Dwight Howard to the Lakers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Finally, Dwight Howard is being traded.

A complex four-team trade that sends Dwight Howard to the Lakers and Andre Iguodala to the Nuggets and involves the 76ers and Magic has been approved in principle by the teams and will go to the league for formal approval on Friday, reports Marc Stein of ESPN.

Full Article: http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/ ... ard-trade/

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
This has to make the Lakers to favorite to win it all. I'm not that big of an NBA fan, but I'll tell you this, I'll root for anyone to beat the Miami Heat. So go Lakers (and 28 other teams)

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Good FUCKING Riddance Mother-Fucker.

And just so you Taker Fans know,,, Dwightmare Coward made it very clear last year that he did NOT want to go to the Takers (HE wants to be the "Center-Piece" of the team he plays for next,,, that would not happen for him in LA).

Enjoy.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Theres gonna be a ton of pressure on Mike Brown now. Its gonna be interesting to see how he handles this team. Im still not fully convinced LA can overtake OKC tho. Im assuming they will be the consesus picks for the western conference finals, but folks need to remember that its gonna take time for this new Lakers starting lineup to mesh and develop a good chemistry. How funny/frustrating would it be he plays 1 season there, and then doesnt resign? As a person who doesnt care for the Lakers (disliked them during my childhood) I would love to see that happen, and then him and CP3 team up on some other team. :bign:

I like this deal for Denver. Iggy is a great fit for their style of play, and they desperately needed help on defense. They did give up a lot, but I still think it will work out for them.

Im really not sure how Bynum will mesh with Phillys young roster, but they have a good coach, and im sure they will have no problem getting him the ball a lot to keep him happy. Its gonna be fascinating to see how the other teams in the Eastern conference deal with Bynum now.

I think Orlando could have gotten a better deal. Afflalo and Harrington are decent players, they get a backup center, draft picks, and I have no idea what to expect from Moe Harkless. There was no way they could have gotten equal value in return for Howard, or even close to that because they couldnt just trade him anywhere, he had preferred destinations. Players have so much control in these situations because other teams fear that they may not be there long-term, so it becomes a game of poker and you have to decide if they are bluffing or not.

Im just glad this whole thing is over....for now :sly: .

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKd6Fk8slns[/youtube]

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Mike and Mike with Magic Johnson
ttp://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=8255012

[rp3]http://cdn16.castfire.com/audio/303/2117/7825/1107428/audiomikeandmike_2012-08-10-094228-6701-0-0-0.48.mp3[/rp3]

ESPN NBA analyst Magic Johnson dishes on whether the addition of Dwight Howard makes the Lakers the team to beat, Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash, Andrew Bynum and more.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I'm a lifetime Laker fan, and a huge Bynum fan, despite his immaturity at times. I think Howard is overrated, and he will be very frustrated when he doesn't get the calls he was accustomed to in Orlando.

I do agree that with Nash running the show that Howard, the better athlete, may be a better fit.

People forget that the Lakers gave the Thunder 2 games last year in that series. They should go deep into the playoffs despite the horrific coaching from Mike Brown.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
DR RAM said:
I'm a lifetime Laker fan, and a huge Bynum fan, despite his immaturity at times. I think Howard is overrated, and he will be very frustrated when he doesn't get the calls he was accustomed to in Orlando.

I do agree that with Nash running the show that Howard, the better athlete, may be a better fit.

People forget that the Lakers gave the Thunder 2 games last year in that series. They should go deep into the playoffs despite the horrific coaching from Mike Brown.

YEAH THAT!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Ramhusker said:
DR RAM said:

YEAH THAT!

I'm sorry but this guy reminds me of the Dell Harris (sp?) days. As a life long Laker fan, Howard doesn't really excite me much. Reminds me of when the Lakers fielded that "dream team" with Malone and Payton. Even Jackson couldn't coach that mess to a championship. You think Mike Brown can coach ANYONE to a championship? I don't. Sorry but who the eff thought THAT was a good move? Somebody wake Mr. Brown... a trade has been made. :amped:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
RamFan503 said:
Ramhusker said:
DR RAM said:

YEAH THAT!

I'm sorry but this guy reminds me of the Dell Harris (sp?) days. As a life long Laker fan, Howard doesn't really excite me much. Reminds me of when the Lakers fielded that "dream team" with Malone and Payton. Even Jackson couldn't coach that mess to a championship. You think Mike Brown can coach ANYONE to a championship? I don't. Sorry but who the eff thought THAT was a good move? Somebody wake Mr. Brown... a trade has been made. :amped:
Come on, Malone and Peyton were done.

I don't think Mike Brown can, and that's why I dissed him, but I think I heard that they hired a new offensive coach. I dont remember who though.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
DR RAM said:

How would you overrate him? Offensively? He has an unpolished post-game and is not a good FT shooter. Hes a stud on defense.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
JdashSTL said:
DR RAM said:

How would you overrate him? Offensively? He has an unpolished post-game and is not a good FT shooter. Hes a stud on defense.
You nailed it exactly, all points. I don't think of incomplete players as MVP type players. Not that he's not good...He's a good player, just a little overrated.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
DR RAM said:
RamFan503 said:
Ramhusker said:
DR RAM said:

YEAH THAT!

I don't think Mike Brown can, and that's why I dissed him, but I think I heard that they hired a new offensive coach. I dont remember who though.

Eddie Jordan. He is an alleged guru of the "Princeton Offense". He was an assistant when the Nets made consecutive Finals appearances and his offense (and an in-his-prime JKidd) was the main reason for that. I'm guessing M Brown and the Laker brass are aware of the fact that pounding the ball for 20 seconds and having Kobe go ISO and jack up a contested fadeaway-triple-pump 22 footer ain't gonna get it done. Hence Steve Nash and the new offensive scheme. We shall see, my friend.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Steve Nash and Gasol will work the pick and roll to perfection. Nash's leadership will help this team immensely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
PressureD41 said:
Steve Nash and Gasol will work the pick and roll to perfection. Nash's leadership will help this team immensely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure hope you're right. It's one reason I think Nash is the bigger pick up. If he still has gas in the tank - which I believe he does - he is IMO the X factor.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
raised_fisT said:
DR RAM said:
RamFan503 said:
Ramhusker said:
DR RAM said:

YEAH THAT!

Eddie Jordan. He is an alleged guru of the "Princeton Offense". He was an assistant when the Nets made consecutive Finals appearances and his offense (and an in-his-prime JKidd) was the main reason for that. I'm guessing M Brown and the Laker brass are aware of the fact that pounding the ball for 20 seconds and having Kobe go ISO and jack up a contested fadeaway-triple-pump 22 footer ain't gonna get it done. Hence Steve Nash and the new offensive scheme. We shall see, my friend.
Lot's of movement, back picks, and back door plays. I remember now, Eddie Jordan. Well, let's see how he does.