Dunbar suspended for four games

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ramsaddiction

Rookie
Name
Anthony
Mike and I just finished an impromptu recording about this. It's only about 15 minutes if any of you are interested. It's not embedded on the site, but if you subscribe to the feed it should be there.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
So the Rams are as bad as SEA.

This will be a nice big fat juicy question for Kevin next time.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
ramsaddiction said:
Mike and I just finished an impromptu recording about this. It's only about 15 minutes if any of you are interested. It's not embedded on the site, but if you subscribe to the feed it should be there.

Good job. Hot reads is good.

And Fisher is nowhere to be found on this suspension, unlike the others.

fearsomefour

Legend
Couple of thoughts.
It is interesting the difference in the processes between the NFL and MLB. Really polar opposites. A-rod is suspended, yet is playing pending his disputing it. The NFL does their whole process including it being disputed before it is even announced. Better process in my mind. For sure designed to keep things sort of quite in terms of specifics.
It is easy for guys to test for things in error....at least using the MLB testing as an example. I am not sure how close the NFL testing is to the MLB testing. So Dunbar may be full of it saying it was accidental or he may be totally sincere and truthful.
As for people taking it personally, that is just silly. If you dont know the specifics you have no right to act all offended or superior. As for one team being clean and others not....that is an unrealistic assumption to make. Its just like injuries. You shouldnt talk too much smack about another teams injuries....because they can come at anytime for your team.
It is what it is. Better to have the suspension early on in the season....I guess.

biggame1190

Starter
Name
CB
CGI_Ram said:
biggame1190 said:
Dunbar may be another of the Rams who block me on twitter. I let him know of my disappointment and IMO in a more respectable manner than he deserves.

Im sorry but I will NOT be an a$$ kisser to these athletes, especially when they are in the wrong and hurt the team that I invest MY time & MY money in

Did he block you?

No. Dont know if he saw the tweet but not blocked right now. My tweet was not even brutal, just an honest reaction...But you know the egos on some of these professional athletes so we'll see if im blocked later.

All I said was - "I am VERY disappointed in @JolonnDunbar. Putting HIS teams possible success at risk. Get your head together and focused in the RIGHT bro"

bluecoconuts

Legend
Lesson said:
If he appealing or no word yet?

No he's not, he's going to take it.

LesBaker said:

I wouldn't say that. Pead and Rok were both pot I believe, hence it was only 1 game. So we have one player who took some roids, compared to the 3 or 4 that they had last year.

iced

LesBaker said:

i wouldn't go that far...they had 6 players get popped for PED's?

We've had like 1....

A55VA6

Legend
Jo-lonn said he didn't knowingly take any PED's, but mistakingly took something that prompte a failed test. Hope it isn't a lie.. that'll make me lose respect for him. Glad he's just going to take the suspension though. When guys appeal, it makes them look like irresponsible assholes that are trying to get away with something they did wrong. Atleast that's how I look at it.

biggame1190

Starter
Name
CB
A55VA6 said:
Jo-lonn said he didn't knowingly take any PED's, but mistakingly took something that prompte a failed test. Hope it isn't a lie..

Its a lie alright. He wouldn't be apologizing and he would have tried to appeal it if it wasn't a lie (which it still could have definitely been a lie in that case too). I think its amazing how all these players who get suspended for PEDs try to deny that they took them intentionally. Smh....They are reading a script and they know damn well what the took! And for the VERY low percentage who truly are oblivious of what went in their body, they deserve the suspension just as much for how much of a f()cking idiot they are...Whether it be because they are illiterate, blind, or mentally challenged. How the hell can you be oblivious to wha you put in your own damn body? it is BS to me and something I will never understand.....Why these players take any "substances", banned OR legal is stupid IMHO anyway. One does not need these things for muscle growth, strength or speed gain. Ugh. Well thats a whole other can of worms.... But bottom line These players are IDIOTS for taking PEDs intentional or not. They only hurt themselves, their team, and the respect from fans.

Such nonsense smh.

A55VA6

Legend
I agree. He's gotta know what he's putting into his body. Especially being a pro athlete. It's disappointing.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
This is good. Our team will be hesitant of using PED's. Wise up fellas[FISTED HAND SIGN]

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
jap said:
The '9ers QB just said, "Thank God!!!"
So true this was the 1st thing that came to mind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

fearsomefour

Legend
I agree it is on the player. But, at least it used to be this way with MLB testing, I would assume it is more refined now, you could test postitive if you took certain kinds of cold/flu medications.
The whole issue is damn silly in my opinion. A society that views something like weed as a "drug" (ie, evil, illegal ect) and embraces addictive, man made synthetic pain pills as "medicine" is so in denial as to be lost.
The concept of someone looking guilty because they appeal it and admitting guilt because do not appeal it is again, just silly. If a person felt they were not in the wrong, or at least not totally in the wrong, would they not appeal the loss of over $300,000 in income? Doubtful.
What if the test was triggered by something prescribed by a doctor. It does happen. The obvious answer is to only go to the team doctor. Most players (I would assume) are wise enough to not think the team doctor has the players best interest at heart. The leagues new found interest in player safety has little to do with keeping guys in one piece and has everything to do with lawsuits. That said a player taking something without running it past the team appointed complience expert is just pure ignorance.
If PEDs are not allowed because they allow someone to train or perform beyond what they would be able to do if their body was in its natural state, what is the difference between someone taking steroids to lift harder or recover quicker and someone getting laser eye surgery to improve their naturally bad eye sight. None in my opinion. If a guy changes his body with the intention of improving performance (Tiger Woods improving his eyes to better than 20/20 for example) does it matter how it is done?
But, as hypocritical and badly thought out as it is, this is the policy the players have. So be it. At the end of the day it is on the player.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
When I was 24 years old (I'm 48 now) I juiced to build my body like some of the friends I had at the time. It was stupid and pointless but at the time it made sense to me. Whatever...

Anyway, my experience is now relevant here. Dunbar succumbed to the professional pressure to perform. It was wrong and stupid. I would venture to guess many football players do it too but mask it with other chemicals available. The NFL is hep to that and occasionally upgrade the testing much like the highway patrol finds ways to overcome "fuzzbusters" for your vehicle.

Part of what made Dunbar effective was his aggression. I can say confidently that "part" of that aggression was steroid related. MOST of the benefit is the ability to bounce back from fatigue and/or injury. The downside is that studies have shown that those who use PED's become even more subject to injury because they push their bodies beyond what they were born to accomplish.

I say this to warn my fellow fans not to expect the same level of accomplishments by him when he returns (unless he finds something less detectible to replace it).

Since he is a Ram, I will continue to pull for his success. I also admit to now knowing how many other football players are guilty of the same, if not similar, infractions.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
man i hate hearing anyone getting busted for ped's but to hear it on the rams piss's me off the most.

fearsomefour

Legend
Leoram....
Dunbar was never out of control or usually even out of position. He was agressive and attacking because that is what his role in the D called on him to be. You cant confidently say anything he did or didnt do on the field was tied to steroids....we dont even know what he tested for. Could have been adderal for all we know.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
fearsomefour making a good point:
Dunbar was never out of control or usually even out of position. He was aggressive and attacking because that is what his role in the D called on him to be. You cant confidently say anything he did or didn't do on the field was tied to steroids....we don't even know what he tested for. Could have been adderal for all we know.
Yeah, it's not good to jump to conclusions but in general leoram is spot on. In addition, I think in reality, the chances that it was steroids or HGH are pretty high. It's becoming common for players to claim it was Adderall because the stigma is so much less with that drug but I doubt many of those claims are true. Adderall just doesn't provide that much help compared to the risk involved. Who knows though. He took a risk and he and the team are paying the price.

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
A55VA6 said:
Jo-lonn said he didn't knowingly take any PED's, but mistakingly took something that prompte a failed test. Hope it isn't a lie.. that'll make me lose respect for him. Glad he's just going to take the suspension though. When guys appeal, it makes them look like irresponsible assholes that are trying to get away with something they did wrong. Atleast that's how I look at it.

It's called [hilite]Public Relations[/hilite] my boy.

Milamber11

UDFA
Name
George
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! :amped: :grr: :amped: :grr: :amped: :grr: :amped: :grr: Not good news at all!! Would of loved to have a full strength defence first game, is he still eligible to play pre season? Will give guys like Hull who i rate highly to cover it if needed, these pre seasons games coming up Jeff and DC need to put the reserve linebackers on and see how they perform!! Confident we can still start strongly :bg: