Dunbar

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamzFanz

Damnit
RamFan503 said:
RamzFanz said:
A55VA6 said:
He doesn't have to be on a roster to serve suspension. This week is the last week he'll have to miss. I hope we bring him back. He brings fire to this defense.

Wait, 5 games, no?

Thought it was 4.

I just went and drafted him in my FF league. Sleeper spot. Thanks for the correction.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
As for asking Jo-Lonn back, I don't know about that much. I'm hesitant. There has to be a reason why we cut him, remember Pead got caught for substance abuse and suspended too, but he didn't get cut. I know there's scads of difference between PED usage and having a little of the blow, but still it shows Fisher isn't dropping the ban hammer on anybody who shirks the rules.

There's also got to be a reason why no team has given him a look see afterward. There's a lot of teams that could use a LBer like Dunbar was last year.

I'm thinking he may have lost something off the juice. I just can't think of any other reason why he'd stay on the market this long and why we'd even have a chance to resign him in the first place.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
When you get run on that bad, it's about the will of the defense. It could have some to do with how you practice, but in the end that's just hat on a hat I need to beat my man and win my matchup.

Dunbar brought fire and attitude not only with his mouth, but how he played on the field. The defense is missing him badly. I don't care what anyone says.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Agreed

RamzFanz

Damnit
HometownBoy said:
As for asking Jo-Lonn back, I don't know about that much. I'm hesitant. There has to be a reason why we cut him, remember Pead got caught for substance abuse and suspended too, but he didn't get cut. I know there's scads of difference between PED usage and having a little of the blow, but still it shows Fisher isn't dropping the ban hammer on anybody who shirks the rules.

There's also got to be a reason why no team has given him a look see afterward. There's a lot of teams that could use a LBer like Dunbar was last year.

I'm thinking he may have lost something off the juice. I just can't think of any other reason why he'd stay on the market this long and why we'd even have a chance to resign him in the first place.

I'm not sure why no one has signed him. Maybe he wants and expects to come back? Wink and a nod, see you in 4 weeks?

All guesses, but cutting him sends a message and saves money. Forgiveness and redemption at a lower salary also sends a message and saves money.

Fisher was very clear he's open to discussions of bringing him back.

When you need an opportunity to fill the hole on D at a low cost, I don't see a better one. Dude was an animal last season.

If going off the juice and not training / playing has taken him off his game, then so be it. I'm sure whatever happens he's headed for some vigorous physicals.

If he's ready to go, he starts week 5 or 6 somewhere. Leonard Little KILLED a girl for god's sake and drunk drove AGAIN and still played.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
RamzFanz said:
HometownBoy said:

I'm not sure why no one has signed him. Maybe he wants and expects to come back? Wink and a nod, see you in 4 weeks?

All guesses, but cutting him sends a message and saves money. Forgiveness and redemption at a lower salary also sends a message and saves money.

Fisher was very clear he's open to discussions of bringing him back.

When you need an opportunity to fill the hole on D at a low cost, I don't see a better one. Dude was an animal last season.

If going off the juice and not training / playing has taken him off his game, then so be it. I'm sure whatever happens he's headed for some vigorous physicals.

If he's ready to go, he starts week 5 or 6 somewhere. Leonard Little KILLED a girl for god's sake and drunk drove AGAIN and still played.

Well there's a difference between being an irresponsible POS and sucking now that you're not on the juice, Leonard Little's personality and character flaws aside, he was still a very talented player.

I'm just thinking that without the juice Dunbar might not be half the player we think he still is.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
RamFan503 said:
Hope we're not using that TD scored on him in the Dallas game to show that Spoon is slow. The TE was running before Spoon got into position. Not sure who screwed up on subs but I don't think that was any indication of Spoon's speed. All in all, I don't think Spoon has been a problem. He seems to be around the ball a LOT.

No. He gets beat around the edge by the three average runningbacks we've played and appears lost in coverage.

I mean, he's okay, but he can be upgraded.

RamzFanz

Damnit
HometownBoy said:
I'm just thinking that without the juice Dunbar might not be half the player we think he still is.

True that. Could be. Juice doesn't make you a good player though, just faster and/or stronger.

Someone will find out I bet.

FLramFAN

Rookie
RamFan503 said:
Hope we're not using that TD scored on him in the Dallas game to show that Spoon is slow. The TE was running before Spoon got into position. Not sure who screwed up on subs but I don't think that was any indication of Spoon's speed. All in all, I don't think Spoon has been a problem. He seems to be around the ball a LOT.

On that particular play Ogletree took himself off the field for some reason. The coaching staff and Witherspoon noticed it late and the offense saw "spoon" running across the field. They snapped quickly giving the receive (a TE if I remember right) a huge advantage in the coverage and... it made the D look bad. Honestly, I think that was more on Ogletree and the coaching staff than Witherspoon.

As for Dunbar... I'm not sure, but I don't think you can sign a suspended player who was on a roster and cut as a result of that suspension, until he's eligible to play again. If he's 75% of the player he was last season in regard to production, but brings the leadership and nastiness back to the D, I'm all for bringing him back for the rest of the season. If he pans out, keep him around, if he doesn't, let Armstrong get some reps and now you have pretty solid guys as back ups.

What ever the case, if the Defense doesn't start dictating SOME portion of the game, it's a lost cause. I'm still hopeful about this ending up as a top 10 Defense, but no longer confident about it.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Username said:
Dunbar brought fire and attitude not only with his mouth, but how he played on the field. The defense is missing him badly. I don't care what anyone says.
+1