1. To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dunbar(LB) Announced Via Twitter That He's a Ram

Discussion in 'RAMS - NFL TALK' started by WestsideRamsfan, Apr 2, 2012.

1. libertadrocks Well-Known Member

Thought Hightower is viewed as exclusively a ILB?

Brown would be nice. I love his athleticism but I hated what Cossell said about him. He said he is an "avoid contact" type player.

Dunbar probably slides into the SLB slot. One guy I love that could fill our WLB slot is Travis Lewis.

2. Warner4Prez Mɥɐʇ┴ɥǝHǝll¿

Wouldn't mind seeing Lavonte David in the 2nd round. Maybe go with a DT first and David at 39. He's not a really big guy, but talk about dudes with a motor and who give it their all, he fits the bill.

3. Ramhusker Well-Known Member Pit Boss

Oh yeah, Lavonte David has that "it" factor. He's always around the ball and has great speed, a sure tackler, and seems pretty smart. His size, 226lbs, is a little small for a LB in the NFL but in today's pass happy league, he might be perfect. I wish he would be there in the top of the 3rd but I doubt it. If the Rams want him, he might be had at 39 but not much after that.

4. steferfootball Well-Known Member

It is really sad to see such a promising coaching staff to end that way.

But ultimately, they knew it was a shortened offseason...shouldda dumbed it down more I guess. Perhaps even with the injuries they get a few more wins and keep their jobs.

Whatever. It is what it is.

5. DR RAM Rams Lifer

No, he's athletic enough to be a SAM, and can do some pass rushing if needed. I think Dunbar would be too small for the strong side. I think Brown is more of a Will, the way he plays. Travis Lewis, Nigel Bradham. Bruce Irvin, K. Robinson, R. Lewis, are a few names. I know the Rams have worked out Hightower.

Maybe someone can tell me what Fisher likes in a SAM. I like a big, tall, sturdy SAM that can hold up against the rush, but can also get to the edge and cover a TE. I know the perfect player.

6. Angry Ram aka Captain RAmerica aka the OG Rammer

Dark horse OLB pick: Travis Lewis.

7. Memento Ser Memento (alias, The Winged Knight).

My outside linebacker pick is Danny Trevathan. He's undersized (6'1", 239 lbs), but he consistently made more splash plays than any other linebacker in this class not named Kuechly - and that was on a team that was bad enough to miss the bowl games altogether. He's purely weakside, but he'd be a great value in the fourth round. He could be insurance in case Dunbar doesn't pan out or could be used as a special teams role player in his first year.

I don't think that there's a starting calibre strongside linebacker in this class aside from Ronnell Lewis. The others look more like depth. If we picked Lewis with one of our second round picks instead of Zach Brown, I'd be pretty happy with that. In a lot of the mocks I'm seeing, it looks like his stock is falling for some reason or other.

Here's two scouting videos on both of them:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_AUk2rRlF8[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNyYUNe4WHM[/youtube]

Edit: Found another one on Trevathan:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NldlR1nmvI[/youtube]

8. DR RAM Rams Lifer

You don't think Hightower could play the strong side? I'm all for Lewis. He's a stud.

Travathan is a pretty decent player, not super explosive, but can make it from sideline to sideline, and appears to have good instincts, recognition skills.

9. Memento Ser Memento (alias, The Winged Knight).

Hightower doesn't look like he has the range for the outside, and that season ending knee injury he had doesn't ease my concerns. He's strictly a 3-4 inside linebacker, but he'll be a damn good one. He could easily go to the Steelers, and he won't drop past the Ravens.

I love Trevathan's instincts. He doesn't have elite explosion, but he always seems to fly to where the ball is, and he's got very good range. I've seen Lance Briggs comparisons. No, I don't think that he'll be as good as Briggs is, but Trevathan is a very similar player in both size and skillset.

10. superfan24 Well-Known Member

Memento/Dr. Ram-
    Have either of you watched film on Darius Fleming. He was 3-4 LB, but was wondering what your opinions are on if he can adjust to a 4-3?

11. DR RAM Rams Lifer

I've seen him play, but he didn't stand out to me. I have not scouted him. I'd have to see him play in space. His size/speed combo looks good.