Duke Williams looking for a Fresh Start

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I'm really leery of violent incidents. Smoking weed is one thing, but this is not that passive.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Here's the thing...

We will probably carry 6 WR's.

Only 2 are absolute locks to make the team, Britt and Austin.

We currently have 12 WR's on the roster.

That means 10 players are competing for 4 spots.

I think Cooper and Thomas have the inside track on 2 spots, although not locks.

So that leaves 8 players battling for 2 spots, huh?

I would recommend not falling in love with ANY of these candidates just yet. The competition is gonna be absolutely fierce at WR this camp. But the players will sort out the pecking order the old fashioned way, as always. The ones that make the 53 will have definitely earned it this year.

Let's enjoy the ride.
I think Cooper and Thomas are locks.
They've given Quick almost a half of a decade. I think Cooper and Thomas will get at least one season.

JC-3

UDFA
Name
JC-3
I'm really leery of violent incidents. Smoking weed is one thing, but this is not that passive.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Violent incidents can be attributed to many things... One being depression, as this guy undoubtedly had... It "could" validate the Bi-Polar diagnosis from Brent.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I just texted my nephew (by marriage) Brent, who coached him at Auburn, and I asked him "What's your take on Duke Williams while you coached him at Auburn?" His response was "The kid is a stud! Bi-polar though......

He then texted me that one time Duke Williams took off a week from football without telling anyone when he was at Auburn, and came back to practice like nothing had happened. Gus Malzahn was livid to say the least.

The text's continue: So I asked him "how do you think he will fit in with the Rams?" and he says, "As long as he takes his medicine on a daily bases, he should be fine". Great.
Brandon Marshall is Bi-polar too. As long as he stays on his meds and straight in the head ... no problem with it

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Brandon Marshall is Bi-polar too. As long as he stays on his meds and straight in the head ... no problem with it

You beat me to that one... Marshall was the 1st thing that came to mind when I heard bi-polar.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Hope the young man has learned from his mistakes. He's definitely got talent.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Yeah... well... been rooting for these guys since Gabriel was QB'ing... and while it has been fun overall, it has been sparse lately. (Isn't that an understatement??!) What really get's me is the fact that most years, the season is over in October... just trying to avoid THAT letdown again....
You can believe me when I tell you I know how you Feel. I have been a Fan since 1951! But I'm a Die Hard Fan! And I won't stop!

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I saw a whole game of him---he doesn't look like he will beat corners in the NFL, with his speed/big body, but 'no' technique while running college patterns---at least not what do I know? NOt a lot. He looked hesitant and/or lazy as a blocker.

If he has talent, he still has to learn the system, and even 1st round WRs have troubles their first year/years. I don't see him contributing at all the first 8-10--practice squad at best...what do I know---not a lot!

IF Quick doesn't get up and running, it will be a frustrating season.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Hope he is for real.
He's the real deal....real talent 12....Several of these udfa's have serious talent...really like Marquez North too...

I asked him "What's your take on Duke Williams while you coached him at Auburn?" His response was "The kid is a stud! Bi-polar though......The text's continue: So I asked him "how do you think he will fit in with the Rams?" and he says, "As long as he takes his medicine on a daily bases, he should be fine".
just wow! I thought of B. Marshall...

Brandon Marshall is Bi-polar too.
First thing that came to my mind....
I wonder...see, in LA, there are a bunch of "hoods"...I mean, places that most of you would never believe existed unless you visited. This is rough living... Where else can one see death, poverty, illiteracy, drug-addiction, down-right evil, and then pockets of compassion & kindness? I still say, it's part of dna, but mostly how you're raised that shape a human. Being somewhat up, then down is almost a way of life...You get used to it...you mirror it. It's you.... I once asked my friend, who lives like a mile from the coliseum, a very rough neighborhood, why don't you leave? He replied, "man how? who'd want to stay here if they could move?" never thought of that...The parish duke came outta, St. John's??? Looks like a typical hood...a project really, were people have to fight to get ahead, typically have the worst public education, and everything else that goes with poverty (poor health, poor nutrition, poor opportunities)
Duke has a chance. A serious opportunity, but from the looks of him, he's been away from the game...the training...so long that he doesn't look real conditioned. I guess this is why he ran a 4.7 since his tape looks faster.
I think the PS is gonna be loaded....the dude from Colorado...McRoberts, and my personal favorite, Marquez North are all in a battle. I see a couple of them raided after some injuries...but if we could keep Duke & North....definitely for the 2017 season, we'd be ahead of the curve in retaining wr talent for Goff in the future.
OFF TOPIC: Hotanez just notice the New Avatar
@hotanez
I just noticed your new avatar as well...and I agree with Dave 1000%

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I think he will stick. People will hate him for how he's acted (and let's face it) and how he will act in the future. We will suffer a little while he grows up but he is far superior to what we have now. He will eventually grow up, let's hope it's soon. He will have outbursts, he's an emotional person. Be patient with him
He's our personal, TO, ocho-cinco, Ryan Leaf and Ray Rice all rolled up into one. Let's hope he works out more like TO and 81 than RR or RL. :)
Say what you want about Ray Rice.He sure was a better draft pick coming out year later ,than Brian Leonard.Leonard played well for the Bengals as a back up,& special teams.
- Ray Rice was a solid electric RB.
Ryan Leaf is a whole different story.