to improve his mental focus, and I mean recognizing double moves,

When did ANYONE on the Rams shut-down Beckham? Odell tore the Rams a new asshole.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Jenkins changes games with his blown coverage as often as he does with good play. His tackling is also some of the worst I have seen. I watched him drop his head and blow way too many tackles that went for 1st downs last season alone. Infuriating. I will never understand how people can blame anyone and everyone else for Jenkins miscues. I get blown coverage, but if our safeties are that bad, they should not be in the NFL. "Oh, but Janoris is so fluid and flips his hips so well, blah blah blah". That's super, but the 80 TD against the Whiners (fucking Lloyd!!) with 20 seconds left in the fucking half about sealed it for me. Yeah yeah, I know....McLeods fault.....

Edit: Sorry @Dxmissile if that came off harsh against you, I just get frustrated with JJ...obviously.

Last edited:

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jenkins changes games with his blown coverage as often as he does with good play. His tackling is also some of the worst I have seen. I watched him drop his head and blow way too many tackles that went for 1st downs last season alone. Infuriating. I will never understand how people can blame anyone and everyone else for Jenkins miscues. I get blown coverage, but if our safeties are that bad, they should not be in the NFL. "Oh, but Janoris is so fluid and flips his hips so well, blah blah blah". That's super, but the 80 TD against the Whiners (freaking Lloyd!!) with 20 seconds left in the freaking half about sealed it for me. Yeah yeah, I know....McLeods fault.....

Edit: Sorry @Dxmissile if that came off harsh against you, I just get frustrated with JJ...obviously.
Lol no its fine, I just think a lot of with Jenkins you either like his style of play and you dont. Too many times people can live with his style when he quest right. My point is though Gaines at this point isn't capable of handling a Dez Bryant, Odell Beckham, Calvin Johnson, Jenkins is up against the teams very best receiver every sunday, Gaines hasn't done that yet, that Minnesota games Jenkins is the only reason Ap didn't run for 200 yards. He sut down Dez Bryant when he was guarding him even got a pick six, he shut down Odell Beckham when he guarded him, Odell did his damage against Gaines and Johnson, so no I don't think he is the best he has the potential to be the most consistent but until he shows me more I can't make that statement, he is though in my eyes on par with Johnson because neither is overly athletic they both rely on fundamentals so that's why the coaches view the situation the same as I he is competing with Johnson not Jenkins and that tells me they plan on resigning jenks

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
i still dont think hes our best cb. Gaines should be Nickle.

Nickel? Over fucking Jenkins? No way. Jenkins should be dealt after what he said about Hernandez.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When did ANYONE on the Rams shut-down Beckham? Odell tore the Rams a new arsehole.
Watch when Jenkins covered him he only caught like 1 ball, his damage came against Gaines and Johnson and when Barron misread the play that left him wide open

Memento

Name
Jemma

For Gaines? Hell yeah. He and McDonald are the only defensive backs who should keep their jobs.

DrLurkalot

UDFA
Name
Don
I wouldn't be shocked if they go CB with the number 10 pick. I'm hoping they trade down and draft OL early and often - just saying I wouldn't be surprised with a CB. I like Jenkins, Johnson, and Gaines, but this defense is a shutdown CB away from being the best defense in the NFL. Our top three are starter level, but not top tier. I don't know enough about the guys in the draft as to whether they can be that shutdown corner, but I'm sure Fisher and Snead are at least considering this route if they feel one is. Scary part is it seems like a lot of can't miss cb's from the draft over the years have missed.

Memento

Name
Jemma
I wouldn't be shocked if they go CB with the number 10 pick. I'm hoping they trade down and draft OL early and often - just saying I wouldn't be surprised with a CB. I like Jenkins, Johnson, and Gaines, but this defense is a shutdown CB away from being the best defense in the NFL. Our top three are starter level, but not top tier. I don't know enough about the guys in the draft as to whether they can be that shutdown corner, but I'm sure Fisher and Snead are at least considering this route if they feel one is. Scary part is it seems like a lot of can't miss cb's from the draft over the years have missed.

You're looking in the wrong draft if you want a Revis, Sherman, or Haden. Vernon Hargreaves III (Florida), Jalen Ramsey (FSU), and Wayne Lyons (Stanford) are all shutdown corners at the next level in 2016. There are more as well. You want a cornerback, you're going to find one in that draft.