Dwight Freeney cut by Seahawks and claimed by the Lions

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/11/22/lions-claim-dwight-freeney/

Lions claim Dwight Freeney
Posted by Josh Alper on November 22, 2017

Defensive end Dwight Freeney lost his job with the Seahawks on Tuesday, but another playoff contender in the NFC would like to add him to their defensive line.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Freeney has been claimed off of waivers by the Lions. The move would give the Lions another player to use rushing the passer, something that Freeney showed he could still do by recording three sacks in four games with the Seahawks.

The move also reunites Freeney with Lions head coach Jim Caldwell, who was the Colts’ offensive coordinator and head coach for some of Freeney’s tenure in Indianapolis. Their relationship started when Caldwell was the head coach at Wake Forest trying to recruit Freeney, who ultimately opted to go to Syracuse.

“Jim is a great guy,” Freeney said, via the Detroit News. “He’s calm, cool and collected. He knows how to motivate a team. He understands the team very well and it’s no surprise to me how he turned that Detroit franchise around. It’s only a matter of time with Jim.”

Unless he decides he doesn’t want to continue playing, it looks like Freeney will get another chance to experience Caldwell’s motivational skills over the final weeks of the season.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
It was 5 after the arthroscopic knee surgery I was referring to the time he had his knee scoped mid week my bad I should've clarified
What's the difference between arthroscopic knee surgery and having your knee scoped?

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I was a lot surprised when they signed him
him, but he did have 3 sacks in 4 games...I'm a little urprised that they cut him...Wonder who they have that would be better depth, even if he wasn't gong to start ??

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I've been looking for things to make me feel better about the next few weeks..One seemingly insignificant thing came to me...I read that Garoppalo will start against the Hags...not any film of him except with Belicheat...He be in a different system, which might be tough for him...It also means that the Hags will have nothing to help figure him out...VERY long shot, but a big upset would be another mail in the Hags coffin, maybe the last one..As pessimistic as I sound about the Saints and Eagles, I feel almost totally optimistic about running the division and Titans to assure the Rams of the West title...Of course I can be guilty of knee jerk reactions at times, so I'm trying to temper my thoughts on both sides of being too up or too down...

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
the first is surgery, the latter is a look-see
train
Nope

It's the same thing

The Doc uses a scope...camera in a tube that they run through a small incision and then using tiny cutting tool to trim away the torn cartilage, while he watches it on TV.

Not as invasive.

Had two scopes (arthroscopic) on meniscus tears in my left knee.

Crutches for 2-3 days...stitches for a week; plastic bag over the knee for showers.

Stationary bike in 2 weeks.

At age 52

I don't run anymore...elliptical for cardio.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/11/23/no-dwight-freeney-for-detroit-on-thursday/

No Dwight Freeney for Detroit on Thursday
Posted by Mike Florio on November 23, 2017

ap_17326808972969-e1511447605285.jpg

AP

For most players who play on Thursdays, they get at least 96 hours between the end of one game and the start of another. For new Lions defensive end Dwight Freeney, the gap between the end of one game and the start of the next game would have been much shorter.

Freeney’s most recent team, the Seahawks, finished its most recent game at 11:49 p.m. ET on Monday. The next game for his new team begins less than 61 hours later.

Perhaps it’s for that reason that Freeney won’t play on Thursday. That’s what coach Jim Caldwell told Stacey Dales of NFL Network on Thursday morning.

So Freeney’s Detroit debut will come no earlier than Week 13, when the Lions play the Ravens in Baltimore.

The fact that the Lions are expected to get defensive end Ziggy Ansah back on Thursday diminishes the need for Freeney.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
Is this like a knock knock joke? Ok. I give.
the first is surgery, the latter is a look-see
train
Back in the day, I heard the same terminology used by different doctors but meaning the same. I had my knee "scoped" by one doc who was cleaning up and repairing meniscus tears. Another doc "scoped" my shoulder to do a subacromial decompression. The third used the arthroscopic surgery term when going into my shoulder again cleaning up scar tissue and some other damage.
These days, with the incredible MRI technology available, I wouldn't think there would be much need to poke some instruments into somebody just to look around.