DT Ra'Zahn Howard may be a fit for the Rams in the supplemental draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, ... we did sign Cam Thomas to fit that mold, and his is also a 1 year contract. I don't really see Easley becoming a factor regarding what we may or may not do with Howard, but i'm guessing Thomas could be. I see Easley as more of a competitor for Hayes' job if he is re-signed next year. jmo.
Cam Thomas most likely doesn't make the roster. I mean he's just an average at best player the steelers didn't want.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Cam Thomas most likely doesn't make the roster. I mean he's just an average at best player the steelers didn't want.

I bet he makes it and gets some playing time when Brockers needs a breather he is the only other big run stuffing D tackle on the roster.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
I bet he makes it and gets some playing time when Brockers needs a breather he is the only other big run stuffing D tackle on the roster.
Eh too much depth I would much rather have Westbrooks Easley and Longacre rotate

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Eh too much depth I would much rather have Westbrooks Easley and Longacre rotate

Williams knows how to use his front 4 in multiple applications as need dictates, but the Rams have been deficient at run blocking. While Cam Thomas is the one true run blocking NT/DT built for this rotational role with Brockers, he could also spell Donald so the Rams could occasionally spot both Brockers and Thomas on the interior for those short yardage and goal line rush plays. Obviously, Thomas would have to make the 53 for this option to become available, but outside of Brockers, the Rams don't currently have other truly big men to fill such a role. Howard may be another option, but doubtful he'll see much time on the field as a late entry rookie, more likely a year two candidate like Battle, ... and that's only if the Rams can outbid 31 other teams in the supplemental with a 5'th or 6'th round pick. jmo.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Word I'm reading is his pro day was horrible and teams are saying he's undraftable now.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Word I'm reading is his pro day was horrible and teams are saying he's undraftable now.
Here's my thing, you can hear him in the interview say he is a nose tackle. I think he is selling himself short, there is no reason he can't play DE in a 3-4 and DT in a 4-3 he needs to shed some pounds. That is what is holding him back imo

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
Here's my thing, you can hear him in the interview say he is a nose tackle. I think he is selling himself short, there is no reason he can't play DE in a 3-4 and DT in a 4-3 he needs to shed some pounds. That is what is holding him back imo

If you can bring him to camp as an UDFA fine, otherwise, with the shortage of picks next year, Pass.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
So you want him ?? At what price ??

Is Battle worth his weight ?? The Rams have so much young depth at OL. Who gets cut ?? I find that more interesting .

RamzFanz

Damnit
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ayers-were-selected-in-nfl-supplemental-draft

No players selected in 2016 NFL Supplemental Draft

As expected, none of the six players available in Thursday's NFL Supplemental Draft were selected.

This is the third time in the past four years that no player was selected in the supplemental draft. Last year, the Rams gave up a fifth-round selection in the 2016 NFL Draft to pick offensive tackle Isaiah Battle of Clemson. Two months later, the Rams cut Battle but signed him to their practice squad just before the start of the season. Teams that select a player in the supplemental draft lose a draft choice in the corresponding round of the next year's NFL draft.

Notable supplemental draft picks
Check out the top NFL players to come from the supplemental draft.
Battle had been the first player selected in the NFL's Supplemental Draft since the Cleveland Brownsselected receiver Josh Gordon in 2012.

The players who were eligible for this year's supplemental draft were Virginia Tech long snapper Eddie D'Antuono, Purdue DL Ra'Zahn Howard, Sam Houston State RB Jalen Overstreet, Ole Miss CB Tee Shepard, WR Rashaun Simonise of Calgary, Canada, and Concordia (Ala.) DE Cameron Walton.

Following the draft, Simonise's agent, Brian Brundage,tweeted that the Bengals had signed the wide receiver. Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle reported that the Texans have agreed to terms with Howard. The remaining four players are still available to be signed by teams as rookie free agents.

Overstreet was among several Texas players dismissed by Charlie Strong two years ago as Strong began his first season as the Longhorns' coach. Overstreet transferred to Sam Houston State and rushed for 821 yards last season, but trouble with the law has put his football career in jeopardy. Overstreet had been indicted by a grand jury on a felony charge of credit or debit card abuse. However, Overstreet had his charge dropped, a source informed of his situation told NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport.