Dunbar suspended for four games

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

this cetainly makes the pick up of witherspoon seem like the rams knew this was coming.

iced

not too worried with spoon, he's better in coverage imo.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Username said:
Just heard it on 101.

That sucks.

Fuuuuuuck! Well you are up User Name time for another hard compounded kick to his junk. I heard Rok Watkins still has an icepack on his from your recent encounter of discipline. Kaep and Wilson wear cups now.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
This pisses me off, I would prefer them to be suspended for weed. At lease then you don't questions their ability. Damn...I'm glad we got spoon. I think Ray Ray may take some snaps too. He looks good.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
iced said:
not too worried with spoon, he's better in coverage imo.

Dunbar has been a wrecking ball at linebacker. He looked fucking awesome in that first preseason game too. He brings attitude to the defense as well. Not a back breaker, but this is a blow.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
BatteringRambo said:
Username said:
Just heard it on 101.

That sucks.

Fuuuuuuck! Well you are up User Name time for another hard compounded kick to his junk. I heard Rok Watkins still has an icepack on his from your recent encounter of discipline. Kaep and Wilson wear cups now.

He's still ma boy. He did let the squad down though.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
That sucks. I really like the energy he brings to the defense. Does anyone know why he has been suspended. Was it PED, recreational drug use, or some other reason?

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
brokeu91 said:
That sucks. I really like the energy he brings to the defense. Does anyone know why he has been suspended. Was it PED, recreational drug use, or some other reason?

Said he violated the PED policy. Idk exactly what it was, or that we'll ever know.

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
Freak! Freak! Freak! He's more important to the defense than most people think imo. I'm not concerned with spoon being able to come in and play at a high level but who does that leave us for depth? Anyone?

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Balls, just balls. Disappointed to say the least.

A55VA6

Legend
lockdnram21 said:
Ray Ray gone step up watch. This is the chance he needed
I agree. I like Ray Ray. Hope he does something with the opportunity!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Jo-Lonn Dunbar violated the league's PEDs policy

St. Louis Rams linebacker Jo-Lonn Dunbar has been suspended by the National Football League for the first four games of the 2013 regular season after violating the league's policy against performance-enhancing substances, the NFL announced on Wednesday.

Dunbar will miss games against the Arizona Cardinals, Atlanta Falcons, Dallas Cowboys and San Francisco 49ers and will be eligible to return to the active roster on Friday, Sept. 27.

The Rams signed Dunbar to a two-year, $3.05 million contract on April 2, 2012. Dunbar started all 16 games for the Rams, totaling 113 tackles, including a team-high 16 for a loss, with 4.5 sacks, 12 hits on opposing quarterbacks, two interceptions and five passes defensed while playing in 1,060 of the Rams' 1,076 defensive snaps (98.51 percent).

With Dunbar out, veteran Will Witherspoon would be the favorite to start at strong-side linebacker.
Dunbar was scheduled to earn $1.3 million in base salary this season and a four-game suspension without pay means he will forfeit $305,882 in salary. The Rams could also seek to recoup the prorated portion of Dunbar's $1 million signing bonus from last season, which would amount to $117,647.

Dunbar becomes the third player the Rams added in 2012 to be suspended by the National Football League this offseason. Running back Isaiah Pead, a second-round pick in 2012, was suspended one game for violating the league's substance abuse policy. Guard Rokevious Watkins, a fifth-round pick last year, was also suspended for the first game of the season for violating the substance abuse policy. The Rams released Watkins, who is now a member of the Kansas City Chiefs.

<a class="postlink" href="http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/rams-lb-jo-lonn-dunbar-suspended-four-games-200557523.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... 57523.html</a>

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
My lord Dubar, how can u be so dumb...are to have Ogeltree now exposed to this...i'm now grumpy guys

Memphis Ram

Legend
X said:
Jo-Lonn Dunbar violated the league's PEDs policy

St. Louis Rams linebacker Jo-Lonn Dunbar has been suspended by the National Football League for the first four games of the 2013 regular season after violating the league's policy against performance-enhancing substances, the NFL announced on Wednesday.

Dunbar will miss games against the Arizona Cardinals, Atlanta Falcons, Dallas Cowboys and San Francisco 49ers and will be eligible to return to the active roster on Friday, Sept. 27.

The Rams signed Dunbar to a two-year, $3.05 million contract on April 2, 2012. Dunbar started all 16 games for the Rams, totaling 113 tackles, including a team-high 16 for a loss, with 4.5 sacks, 12 hits on opposing quarterbacks, two interceptions and five passes defensed while playing in 1,060 of the Rams' 1,076 defensive snaps (98.51 percent).

With Dunbar out, veteran Will Witherspoon would be the favorite to start at strong-side linebacker.
Dunbar was scheduled to earn $1.3 million in base salary this season and a four-game suspension without pay means he will forfeit $305,882 in salary. The Rams could also seek to recoup the prorated portion of Dunbar's $1 million signing bonus from last season, which would amount to $117,647.

<a class="postlink" href="http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/rams-lb-jo-lonn-dunbar-suspended-four-games-200557523.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... 57523.html</a>

Nobody wants to hear this now, but I wonder if the Rams could gain some much needed cap space with this suspension. :whome?: