Dylan Moses, 8th Grade RB

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDf65ED83HY[/youtube]

Texas has offered a football scholarship to an 8th grader.

Crazy thing is, Texas isn't even crazy. According to the Dallas Morning News, Alabama and LSU have offered football scholarships to Dylan Moses, a running back from Baton Rouge, La., who will graduate from high school in 2017.

"The Texas long horns just offered me today," Moses wrote on Twitter Wednesday.

Moses got the LSU and Alabama offers last summer and made headlines for it, but since then just about everybody else has gotten in on it. Ole Miss, Florida State, UCLA, Nebraska. You name it.

This is not unprecedented in college football, but it is the first time Texas has offered a middle-schooler.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/fox-sports-networks/story/Texas-offers-scholarship-to-8th-grader?blockID=900779&feedID=3742" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/fox-s ... eedID=3742</a>

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
As much as they run out of the shotgun,I wouldn't risk handoffs.
That said:
The shiver he gives the midget they replayed ,IMO it's kinda sad they let a guy who has that sort of physicality whoop up on what are clearly pre pubescent children.
Chronological age vs. biological age that was truly a man playing against a boy,where's the sport in that ?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Thordaddy said:
As much as they run out of the shotgun,I wouldn't risk handoffs.
That said:
The shiver he gives the midget they replayed ,IMO it's kinda sad they let a guy who has that sort of physicality whoop up on what are clearly pre pubescent children.
Chronological age vs. biological age that was truly a man playing against a boy,where's the sport in that ?

There was a guy I went to school with that in 8th grade had a full beard and stache. He wasn't a jock or anything though he could have been I guess. His nickname was PH....prematurely hairy.....he was one of those guys who looked like he had a sweater on when we played shirts v. skins in the gym. I think he was the actual real life missing link between man and ape. He had dark hair and very pale skin so it really, really stood out. It was kinda creepy and gross.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Dude still has a lot of growing to do.
If he keeps filling out and sprouting up, he could be the next Earl Campbell

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
The Dude said:
Dude still has a lot of growing to do.
If he keeps filling out and sprouting up, he could be the next Earl Campbell
Maybe,I had a kid who I coached took second in state his 8th grade year at 175,his senior year his bottom certifiable weight was still 170 and he was a weightlifting machine.
Also had a kid that started the same year with him who wrestled 103 his freshman year ,is now two to three inches taller than the other kid and projects to go about three more inches.
What was that kids name who won the Little league world series Danny sumpin er other ,then couldn't make his HS team?

The kid in the vid all things being equal may end up 6ft 8" never know he could be the next Bubba Smith.
Still he doesn't belong on a field with children, aught to be playing up, you'd think a middle school governing body would have limits like RB no bigger than 150- 170 lbs or something.
Wouldn't be surprised if he's already ended a few careers.
I had a 180 pound six grader who was the fastest kid on my team one year, rules made me play him on the line.

At that age, who cares who wins ,aint goin in a record book that means anything,keep it safe.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I coached a kid in youth football...and he is a friend of my son's, that was 6' in 8th grade. Faster than nayone on the gridiron. Could dunk a basketball, and was great in track. But his body seemed to develope quickly, then level out. His football days ended by his Soph. yr in H.S., because he would keep getting injuries to shoulders and hamstrings. He kept playing BB and track and excelled at both. He is currently on the ASU track team as a TJ'er. Almost made the last olympic team. But my point is, I have seen a few "middle school freaks" that by the middle of H.S careers, their bodies leveled out and everyone else caught up to them in a lot of ways. And two of them ... Jovon being one of them, had to quit football because their bodies started breaking down.

Not saying it will def happen to this kid ... but it also could.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ehhhh. If he keeps growing, he'll probably grow out of the HB position and if he doesn't keep growing other players will catch up to him. Clowney played HB in High School as well as DE. Man among boys.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Call me back in a couple of years and see if he is still dominant when some other kids start catching up and ringing his bell.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm just amazed at all the offers he’s receiving in middle school lmao

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
jrry32 said:
Ehhhh. If he keeps growing, he'll probably grow out of the HB position and if he doesn't keep growing other players will catch up to him. Clowney played HB in High School as well as DE. Man among boys.
That's what I was thinking too. If he grows more he can end up being an elite DE. But maybe he get's to high school and he stops growing. Who knows.

fearsomefour

Legend
Nice PR move, nothing more.

They know most of these kids that hit puberty early become average as they age. If he continues to grow maybe he is a FB or a TE.

Hopefully this kid has a good family or he could certainly turn into an entitled D-bag supreme.