Duck's Non-Warmack Dream Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

duckhunter

Starter
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.draftnikcentral.com/dream-draft/view.cfm?id=74#player_comments" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.draftnikcentral.com/dream-dr ... r_comments</a>

Even an idget such as me, can put a pretty draft together which ties into all the player info. My hindsight draft from last year is stored for viewing alongside everybody else's with all last year's player info. Takes the horsefeathers and gunsmoke out of it when I say I would have done this or that.

Concerning the draft, I want Warmack but he won't be there. I don't think either line is a completed project so I focused on adding one quality big men each on the lines and still addressed the main holes at safeties and WRs.

When the actual draft is completed, I will do a hindsight draft based on who was available when the Rams selected. So chances are my final hindsight draft which I will document on draftnikcentral probably will be different from this dream draft.

Our buddy Ramzee has put this site together.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Cool, I don't like taking a DT in the 1st, but I get Sheldon Richardson is a stud. I'd be pretty surprised if Carolina doesn't take him.

The rest of the picks we agree on haha.

duckhunter

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Angry Ram said:
Cool, I don't like taking a DT in the 1st, but I get Sheldon Richardson is a stud. I'd be pretty surprised if Carolina doesn't take him.

The rest of the picks we agree on haha.

I think Warmack doesn't get by Carolina so we take Richardson by default. Next year, on these dream drafts I'm working in Alt 1 and Alt 2 along with a much more fleshed out analysis.

We sure are with Hopkins and Swearinger. Lacy very well could be Fish's man.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I'm not sure about Hopkins at 22.

Richardson feels like a luxury, but it wouldn't surprise me if we took him.

I love Swope in the 4th, but he probably goes earlier?

Sent from my mom's basement using Tapatalk HD

Angry Ram

CGI_Ram said:

I wasn't so sure about him either, but I've reading on him. "Nuke" seems like the surest thing in the draft.

Size? Check.

Hands? Check.

Speed? Check.

Injury history? Check.

Experience? Check.

In other words, he's the only WR I've seen w/o any major issues.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Angry Ram said:
CGI_Ram said:

I wasn't so sure about him either, but I've reading on him. "Nuke" seems like the surest thing in the draft.

Size? Check.

Hands? Check.

Speed? Check.

Injury history? Check.

Experience? Check.

Speed isn't a check.

It's not so much about him lacking flaws as it is...where does he stand out? I don't dislike Hopkins. I think he has Hakeem Nicks type potential but it also wouldn't shock me if he ended up being another Jabar Gaffney or Reche Caldwell(average possession WR).

I personally think there's better value to be had.

But it's a good mock, Duck. Different but good.

duckhunter

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Here's my thoughts on the Richardson pick. At 16, El Jeffe will be hoping that a top 10 talent drops and very little in the way of personality baggage. I think Richardson mighjt be the guy, but it could be Warmack or someone else just as easily. Richardson has some baggage running his mouth against Alabama when he did but that is easily correctable with telling him to always praise your opponents and don't give them ammo to put on their bulletin board. Richardson is arguable the best penetrator which complements Brockers and Langford. There is some truth to the statement that he is a luxory when looking at from this year's roster perspective but 3 years out he looks good as a fixture next to Brockers. For a big man he plays hard every down and his first step quickness is exceptional. This projection is a selection based essentially on BPA and who I think is available then.

Concerning the Hopkins pick. Yeah, he is not exceptional in any particular area but very good in all areas. He's more a safe, high floor pick than a high ceiling pick. What I particularly like is his production improved each year which tells me he was figuring it out. His hands are very good or else I wouldn't take him in the 1st. He proved his detractors wrong this year on the field versus just talking about it which is the way it should be. Where Richardson is a pick with an eye to the future, Hopkins is a polished here now pick that can contribut right away.

I can easily see the Rams going a different way throughout the draft with different types of players and more geared to need early. There's about 3 or 4 ways for the Rams to go which will affect the rest of how the picks fall.

Angry Ram

jrry32 said:
Angry Ram said:
CGI_Ram said:

Size? Check.

Hands? Check.

Speed? Check.

Injury history? Check.

Experience? Check.

Speed isn't a check.

It's not so much about him lacking flaws as it is...where does he stand out? I don't dislike Hopkins. I think he has Hakeem Nicks type potential but it also wouldn't shock me if he ended up being another Jabar Gaffney or Reche Caldwell(average possession WR).

I personally think there's better value to be had.

But it's a good mock, Duck. Different but good.

Game speed. I don't care about 40 times. He's looks to be a good route runner (for a rookie) and can get separation.

History of 2nd round WRs don't show immediate impact for the most part (at least a full time guy) as rookies, and for better or for worse the Rams need a guy that can fill both the now and future.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Angry Ram said:
Game speed. I don't care about 40 times. He's looks to be a good route runner (for a rookie) and can get separation.

History of 2nd round WRs don't show immediate impact for the most part (at least a full time guy) as rookies, and for better or for worse the Rams need a guy that can fill both the now and future.

And yet two of the most productive WRs last year were 2nd and 4th rounders. Another was a 3rd rounder. I don't care about history. These players are all their own man.