Dwayne Bowe Arrested

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Were does it say hes driving high?
It doesn't. And he probably wasn't. When you're high, you go BELOW the speed limit.
paranoid.gif

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Nice Thordaddy!! that was the first scene I thought of, then the two I posted, haha.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
It doesn't. And he probably wasn't. When you're high, you go BELOW the speed limit.
paranoid.gif

Ok good. Had to re-read it to make sure I wasn't crazy.

Or at least you think/feel your driving the speed limit.:heh:

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Yup back in the day I had to keep looking at the speedometer to make sure I was doing the minimum :roflmao:

Did I mention I'm going to Colorado for Thanksgiving :bigup:

moklerman

Warner-phile
It isn't whether or not it "should" be legal, it's that it "is" illegal. Stupid to have it, stupid to use it, stupid to be caught with it.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
It isn't whether or not it "should" be legal, it's that it "is" illegal. [hl]Stupid to have it, stupid to use it[/hl], stupid to be caught with it.
1355.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
It isn't whether or not it "should" be legal, it's that it "is" illegal. Stupid to have it, stupid to use it, stupid to be caught with it.
Don't disagree there mok, but there is nothing inherently illegal about being stupid if there was who would be the guards when the "stupid people" were all put in jail.
And as long as were talking stupid which is more stupid ,putting people in jail for being stupid or smoking pot?

FWIW I'd say this thread is really about the lack of outrage most of us feel and that were tired of seeing young people being persecuted ( and in the end that's what this law amounts to) their reputations soiled and being legally compromised in their employment because the law is more stupid than them .

I have always framed it that way for my kids, doesn't stop them from doing what they are going to do, but it does make them respect my opinion cuz they don't see it based in hypocrisy , how do I turn these damned Italics off? OK got it:bigup:

moklerman

Warner-phile
Oh, I'm sorry. Do you disapprove of that too?

thedude.gif
Too? Are you saying you approve of what Bowe did? I know there's a crusade by those who smoke pot to marginalize it's use and effects and they may be right but as of right now, it's illegal. Bowe knew it and still risked getting caught. How is that smart in any way? Lebowski's got nothing to lose by sitting around and getting high. If I was a Chiefs fan I wouldn't be too pleased to find out the guy that got the huge contract and has been underperforming is enhancing his game by getting high and getting arrested.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Don't disagree there mok, but there is nothing inherently illegal about being stupid if there was who would be the guards when the "stupid people" were all put in jail.
And as long as were talking stupid which is more stupid ,putting people in jail for being stupid or smoking pot?

FWIW I'd say this thread is really about the lack of outrage most of us feel and that were tired of seeing young people being persecuted ( and in the end that's what this law amounts to) their reputations soiled and being legally compromised in their employment because the law is more stupid than them .

I have always framed it that way for my kids, doesn't stop them from doing what they are going to do, but it does make them respect my opinion cuz they don't see it based in hypocrisy , how do I turn these damned Italics off? OK got it:bigup:
Who's saying stupid people should be put in jail?

One may not agree with the rules(laws) but if they are aware of them then there's no excuse. I've never been one to drink or smoke or anything else so I've never cared much about those laws but I don't think it's persecution by lawmakers to oppress young people. It's not like young people need any help in making mistakes so putting age restrictions on alcohol, cigarettes and drugs doesn't seem outrageous to me.

Pot may not be the devil as extremists would have you believe but it does impair you. And impaired faculties are what my whole point is. Bowe, among many other athletes, have shown a distinct lack of judgment by risking what they've got to get high. I don't think any rational person would defend those actions.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
moklerman said:
Too? Are you saying you approve of what Bowe did? [
Nope. I said you disapproved of people using and possessing it. Cuz thats what you said.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Nope. I said you disapproved of people using and possessing it. Cuz thats what you said.
Actually, I said it was stupid. Whether or not I approve is immaterial. If you have a green card or whatever they're called, it isn't stupid. I don't believe they have allowances in most of the country for pot use like they do in California but I'm not sure. Drinking when you're under 21 is stupid. Smoking when you're under 18 is stupid.

Is it a thrill to do something against the law? I think that has a lot to do with why these things are done. I've done plenty of stupid things myself. But I've never had as much on the line as pro athletes do. Granted, Bowe isn't as bad as Justin Blackmon at this point but they're in the same boat. Why anyone risks getting arrested for pot is beyond me but athletes with careers and millions of dollars on the line take it to a new level.