Duke Williams looking for a Fresh Start

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
I think he will stick. People will hate him for how he's acted (and let's face it) and how he will act in the future. We will suffer a little while he grows up but he is far superior to what we have now. He will eventually grow up, let's hope it's soon. He will have outbursts, he's an emotional person. Be patient with him
He's our personal, TO, ocho-cinco, Ryan Leaf and Ray Rice all rolled up into one. Let's hope he works out more like TO and 81 than RR or RL. :)

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
His trainer said hes worked with Dez, Crabtree, Sammy Watkins and a few others and he puts him right up there with those guys in terms of talent. That is good company if he can come anywhere close to those guys and stay out of trouble the rams may have struck gold.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Imagine if Duke, Thomas, and Pharoah all reach their potential, and do it faster than we've had in recent years. We have the potential to have a good offense.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
...problem for me is - I've been living on potential, for years now! ;)

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
He already has changed. You hear it, don't you?

I love. Love. Love the kid. I might even cry if he gets cut.

His abilities- gracefulness and naturalness. Strength. Everything we wanted from Brian Quick that Quick seems to lack.

His maturity and work ethic. His iron fortitude, forged through fire. Stand him up against Ezekiel Eliott, Johnny Manziel, Janoris Jenkins and RGme. I ask you to select the mature man and the best athlete. Pick one for your team.
I got my guy. Who you got?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Here's to hoping that he has changed. If he has, then he'll definitely make the team along with Pharoh Cooper and Mike Thomas.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Considering the fact he played for Auburn I'm sure Snead has seen a lot of him, and will give him every shot possible to make the Team!
IF the Kid means what he says, he'll be a winner!!

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
I hope this guy lives up to his talent. He's going to need to work hard to even get snaps on this team though, the receiver depth chart is very deep and he is going to have to battle all summer to get on the field. That said with him Britt, and Quick on the outside and Austin, Cooper and Thomas inside the team looks a million times better than last years offense.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
I hope this guy lives up to his talent. He's going to need to work hard to even get snaps on this team though, the receiver depth chart is very deep and he is going to have to battle all summer to get on the field. That said with him Britt, and Quick on the outside and Austin, Cooper and Thomas inside the team looks a million times better than last years offense.

I could not have expressed my thoughts better both in terms Williams and the top 5 receivers on the depth chart.

Rocko

UDFA
I just texted my nephew (by marriage) Brent, who coached him at Auburn, and I asked him "What's your take on Duke Williams while you coached him at Auburn?" His response was "The kid is a stud! Bi-polar though......

He then texted me that one time Duke Williams took off a week from football without telling anyone when he was at Auburn, and came back to practice like nothing had happened. Gus Malzahn was livid to say the least.

The text's continue: So I asked him "how do you think he will fit in with the Rams?" and he says, "As long as he takes his medicine on a daily bases, he should be fine". Great.

Last edited:

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
"As long as he takes his medicine on a daily bases, he should be fine". Great.

That is hilarious.
It might be a good idea to get that medication pre-approved by Goodell first. :)

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Here's the thing...

We will probably carry 6 WR's.

Only 2 are absolute locks to make the team, Britt and Austin.

We currently have 12 WR's on the roster.

That means 10 players are competing for 4 spots.

I think Cooper and Thomas have the inside track on 2 spots, although not locks.

So that leaves 8 players battling for 2 spots, huh?

I would recommend not falling in love with ANY of these candidates just yet. The competition is gonna be absolutely fierce at WR this camp. But the players will sort out the pecking order the old fashioned way, as always. The ones that make the 53 will have definitely earned it this year.

Let's enjoy the ride.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm so tired of the talented freak types that lack consistent production. If Duke can avoid being that guy, yeah, that'd be great. But what the Rams are looking for is actual PRODUCTION. A guy who can step the F up and produce on a consistent basis in the passing game, not flash in practice or a game then disappear for long stretches.

So best of luck to him. But the Rams better vet this guy thoroughly if they decide to risk a roster spot on him.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
As a Fan we have to " Keep the Faith Man!"(y):shades::cheers:

Yeah... well... been rooting for these guys since Gabriel was QB'ing... and while it has been fun overall, it has been sparse lately. (Isn't that an understatement??!) What really get's me is the fact that most years, the season is over in October... just trying to avoid THAT letdown again....