Duke

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DickersonGurley

Naga...nagunnaposthereanymore
Name
Faulk
i have to believe this kid has a real shot. Him in camp is almost about him acting like a man and showing he's ready to work, than it is him performing. He ran a slow 40 like everyone loves to point out but Trumaine Johnson has been quoted praising his speed. He's DEFINATELY a gamer. He seems to be getting along well, he won the Strongest Hands contest as witnessed on Hard Knocks which I realize is not relevant, and he just gives the Rams something no other player does on that roster . He blocks well, and I GUARENTEE Fisher knew what he had from his Auburn buddies before camp started.

I have said it before, if two years ago we were told this season we'd have both Duke and the #1 drafted QB we oud have all done cartwheels. The WR position will be interesting, because some guys could lose there jobs. Spruce , Duke, and Thomas all are I. The mix. I was not a believer In Spruce but now am.

In regards to Brian Quick....did anyone else get that sick feeling he will never grow up and into a player while watching him role that vehicle on Hard Knocks? Off a shoulder injury, by all rights a bust this far, and kid does something that reckless.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
In regards to Brian Quick....did anyone else get that sick feeling he will never grow up and into a player while watching him role that vehicle on Hard Knocks? Off a shoulder injury, by all rights a bust this far, and kid does something that reckless.

While I'm not a believer that Quick will ever become an elite or even above average starting WR, nothing about him being a passenger in a cart accident makes me more or less convinced of that.

Not sure what he should be doing differently in that situation...?

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Was he driving or Kenny Britt!? They where both in the vehicle!
Fisher Called them " Dumb and Dumber" on Hard Knocks!

lockdnram21

Legend
i have to believe this kid has a real shot. Him in camp is almost about him acting like a man and showing he's ready to work, than it is him performing. He ran a slow 40 like everyone loves to point out but Trumaine Johnson has been quoted praising his speed. He's DEFINATELY a gamer. He seems to be getting along well, he won the Strongest Hands contest as witnessed on Hard Knocks which I realize is not relevant, and he just gives the Rams something no other player does on that roster . He blocks well, and I GUARENTEE Fisher knew what he had from his Auburn buddies before camp started.

I have said it before, if two years ago we were told this season we'd have both Duke and the #1 drafted QB we oud have all done cartwheels. The WR position will be interesting, because some guys could lose there jobs. Spruce , Duke, and Thomas all are I. The mix. I was not a believer In Spruce but now am.

He wasn't driving Kenny was.. No I didn't get that feeling. I don't think he can be a #1 but he can contribute

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

Regarding Quick and Williams, did anyone besides me notice that they both had several good blocks in the game? This will be an important part of our team.

Big Game

Living The Dream
Regarding Quick and Williams, did anyone besides me notice that they both had several good blocks in the game? This will be an important part of our team.

Not only did Quick and Williams block well but Quick caught a nice ball for a first down on either a slant or out pattern in the first preseason game. Don't give up on Quick just yet he is in a one year prove deal.

But regarding Spruce and Duke i think they both can make the 53

…..

Legend
I just don't see us suiting up 11 recievers lol

damn those last two weeks of training camp are going to get intense

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
:wtf:We are going to cut some guys the Niners will pick up!

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I just don't see us suiting up 11 recievers lol

damn those last two weeks of training camp are going to get intense
No joke.
It's the most compelling camp battle I can remember, the deep competition automatically improves a position group that needs it most.
Those final Hard Knocks episodes won't be lacking in serious drama me thinks.
Have to think Britt, TA, Quick and Cooper are safe barring some unexpected turn of events.
If we go with 6, two spots on the final 53 are up for grabs between
Marquez, Thomas, Spruce and Williams.
1 likely goes to PS, the rest get axed.
And then there is the possibility that North, McRoberts, Hill (or whoever!) makes a big move and the decision making even more difficult.

