Dunbar

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Did we ever come to a conclusion as to if the suspension is currently taking place or if he has to be on an active roster to serve it? We need an upgrade from Witherspoon, as much as i like the man, it don't much like the player anymore.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Yes, the suspended party has to actually be on an active roster for the suspension to be properly served.

Unless for some reason you're the MLB and you cow in your sentences to former superstars.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
El Juggernauto said:
Did we ever come to a conclusion as to if the suspension is currently taking place or if he has to be on an active roster to serve it? We need an upgrade from Witherspoon, as much as i like the man, it don't much like the player anymore.

I can't find it in the Drug-Policy. This is all it says regarding the beginning of the suspension.

"The disciplinary period will begin on the date set in the NFL’s notification to the player of his suspension, subject to any appeal."

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.nflplayers.com/about-us/history/Player-Policies/Drug-Policy/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.nflplayers.com/about-us/history/Pla ... ug-Policy/</a>

RamzFanz

Damnit
I'm pretty sure he does not have to be on a roster.

I can't imagine if he did someone would not have snapped him up for nothing in trade for getting him through his suspension.

I'm hoping he is invited back.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Hey X, what happend to 160 or so of my post count recently?

Tough town......

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
If we don't bring him back I would rather see Armstrong than Witherspoon. Ray Ray might get beat because of getting lost at times but Spoon gets beat because he just can't keep up anymore. Great person, was a great player, but he's just not the player he once was.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
ramsince62 said:

Tough town......

Happened to me too. I don't know my count but I was a sixth rounder :( I must have dropped in the draft due to character concerns.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
HitStick said:
If we don't bring him back I would rather see Armstrong than Witherspoon. Ray Ray might get beat because of getting lost at times but Spoon gets beat because he just can't keep up anymore. Great person, was a great player, but he's just not the player he once was.

+1

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
HitStick said:

I am in agreement here. Spoon's best roles with this young team #1- is being the top reserve & back up to all three LB'ing positions & #2- to provide guidance to the Rams current four rookie Lbers.

Spoon is slowing & thus is a liability in coverage. Armstrong would be super fast & brings great energy but at the same time brings rookie mistakes as he has shown in the first three games. Dunbar would bring an instant upgrade to the right LB'ing post!

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
HitStick said:

+1

You aren't lying man, Will was a great guy, I know we're not trying to expose our rookies, but is that really such a great plan? They have to get experience somehow. Studying from afar only does so much.

Eventually they have to get their game experience somehow, and they're still gonna make mistakes that rookies make. I just don't understand the idea behind sitting rookies to keep them from getting exposed.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
HitStick said:
ramsince62 said:

Tough town......

Happened to me too. I don't know my count but I was a sixth rounder :( I must have dropped in the draft due to character concerns.
I'm looking into it. We did a little clean up of the database, and I guess post counts got synchronized with the pruning of the older forum topics. There may not be anything we can do it about it, so I guess you'll all just have to work harder. :razzed:

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
HometownBoy said:
HitStick said:

+1

You aren't lying man, Will was a great guy, I know we're not trying to expose our rookies, but is that really such a great plan? They have to get experience somehow. Studying from afar only does so much.

Eventually they have to get their game experience somehow, and they're still gonna make mistakes that rookies make. I just don't understand the idea behind sitting rookies to keep them from getting exposed.

We are in agreement. Practicing with the second unit can only go so far to mimic the speed of the game. Better to get the experience during their rookie years than their second to third year.

A55VA6

Legend
He doesn't have to be on a roster to serve suspension. This week is the last week he'll have to miss. I hope we bring him back. He brings fire to this defense.

RamzFanz

Damnit
A55VA6 said:
He doesn't have to be on a roster to serve suspension. This week is the last week he'll have to miss. I hope we bring him back. He brings fire to this defense.

Wait, 5 games, no?

RamzFanz

Damnit
X said:
HitStick said:
ramsince62 said:

Tough town......

I'm looking into it. We did a little clean up of the database, and I guess post counts got synchronized with the pruning of the older forum topics. There may not be anything we can do it about it, so I guess you'll all just have to work harder. :razzed:

Now X, don't blame the players for bad coaching :ww:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
RamzFanz said:
A55VA6 said:

Wait, 5 games, no?

Thought it was 4.

RamzFanz

Damnit
HitStick said:

+1

Love the spoon but the Rams need the speed of Ray Ray. Spoon won't be starting here next season (probably), Ray Ray will (probably).

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Hope we're not using that TD scored on him in the Dallas game to show that Spoon is slow. The TE was running before Spoon got into position. Not sure who screwed up on subs but I don't think that was any indication of Spoon's speed. All in all, I don't think Spoon has been a problem. He seems to be around the ball a LOT.