Rams sign QB Dylan Thompson

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I wonder how high he goes in the draft? He looks pretty good. Good size, nice arm. Second or third rounder?

fearsomefour

Legend
They rank guys to be drafted I think, juniors or seniors....I might be wrong. Just because they dont have him rated at this point doesnt mean he wont be good. He has a knack of throwing pics sometimes.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/06/06/rams-sign-qb-dylan-thompson/

Rams sign QB Dylan Thompson
Posted by Zac Jackson on June 6, 2016

498319146.jpg
Getty Images

The Rams signed quarterback Dylan Thompson Monday, adding depth to their quarterback room with Nick Foles staying away from the team during organized team activity (OTA) practices.

Thompson broke into the league as an undrafted rookie last year with the 49ers and was promoted from the practice squad when Colin Kaepernick was injured last November. Thompson was cut by the 49ers last month after theyadded Thad Lewis in free agency and drafted Jeff Driskel.

The Rams need a practice arm for now, and with Foles eventually leaving via release or trade seeming like a certainty, Thompson will have a chance to make an impression and earn a shot to stick around.

Rams Quarterbacks Coach Chris Weinke trained Thompson during the 2015 pre-draft period.