Duck's Final Dream Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

duckhunter

Starter
Who doesn't think that Snisher will not make at least one trade. So I added a trade with Atlanta in the 1st moving up for pass rush help. The trade down allowed me to grab WR Woods at 30 and Bailey in the 3rd in lieu of my previous Hopkins pick at 22. Plus, it enabled me the flexibility to add some players that probably wouldn't have been options without the trade. Enjoy.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.draftnikcentral.com/dream-draft/view.cfm?id=89#player_comments" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.draftnikcentral.com/dream-dr ... r_comments</a>

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I'd be down with that Duck.

Woods is a good fit, IMO, and if Richardson grows up a little, he could help contribute to a dominate defense. I probably wouldn't pick Lacy, but I understand the logic.

JoeBo21

Hall of Fame
yea if they get their guy at 16, trading 22 for a later pick and a 1st next year would be awesome

Richardson would be perfect with Brockers and Woods is a great pick. I think he's definitely being underrated along with Justin Hunter who isn't talked about that much but I think he's got a lot of potential

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
NIce draft - the only one I'm not 100% sold on is Lacy, but like Dr Ram - I can understand the logic, my argument is that a Rookie RB is also un-proven.

I would have probably taken Barrett Jones in the second and AN other in the fourth....

duckhunter

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If it is not Lacy or Bell for a big RB, another guy I really like is Cierre Wood, Penn ST. He's got good size and runs between the tackles well. He's got good hands and can make the first guy miss. Over his career, he's been in a rotational system with Riddick but still has 2500 yds from scrimmage. He will be there about the 6th if they want a late round guy.

Shaun, in my no trades draft I've got Barrett in the 3rd as our developmental C for the future. So I'm on the same page with you there.

One thing I noticed in doing this draft is that with only one trade down it opens up the options to go many ways and get quality players whichever way they choose to go. It's not as a restrictive.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
I'm on board with everything, except your first pick. I'm not sure I can get stoked about picking a DT at 16. Even if a guy like Star falls because of health concerns. I understand that, based on talent, Richardson is a very good pick at 16. However there are serious questions about his motivation and work ethic.

If we are going to pick a non-need position at 16, it should be spent on a cant missed prospect. IMO Richardson is not a cant miss prospect.

duckhunter

Starter
libertadrocks said:
I'm on board with everything, except your first pick. I'm not sure I can get stoked about picking a DT at 16. Even if a guy like Star falls because of health concerns. I understand that, based on talent, Richardson is a very good pick at 16. However there are serious questions about his motivation and work ethic.

If we are going to pick a non-need position at 16, it should be spent on a cant missed prospect. IMO Richardson is not a cant miss prospect.

Noted. Here's my thoughts. The risk is always there to some extent. We don't know what any of these guys will do when they get the first big check. AfroRams has stated that he believes Richardson needs to get away from home, the ST Louis area, to be able to focus on becoming the player he is capable of being. Maybe so, so he doesn't have the distractions.

I just see a kid who eats sleeps and lives football so I believe the motivation is there. Not many linemen will chase a play 20-30 yds down the field. That's effort on the level of Chris Long who would be an excellent example for this kid.

We only get so many shots at these exceptional quality big men so I don't mind pulling the trigger on big, very talented guys early if they are on the field high motor also.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
duckhunter said:
libertadrocks said:

Noted. Here's my thoughts. The risk is always there to some extent. We don't know what any of these guys will do when they get the first big check. AfroRams has stated that he believes Richardson needs to get away from home, the ST Louis area, to be able to focus on becoming the player he is capable of being. Maybe so, so he doesn't have the distractions.

I just see a kid who eats sleeps and lives football so I believe the motivation is there. Not many linemen will chase a play 20-30 yds down the field. That's effort on the level of Chris Long who would be an excellent example for this kid.

We only get so many shots at these exceptional quality big men so I don't mind pulling the trigger on big, very talented guys early if they are on the field high motor also.

He was an absolute beast this last year. He had an unstoppable motor. I have heard many speculate that added effort level he exhibited was to appeal to NFL teams. In other words, he was motivated to score a payday.

His junior year he didnt flash the dominance or the motor. He didnt even start. Before that he was at a JuCo because of academic problem. Let me tell you, the University of Missouri is not a hard school.

duckhunter

Starter
libertadrocks said:
duckhunter said:
libertadrocks said:

He was an absolute beast this last year. He had an unstoppable motor. I have heard many speculate that added effort level he exhibited was to appeal to NFL teams. In other words, he was motivated to score a payday.

His junior year he didnt flash the dominance or the motor. He didnt even start. Before that he was at a JuCo because of academic problem. Let me tell you, the University of Missouri is not a hard school.
What do you mean? That basket weaving class I took at MIZZOU in the early 70s was one of the toughest things I ever did. Then that golf class was ridiculous hitting that little white ball. If that big breasted teacher didn't have those tight little shorts on I would have skipped it more often.

Richardson somehow made Big 12 honorable mention in 11 so it wasn't a complete bust. But I've even said he has the smell of a one year wonder to him. It was time for him to come out and 14 tackles against the Alabama OLine is scary good.

Whether Snisher takes a chance I don't know but I wouldn't put it past them.