Dwayne Bowe Arrested

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...-bowe-arrested-on-speeding-possession-charges

Dwayne Bowe was arrested shortly before midnight on Sunday on charges of speeding and possession of a controlled substance.

The Chiefs were on their bye week when Riverside, Mo. police pulled over the receiver for speeding.

A news release published Tuesday by the Riverside Department of Public Safety stated that after pulling Bowe over for driving 48 mph in a 35 mph zone, police detected a strong odor of marijuana coming from inside the car:

0ap2000000280729.jpg

"The officer then requested the driver and two passengers to get out of the vehicle. Once out of the vehicle the Officer explained to the driver, who owned the vehicle, that he was a K-9 Officer and that the dog would alert to an illegal substance. Subsequently, inside of a black bag the officer discovered the wallet of the driver and vehicle owner, Dwayne L. Bowe, and two containers that had 6.6 grams and 3.8 grams respectively of what is believed to be marijuana in them. Bowe was then placed under arrest for the possession of a controlled substance. The K-9 alerted to a black backpack and inside of that was found a container that had 4.2 grams of what is believed to be marijuana in it."

Bowe was transported to the Riverside Police Department and booked for speeding and possession of a controlled substance. He was released on a $750 bond with a court date of Dec. 18.

NFL Media's Albert Breer reports that the Chiefs were aware of the situation prior to Tuesday and are handling it internally. He did not obtain a comment from the team.

Bowe was suspended in 2009 for violating the NFL's policy on performance enhancing substances, which differs from the substance-abuse violation he could face after Sunday's arrest.

The undefeated Chiefs take on the Denver Broncos Sunday night.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Is pot so good that you can't put it off until your professional sports career is over? I could go 10 years without ANYTHING for the tens of millions of dollars these guys try to throw away.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Is pot so good that you can't put it off until your professional sports career is over? I could go 10 years without ANYTHING for the tens of millions of dollars these guys try to throw away.
OTOH is pot so bad you need the government to save you from it ?
He is BTW playing in a state this coming Sunday where his greatest offense would be speeding dontcha know?

IMO any government that thinks it can save you from you, is one you need to be saved from and when it professes to be the DEFENDER of freedom just SLAYS ME.
Freedom is the ability to make choices "good" and "bad".

V3

Hall of Fame

I definitely agree with this but it's beyond stupid that it's illegal. Alcohol is MUCH worse and it's legal. Most people are starting to realize this and it's only a matter of time before it's legal just about everywhere. At what point does the NFL start allowing players to use it? What about players that live in states that already say it's legal to use? It's not performance enhancing so they really shouldn't be so worried about it. If there's anything that makes me mad, it's that he was driving while allegedly using it.

But in the meantime, yeah, Bowe is an idiot

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
I put the brakes on 3 decades ago but geez I was sure a lot better at hiding my weed than these guys are.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I definitely agree with this but it's beyond stupid that it's illegal. Alcohol is MUCH worse and it's legal. Most people are starting to realize this and it's only a matter of time before it's legal just about everywhere. At what point does the NFL start allowing players to use it? What about players that live in states that already say it's legal to use? It's not performance enhancing so they really shouldn't be so worried about it. If there's anything that makes me mad, it's that he was driving while allegedly using it.

And that's why it causes problems. If I was a boss and saw one of my employees toked up and driving, I don't want him around.

It's also illegal to drive under the influence of alcohol. No one argues about that, and I don't think weed should be an exception. Both impair you.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Well, I think Pot should be legal. I think 48 in a 35 isn't speeding very much.(Of course, location, location, location) I think Pot is not as bad to society as Booze but..............I don't disagree that you should not be driving while doing either. What puzzles me the most about this case other than how bone-headed pro athletes can be is how do you get a speeding ticket when stoned????? I mean I used to drive like granny when I was stoned. Possibly screwing your career up over what is essentially a dime bag???? :disappoint::slap::yousure::cray:

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook

Disagree... pot makes me paranoid and I start wanting to kill people with my concrete block arms. So I support it remaining illegal without a prescription.

SUSPEND HIM!! He's a doper! Let's go Broncos! I strongly dislike the Chiefs.

V3

Hall of Fame
And that's why it causes problems. If I was a boss and saw one of my employees toked up and driving, I don't want him around.

It's also illegal to drive under the influence of alcohol. No one argues about that, and I don't think weed should be an exception. Both impair you.

I agree. I get pissed whenever I hear about people driving while high- and I support it being legal. The thing is, we don't know if he was high at the time. That's why I put "allegedly". He might have smoked it earlier, let it wear off, and then drove. It just mentions he had possession and that he smelled like it.

Either way, he's an idiot. And if he was high and it was proven, if I were the Chiefs, I'd be trying to get out of that contract of his.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
aw, it was a victimless crime. it's damn unamerican and against everything the founders represented. leave the kid alone.

but alas, we've all been brainwashed to condemn this stuff and to allow the politicians to penalize us for things that don't impact anyone elses liberties.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Disagree... pot makes me paranoid and I start wanting to kill people with my concrete block arms. So I support it remaining illegal without a prescription.

SUSPEND HIM!! He's a doper! Let's go Broncos! I strongly dislike the Chiefs.

What the... :peek:

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
OTOH is pot so bad you need the government to save you from it ?
He is BTW playing in a state this coming Sunday where his greatest offense would be speeding dontcha know?

IMO any government that thinks it can save you from you, is one you need to be saved from and when it professes to be the DEFENDER of freedom just SLAYS ME.
Freedom is the ability to make choices "good" and "bad".

This! :bigup:

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame

Were does it say hes driving high?