E:60 Desean Jackson

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Also, wasn't Cig the OC for Cal when DJAX was there? Hopefully he can use Tavon in the way he did there. Maybe we should expect to see some deep routes coming Tavons way.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Tedford hired Cigs in Jan of 2008, right before Jackson was drafted.

But I do think we should expect to see some deep routes coming Tavon's way! (y)

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
LB Poly is a hot-bed of talent out here...They had such a wealth of talent in the pop-warner levels, that the infamous Snoop Dog created his own league....
Great story how a father can basically will his son to success. It's why now, as a coach, I rarely get involved in how a parent pushes his/her child, cause you never know what works.. D-Jax dad was right, Tedford was an idiot, but he sure could recruit. Think he also found A. Rodgers...

jap

Legend
What an awful dad, pushing his little kid like that! Who does he think he is? Richard Williams!?!

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I believe that LA based Cancer Hospital they showed was the Norris Cancer Center at USC. That's the same hospital my dad was admitted to 30yrs earlier. It's one of the best in the country, and generally where the really tough-to-treat cancer patients are sent. Sad, very sad for DeSean. That's a rough road to go thru, and he was about the same age as I was at the time.

lockdnram21

Legend
What an awful dad, pushing his little kid like that! Who does he think he is? Richard Williams!?!
He was just trying to keep his son out the streets and do somthing positive. It worked well wish my dad would have pushed me like that in baseball. If so i would probaly be rich

jap

Legend
He was just trying to keep his son out the streets and do something positive. It worked well wish my dad would have pushed me like that in baseball. If so i would probably be rich

I was sarcastically joking, lockdnram. Richard Williams pushed his two little girls, Venus and Serena, into tennis at early ages. They are now the two biggest names in tennis, male or female, and have been so for over a decade. Given all the drama with many tennis players, their father Richard who was once called the "worst parent in tennis" has in reality done far better than virtually any other parent. So comparing DeSean's dad to Richard was a compliment.