Dubs BIG BOARD...specificly relates to the Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Again, 125 prospects...I do wonder why no love for Nelson Aghlor, but can't complain...Check it out and post your impressions down yonder....Enjoy....
http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2015-n...015-nfl-draft-st-louis-rams-top-125-big-board

2015 NFL Draft: St. Louis Rams' Top-125 Big Board
By Frank "Dubs" Dobozy

The 2015 NFL Scouting Combine began yesterday in Indianapolis. Who will the Rams be watching as the week progresses? What will their Big Board look like Post-Combine?

The 2015 NFL Scouting Combine began yesterday in Indianapolis. For draft prospects, the Combine is an important step in the evaluation process leading up to the NFL Draft in April. In the meantime, NFL teams are in the midst of creating their draft boards. Those boards will likely be adjusted after the Combine to reflect individual player results, prospect interviews and medical examinations.
There are many different types of draft boards. The configuration of a draft board is limited only by the imagination of the individuals who create them. The 125-player draft board included herein is team specific. I create my initial board every year in February. The board lists the various team positions, then places players into rounds 1-7 at each position. It consists of players I believe should be of interest to the Rams at various points in the draft, and an estimation of the round each player will be selected in. If one your favourites didn't make the board, it's likely because of the self-imposed 125-player limit. A typical NFL draft value board consists of anywhere from 75 to 140 players.

star.png
2015 NFL Draft
star.png

2015 NFL Mock Draft: Rams - 7 Rounds (Nov.) 2015 NFL Draft: Ranking The Top 5 At Each Position

SB Nation's Danny Kelly wrote a fine article last March examining how players land on a teams draft board. Greg Gabriel, a retired scout with 29 years in the NFL, outlined how NFL teams put together a Big Board for the draft, in an article published last year.

The accompanying chart presents my first St. Louis Rams Top-125 Big Board of the year:

Observations And Commentary

There are 95 prospects listed in the first three rounds, with just 30 listed in the remaining rounds. The Rams only have 2 selections beyond the first three rounds (5th and 7th). By comparison, the Rams entered the 2014 NFL Draft with 8 picks in rounds 4 through 7. The board is weighted to reflect the dearth of late-round picks in the 2015 NFL Draft.

The board is comprised of 71 offensive players and 54 defensive players. The disparity in numbers between offensive and defensive players is a reflection of the Rams' needs on offense relative to their needs on defense. There are far more holes to address on the offensive side of the football. To further complicate matters, the Rams have 14 players (currently on the roster) eligible for Free Agency on March 10. 11 of them are on offense, while only 3 are on defense.

There are 34 offensive linemen on the board, easily the highest number among the positional groupings/units. Prioritization of team needs and offensive line depth in the draft are the primary reasons for the high number. The offensive line will likely be the Rams' biggest need heading into the draft.

The Rams currently have 5 selections in the 2015 NFL Draft. NFL compensatory picks are normally announced in the third week of March. The formula for determining compensatory picks is closely guarded by the NFL. Net gains/losses of players in Free Agency is the biggest determining factor in assigning compensatory picks. Average annual value of the contract signed with a new team also plays a significant role. Small adjustments are made for playing time and post-season honors.

The Rams lost four players who qualify for compensatory picks: Kellen Clemens, Chris Williams, Shelley Smith and Darian Stewart. In turn, the Rams signed four Free Agents who enter into the equation: Shaun Hill, Alex Carrington, Kenny Britt and Davin Joseph. Chris Williams holds the key in the compensation pick discussion. He signed a 4-year $13.15 million contract with the Bills (the highest value of the 8 players mentioned), yet only started three games while battling injuries. It's reasonable to suggest the Rams could receive one compensatory pick (likely in the 7th round).

In last weeks look at the top collegiate players at each position, I highlighted the strengths/weaknesses in this years draft, the draft's composition and the Rams' team needs.

10 players to watch at this weeks Combine:

• Brandon Bridge - QB - South Alabama
  • Brett Hundley - QB - UCLA
  • David Johnson - RB - Northern Iowa
  • Kevin White - WR - West Virginia
  • La'el Collins - G/T - LSU
  • Brandon Scherff - G/T - Iowa
  • Cameron Erving - C/T - Florida St.
  • Ereck Flowers - OT - Miami (Fla.)
  • Mario Edwards Jr. - DL - Florida St.
  • Eric Kendricks - LB - UCLA
The ten players listed are among my favorite prospects in the upcoming draft. Let the Combine begin!!

small_turfshowtimes.com.minimal.png

edit: Dag nabit! I guess I need to make my own chart & paste it...but they were lined up in round projected order....hit the link to see the actual post...
edit #2..much better,NOT
edit#3..click the link...I tried, turned it into a PDF..it'a a nice table... I guess I need more Console.WriteLine.....int.Parse....decimal.ToString...something...LOL

Attachments

• Top2.pdf
    221.2 KB · Views: 276
Last edited:

Athos

Legend
Again, 125 prospects...I do wonder why no love for Nelson Aghlor, but can't complain...Check it out and post your impressions down yonder....Enjoy....

Aghlor is, imo, an inferior prospect compared to Woods and Lee, and ultimately, when all was said and done and it was draft day, I wasn't really feeling much at all about those WRs.

USC system just makes it really easy on WRs to the point of making them far superior than what their NFL production would be imo. At least in the last couple of years in particular.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
USC system just makes it really easy on WRs to the point of making them far superior than what their NFL production would be imo. At least in the last couple of years in particular.
Interesting take...I'd also look out for George Farmer too....due to injuries, Lee & Woods haven't been able to really show what they are about...I do expect better play from Woods this season and better number since EJ will be a 3rd year QB. The same for Lee will be my expectation in 2016....