Dunbar Likey

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
39d569bec87242929744232.png

https://twitter.com/JoLonnDunbar/status ... 7803328513

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Starts by looking in the mirror, and not letting your guy beat you by 10+ yds on a short field in the last seconds of the game. Can't EVER happen.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Yes, the ending was disappointing, but I thought he played well. The Rams need to find another OLB who can cover a pass down the seam, and this D could be very good. Despite the last play of the game, I thought Dunbar played well, and if he continues to play that well, I wouldn't mind if he stayed another year or two.

We do need Brokers back. That was pretty evident yesterday. I remember watching him in preseason and he was just taking on blockers left and right. If he's in there, I think it frees up Quinn and Long and we get more pressure on Stafford.

All in all, the team is looking up. I love the fiestiness, the toughness, the swagger that this team has. Let's keep it up.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
DR RAM said:
Starts by looking in the mirror, and not letting your guy beat you by 10+ yds on a short field in the last seconds of the game. Can't EVER happen.
Shit happens. He bit on the inside read and paid for it, but he did some other good stuff too. Disappointing to say the least, but it was nice to be in a game down to the wire again.

Things are looking up boys.

Sent via Tapatalk2.

RAMilyGuy

UDFA
If any one person lost this game for us it was Dunbar. He should have been in position to pull a Mike Jones on Smith.

But, these things happen. I'd like to see some one step up and become more vocal and get this D pumped up. Maybe that guy is Dunbar.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
I thought Dunbar had a damn good game. Purely based off the first game he's the most underrated FA signing the Rams had this offseason by far and away.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
RAMilyGuy said:
If any one person lost this game for us it was Dunbar. He should have been in position to pull a Mike Jones on Smith.

I don't see it quite that way, instead if there were a single play, I'd put it on that poor final 3rd down play before the FG that if made, would have "sealed the deal" for our Rams.

Statistically the Lions beat our butts, but that game was there for the taking and would have made one heck of a steal.....if only... :bummed:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Username said:
I thought Dunbar had a damn good game. Purely based off the first game he's the most underrated FA signing the Rams had this offseason by far and away.
He was a great pick up. He's going to be a good player for us. Let's just hope what happened never happens again. It was a football sin to lose your guy that bad in the red zone.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
RAMilyGuy said:

But, these things happen. I'd like to see some one step up and become more vocal and get this D pumped up. Maybe that guy is Dunbar.

That's a little unfair. Dunbar wasn't the only one to let them go up and down the field at will. The entire D has to step it up. I'd like to see more in your face instead of 10 yards off. Can't always play scared, even against the best of talent.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
bwdenverram said:
RAMilyGuy said:

That's a little unfair. Dunbar wasn't the only one to let them go up and down the field at will. The entire D has to step it up. I'd like to see more in your face instead of 10 yards off. Can't always play scared, even against the best of talent.
Agree. If we're gonna blast Dunbar for losing the game (not a valid argument, IMO), then we have to give him his due credit for giving the Rams the ball back on that interception as well. You win as a team, and you lose as a team. I don't think we should be singling anyone out for a team loss. That's PD style horseshit, in my not so humble opinion.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
X said:
bwdenverram said:
RAMilyGuy said:

Agree. If we're gonna blast Dunbar for losing the game (not a valid argument, IMO), then we have to give him his due credit for giving the Rams the ball back on that interception as well. You win as a team, and you lose as a team. I don't think we should be singling anyone out for a team loss. That's PD style horseshit, in my not so humble opinion.

Yup, the only time I actually singled one guy out was Justin King against Baltimore last year. Seemed he got beat on every play. That's one on one and a little different. But in this game, everyone was open. Unfortunately, it's the one concern I had after watching the preseason. They couldn't stop the pass or get off the field on 3rd down.
They HAVE to clean that up or it'll be a long season.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
bwdenverram said:
X said:
bwdenverram said:
RAMilyGuy said:

Yup, the only time I actually singled one guy out was Justin King against Baltimore last year. Seemed he got beat on every play. That's one on one and a little different. But in this game, everyone was open. Unfortunately, it's the one concern I had after watching the preseason. They couldn't stop the pass or get off the field on 3rd down.
I feel ya bro. Please don't think I was singling you out with the PD comment. I understand your comments and position on this, and I wasn't trying to make an example of your comment. There are indeed times where a guy gets absolutely punished over and over again, and you can absolutely point out a single guy in those instances. Dunbar played a pretty good game overall, and he made some really good plays. And because of that, I don't think we can just wrap up the game by saying, "Well, if Dunbar did this ... it's a different outcome. There were a lot of chances that we lost during this game, but I'm encouraged by how this young team was able to work as a unit and keep them in a game they had no business being in to begin with. I'm encouraged by how this season will eventually unfold.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
X said:
bwdenverram said:
X said:
bwdenverram said:
RAMilyGuy said:

I feel ya bro. Please don't think I was singling you out with the PD comment. I understand your comments and position on this, and I wasn't trying to make an example of your comment. There are indeed times where a guy gets absolutely punished over and over again, and you can absolutely point out a single guy in those instances. Dunbar played a pretty good game overall, and he made some really good plays. And because of that, I don't think we can just wrap up the game by saying, "Well, if Dunbar did this ... it's a different outcome. There were a lot of chances that we lost during this game, but I'm encouraged by how this young team was able to work as a unit and keep them in a game they had no business being in to begin with. I'm encouraged by how this season will eventually unfold.

Of course not X-No offense taken. I know what you meant. I never actually called anyone out before on a message board. Probably more of a "that's what I was thinking to myself". I actually think depsite the yards allowed, they did a pretty good job against them. I truly believe the Lions are one of the most talented offensive groups in the league. They have a great WR, TE and (without the injuries) a very good RB group. Plus, the OL has played together for a while. Look how much time Stafford had to pass most of the day. If anything, I'm hoping in time we can model our offense similar to what they do. Who doesn't like to go 80 yards in 5 plays in 2 min.. I have memories of 99 dancing in my head :)