Austin

Rookie
Name
Douglas
Yeah, the receiver battles are engrossing. Unfortunately, it's Tavon, Cooper, Mike Thomas with the recent drops, and those are guys we are (or I believe we're planning on) keeping. Meanwhile, Spruce and Duke look good, and Quick was real encouraging. Is there a clear-cut #1? Not yet. Maybe none of these guys are that, but several of them have the potential to get there, or get damn close.

What makes it all the more exciting is having a QB coming up in Goff who can consistently hit tight windows, and place the ball where our receivers will have a good chance at it. That hasn't always been the case... no pun intended.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
In regards to Brian Quick....did anyone else get that sick feeling he will never grow up and into a player while watching him role that vehicle on Hard Knocks?
Like many have said, Britt was driving...And, I like him hanging with Britt....Contrary to many, I believe both Quick and Britt have #1 wr potential. It helps to have a mind like Groh around to reinforce this...and feed these gentlemen the ball...The 2 positions on the field that require another to succeed are receiver & running back. While his mental approach has waned...that is, he didn't get all the plays & checks, physically he can get it done...this is 2016...We should be forcing the ball on passing situations to our bigger targets...The best thing that could have happend in last game for Britt & Quick is, the COACHES, FANS, and PLAYERS all saw some interesting things happen to the offense. Constantly sending the pass plays to guys smaller than 6'0 resulted in negative consequences and KILLED drives...Just like last year, while Kendricks, Higbee, Britt, Quick, McRoberts, and SPRUCE had a positive effect on the game...and on the drives...I'm sure Groh, Fish, and Boras took note, and we should see an adjusting philosophy...
Sure one game, 1st game...yada yada yada:blah:, any of you ex/current coaches know, one game matters...and can change your career. I like guys that PERFORM, when the camera's ON. the guys running to do extra juggs work...well, be ready for the next time..while the guys that have ALREADY BEEN DOING IT, reap the rewards....Are you really tired of losing? Then support the guys that perform, consistently...when the rock is in the air. Not sometimey.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
I'd rather cut Quick in favor of Williams. Quick has had too many chances to prove himself only to let down. It's time to move on and not lose out on someone who can be better than him.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
I didn't even see the show but I know from the teaser for sure it was Britt driving.

Dumb and dumber. That's pretty good.

Here is some clips from Britt & Quick's little adventure R. Snow

3670513_std.jpg

addon.php

tumblr_o1mrcxxB8o1uua2jvo1_500.gif

golfcart2.gif

Last edited:

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
From what I saw of Wr's yesterday. Britt and Quick were the best 2 of the practice. Thomas with another drop, duke was working hard, I think he;s ahead of Thomas. Forget North, unless a light goes on upstairs he's not in the mix.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
From what I saw of Wr's yesterday. Britt and Quick were the best 2 of the practice. Thomas with another drop, duke was working hard, I think he;s ahead of Thomas. Forget North, unless a light goes on upstairs he's not in the mix.

Yea I'm not surprised bubbaram.. Those two have size and experience on their side. I'm okay if Quick makes the 53 if he truly belongs when the final cuts are made.. The strength of Duke and the flash of McRoberts are putting pressure on Thomas to perform vs the Chiefs.

The thing with Thomas is that he's known to make the contested catches and is supposed to be a deep threat. I'm wondering if Boras dials up a Thomas go/fly pattern and what ever QB just launches it high so we can see if he makes that money reception.

Seems like the generic Top 9 value rankings right now going into the Chiefs game would be maybe this.

(not counting SP Teams value)

1. Austin
2. Britt
3. Spruce
4. Cooper
5. Quick
6. Duke
7. McRoberts
8. Marquez
9.Thomas

Last edited:

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I didn't see a lot of deep balls yesterday. They did do a lot of work on short passes to RB's coming out of the backfield. Both Gurley and Cunningham have very good hands.Fisher and the other coaches were all over this and I expect to see more pass to RB's in the KC game. The OL was giving all the QB's time (most of the time)