DX sure is lookin good

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
If only he could have been healthy during camp. He is lookin pretty damn good for SD. As SW said during the game talent has never been a question with DX only his durability, but SD doesnt seem concerned, he is in on almost every play, targeted on many.

GcBean

Rookie
Name
Gil
This is a tough one to swallow. Huge fan of the guy, and I wish he could have done this for the Rams. However, I know it was probably the best move for the Rams to release him. I still cheer for him and I wish him the best. I just wish he was doing it in a Rams uniform.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yep. I'd take him over Steve Smith at this point. But, that's not our decision to make. If DX maintains his health for the rest of the year, then it'll be a miracle. We all knew he had the talent -- it was his ability to stay on the field that was always in question.

But still... he'd be a helluva part-time receiver.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
My question is... why does it always seem that when players leave the RAMS, they begin to breakout? :fk:

bluecoconuts

Legend
X said:
Yep. I'd take him over Steve Smith at this point. But, that's not our decision to make. If DX maintains his health for the rest of the year, then it'll be a miracle. We all knew he had the talent -- it was his ability to stay on the field that was always in question.

But still... he'd be a helluva part-time receiver.

Yep. I feel if we had better options we would have kept him. He's a luxury, and the risk outweighed the reward for us.

Of course I didn't expect Smith to end up struggling to get on the field.. So it stings a little more. It is what it is though.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
MontanaRamsFan said:
My question is... why does it always seem that when players leave the RAMS, they begin to breakout? :fk:

every man and his dog knew dax was the best wr on the team. for some reason the coaching staff thought he wasn't worth the trouble. their loss and, unfortunately, ours as well.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
kurtfaulk said:
MontanaRamsFan said:

every man and his dog knew dax was the best wr on the team. for some reason the coaching staff thought he wasn't worth the trouble. their loss and, unfortunately, ours as well.

I'm not second guessing the coaching staff in any way, I hope he gets AllPro honors and stays in the league long enough to get a pension.
OUR BEST rec. on the team is a guy the Cowboys gave up on DA and even if we'd kept DX DA would STILL have been our best, DX won't ever be able to play the number of downs Amendola could.

There are plenty of guys we've dumped who NEVER caught on again, every team has a star here and there they gave up on ,think some GB fans weren't gnashing teeth over giving up on Kurt Warner, Nawlins fans over Bulger?,it's the roster limits sometimes you make decisions that were sound at the time that eventuate differently.

I'd also bet there are SD fans who would rather Vincent Jackson was there and we still HAD DX

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
The only guy I wish we would've held onto longer is Avery. But with Givens now emerging, I am not missing Avery's speed. Oh, wait... Salas too. I don't like Gibson, or Steve Smith.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
MontanaRamsFan said:

As perennial basement dwellers, it's been the teams MO to buy low and hope it pans out for cheap, as big names are reluctant to come here. So you bring in a Laurent Robinson who has raw talent, but injury trouble had all but kept him of the field. Bring him in cheap, hope it pans out, he flashes, goes down. Onto the next one. It's a perpetuating cycle until they get it straight. I'm sure that when Steve Smith gets bounced after this season he'll have a respectable season elsewhere next year.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
kurtfaulk said:
MontanaRamsFan said:

They really didn't get a chance to see him play. He was hurt all offseason, and had numerous injuries in the past. I can understand them cutting him given those conditions. It's just unfortunate. If the kid can stay healthy he has all of the athletic ability in the world. I'm a Mizzou grad so I admit I'm a bit biased, but I wish he could have stayed healthy here, I think he and Sam could have been a great tandem.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
brokeu91 said:
kurtfaulk said:
MontanaRamsFan said:

They really didn't get a chance to see him play. He was hurt all offseason, and had numerous injuries in the past. I can understand them cutting him given those conditions. It's just unfortunate. If the kid can stay healthy he has all of the athletic ability in the world. I'm a Mizzou grad so I admit I'm a bit biased, but I wish he could have stayed healthy here, I think he and Sam could have been a great tandem.
Big DX fan, but given the circumstances...I'd have let him go. Anyone that wouldn't have is a hypocrite.