Duke

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
I just don't see us suiting up 11 recievers lol

damn those last two weeks of training camp are going to get intense

Gonna be a lot of broken hearts from fans... me included. I have a feeling they're going to cut someone that we ALL love.

Thomas? Cooper? (please god no!)

SanAnRam

Just an educated redneck
My uninformed guess:
Tavon, Kenny, Quick, Spruce, Cooper, and Williams.
Thomas is the last of the cuts, makes waivers, and sits on the ps (please make it if my dumbass prediction is right).

Marquez. You find a spot for football players (see Spruce) on your team, and I think they will. Call him a 7th wr or a special teams ace, but I think he's a lock.
Chase Reynolds......much respect but I think your spot has been taken by Marquez.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
My uninformed guess:
Tavon, Kenny, Quick, Spruce, Cooper, and Williams.
Thomas is the last of the cuts, makes waivers, and sits on the ps (please make it if my dumbass prediction is right).

Marquez. You find a spot for football players (see Spruce) on your team, and I think they will. Call him a 7th wr or a special teams ace, but I think he's a lock.
Chase Reynolds......much respect but I think your spot has been taken by Marquez.

Good post.
I think this should be Reynolds last hurrah and if he is featured more and gets another TD or two I wouldn't be surprised. Fisher is loyal to his guys and he will give Chase the best reference possible and feature him more than usual.

The problem with the WR logjam is that it's not just between them but the RBs and TEs too. How can we keep all those WRs, Kendricks, Harkules, Higbee, Hemingway, Cunningham + Gurley and Benny then Brown and Green who I hope we keep in Blue and Gold....

More than a few tough cuts and without a doubt some surprises and much second guessing by all of us.
Love Fisher or hate him, you can't deny that he has really raised the floor in terms of offensive skill player depth this year. Hopefully it develops faster than usual...

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Britt's a straight moron, sorry to say. Dude has been around a long time and is still inconsistent as F. Still drops balls for no good reason. Great size/speed athlete, sure. But selfish and him rolling that car with Quick in it was ridiculous man. The guy should be a steady vet presence, not the dumb kid. I realize they're hamming for the cameras, too, but that doesn't matter.

IMO the battle is Britt vs Quick. One of them will be cut and I really think it's going to be Britt. Quick then sees reality and hopefully that helps him push himself in this prove it season.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good post.
I think this should be Reynolds last hurrah and if he is featured more and gets another TD or two I wouldn't be surprised. Fisher is loyal to his guys and he will give Chase the best reference possible and feature him more than usual.

The problem with the WR logjam is that it's not just between them but the RBs and TEs too. How can we keep all those WRs, Kendricks, Harkules, Higbee, Hemingway, Cunningham + Gurley and Benny then Brown and Green who I hope we keep in Blue and Gold....

More than a few tough cuts and without a doubt some surprises and much second guessing by all of us.
Love Fisher or hate him, you can't deny that he has really raised the floor in terms of offensive skill player depth this year. Hopefully it develops faster than usual...

I'm thinkin something along the lines of:

WRs
Austin (Y & Z) > Quick (X) > Cooper (Y & Z) > Marquez (Y & Z) > Spruce (Y & Z) > Williams (X). Britt ain't gonna get any better, the others all have upside. North and/or Hill to PS.

TEs
Kendricks > Higbee > Harkey. Higbee gives them an additional giant WR tbh and makes up for loss of Britt's size. Hemingway goes to PS.

RBs
Gurley > Cunningham > Brown > Green. Depends on teams of course, Reynolds may well win out over Green for that reason but I prefer Green.

StevenG-BR

Rookie
Quick over Britt just ain't freaking happening. That's ridiculous IMO

I have no idea why anyone still has any faith in Quick. He has done absolutely zilch. His biggest accomplishment was being drafted way higher than he deserved.

I guess he was pretty decent for 4-5 games...two years ago.

Britt isn't anything special. But no way does our top receiver from last year, the only guy to surpass 500 yards, get canned for an absolute ZERO bust like Quick. Britt is inconsistent, but he comes up big every couple weeks to save the offense's a**...which is more than we can say for Quick.

Sorry. I know negativity isn't well received here. But that's just reality.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
IMO the battle is Britt vs Quick. One of them will be cut and I really think it's going to be Britt. Quick then sees reality and hopefully that helps him push himself in this prove it season.
Interesting take. Idk...i'd be surprised if Britt got released. That's leave who as the veteran? Quick? Lol.
nope.gif

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Sorry. I know negativity isn't well received here. But that's just reality.
It's all good.
To be honest it's not so much the negativity. It's the CONSTANT negativity without constructive tone or semblance of an actual opinion that draws the wrath here. You know...like Ramstalk.
ALL opinions are valued here @StevenG-BR but if the only thing a poster ever brings to the table is "Fisher is garbage" or "Brian quick is trash" or any of that SOSAR crap...well there are other places on the net to spew that stuff.

ROD is better than that. Knowledgeable, informative, upbeat, humorous, passionate and tolerable.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Agree with those that are pretty much fed up with Quick. Nice kid, but I think he may be a little dopey. When fish calls him and Lloyd out for their ridiculous go kart stunt, he just stands there with a stupid look on his face...like "huh, what I did?" . Meanwhile Lloyd fucking Christmas is yucking it up like it was a joke. Dumb and dumber indeed....we need some real WRs sooooooooo bad!!

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Agree with those that are pretty much fed up with Quick. Nice kid, but I think he may be a little dopey. When fish calls him and Lloyd out for their ridiculous go kart stunt, he just stands there with a stupid look on his face...like "huh, what I did?" . Meanwhile Lloyd freaking Christmas is yucking it up like it was a joke. Dumb and dumber indeed....we need some real WRs sooooooooo bad!!
Yep! WE ALL ARE TIRED OF THIS 7-9 BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was some 7-9 BS. Fisher is going on the warpath real Quick (pun intended).

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I have no idea why anyone still has any faith in Quick. He has done absolutely zilch. His biggest accomplishment was being drafted way higher than he deserved.

I guess he was pretty decent for 4-5 games...two years ago.

Britt isn't anything special.
hmmmm...not sure what you mean, Britt isn't anything special....I'd like to see the receiver that CAN get 1000 yards receiving with Foles & Keenum. Britt is clearly the best wide receiver on the team....And, it's not even close...Unless you're comparing him to Quick, Thomas, and Duke Williams. And that's as far as the ability to compete and WIN versus any of our db's....Those 4 guys are physical matchups, that most db's have difficulty with...And yes, Quick give our db's problems....

It becomes more...competitive when there are other players that help, but even then, the outs & slants remain open, every play for a guy like Kenny Britt.

Agree with those that are pretty much fed up with Quick. Nice kid, but I think he may be a little dopey. When fish calls him and Lloyd out for their ridiculous go kart stunt, he just stands there with a stupid look on his face.
I think he's following Britt...It was Britt speeding...What was Quick supposed to do????? And, after Hard Knocks...I'm pretty sure, there are not a bunch of geniuses on the football field...I'm not sure who I'd consider bright....probably some lineman...offensive line at that...but most have enough functional intelligence to get their jobs done...

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
hmmmm...not sure what you mean, Britt isn't anything special....I'd like to see the receiver that CAN get 1000 yards receiving with Foles & Keenum. Britt is clearly the best wide receiver on the team....And, it's not even close...Unless you're comparing him to Quick, Thomas, and Duke Williams. And that's as far as the ability to compete and WIN versus any of our db's....Those 4 guys are physical matchups, that most db's have difficulty with...And yes, Quick give our db's problems....

It becomes more...competitive when there are other players that help, but even then, the outs & slants remain open, every play for a guy like Kenny Britt.

I think he's following Britt...It was Britt speeding...What was Quick supposed to do????? And, after Hard Knocks...I'm pretty sure, there are not a bunch of geniuses on the football field...I'm not sure who I'd consider bright....probably some lineman...offensive line at that...but most have enough functional intelligence to get their jobs done...
Agree with that. Lots of dumb dumbs out there, but they are not being drafted and paid for the intellect at most positions. I know it wasn't Quick's fault in the go-kart fiasco, I just meant that he looks and acts dopey to me a lot of the time. Funny, because he did a pretty coherent and interesting interview with Dani not long ago. Maybe I am being too hard on the kid....

Ramfansince79

Rookie
Name
Ramsfan79
d into a player while watching him role that vehicle on Hard Knocks? Off a shoulder injury, by all rights a bust this far, and kid does something that reckless.[/QUOTE]

IMO, that was all on Kenny Britt showing how smart he is, which is not very.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I consider myself a hardcore Ram fan.

I watched the Dallas game.

And I've scoured the Internet, reading every single camp report that I could find.

And yet, here's where I am with regard to our likely 6 WR's that make the 53.

Britt
Austin

Both are absolute locks.

Spruce
Cooper (but Cooper needs to get it in gear PDQ)

I consider these 2 as 90% to make the 53.

But beyond those four? I just dunno.

Williams
Quick
Thomas
Marquez
McRoberts

These guys seem to be in a 5 way race for two positions, at most. And they're just gonna have to sort it out on the field in practices and preseason games. I see no clear cut winner among them at this point, so I think it's wide open.

BTW, I have no dog in this fight. All I want is for Fisher to keep the best 6 WR's, period.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I agree with the "dumb and dumber" mentality of Britt and Quick, but that aside, they are still the best two WR's on the team.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Interesting take. Idk...i'd be surprised if Britt got released. That's leave who as the veteran? Quick? Lol.
nope.gif

So this insistence the Rams need a veteran presence is to provide what exactly? A mature and experienced guy in the room that can demonstrate to the kids how to practice and conduct themselves? Or maybe provide consistent option in the receiving game for the Rams offense? Neither is true with Britt tbh. He's not mature nor is he really a good example that you would have to have. He's not a consistent receiving option because he disappears way too much and drops balls, dude is actually only a good example of how NOT to be as a WR with good talent and what, six years of experience?

Truth is the only reason he's going to make this roster is because he's got compromising pics of Fish. Dude just does not add that much to this team.

And in answer to your question the veteran presence is Tavon. I'd cut Britt and let Quick know he's on the bubble, and let Tavon lead that room for this season. Work the kids in and let them show these underachieving vets how to do.

StevenG-BR

Rookie
I'd like to see the receiver that CAN get 1000 yards receiving with Foles & Keenum.

Ok. Per your request...

032014djax_600.jpg

andre-johnson-texans.jpg

hmmmm...not sure what you mean, Britt isn't anything special...

I'm not sure what YOU mean that you're not sure what I mean, that Britt isn't anything special. He's not. He has underachieved his whole career and is a No. 2 at best. He's very inconsistent and disappears for long stretches.

Having said that, when he's on, he is ON. And he's the best WR the Rams have right now. I think the thought of cutting Britt in favor of Quick is just silly. Britt will make the team and be our top receiver, until one of the youngsters (hopefully) takes the torch.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
I consider myself a hardcore Ram fan.

I watched the Dallas game.

And I've scoured the Internet, reading every single camp report that I could find.

And yet, here's where I am with regard to our likely 6 WR's that make the 53.

Britt
Austin

Both are absolute locks.

Spruce
Cooper (but Cooper needs to get it in gear PDQ)

I consider these 2 as 90% to make the 53.

But beyond those four? I just dunno.

Williams
Quick
Thomas
Marquez
McRoberts

These guys seem to be in a 5 way race for two positions, at most. And they're just gonna have to sort it out on the field in practices and preseason games. I see no clear cut winner among them at this point, so I think it's wide open.

BTW, I have no dog in this fight. All I want is for Fisher to keep the best 6 WR's, period.

Honestly, I think it's Williams and Thomas. We have the slot locked down. That makes Marquez tradeable.