DT Henry Melton talking to Hawks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
If he does indeed sign w/ them another reason why going Robinson then Martin in Rd 1 might just prove what the team needs!

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Funny how the Seacocks are copying OUR method of defensive success: Build up a strong, talented, and DEEP front four.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd rather this not happen. Before his injury, he was a top 5 UT in the NFL.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
Melton is a player that deep down, even though I knew it wouldn't happen, I was hoping the a Rams would pursue. If he comes back even close to 100% he'll be a giant headache to face twice a season.

This is not the kind of news I was hoping for first thing Sunday morning.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I'd rather this not happen. Before his injury, he was a top 5 UT in the NFL.

BTW jrry, I've been razzing you a bit lately. I just wanted you to know its all in fun. I think a lot of you as a poster and Rams fan. That goes for everyone on here.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Just got an update on this while creeping on the Squawks forum. MIN, SEA, and DAL are all in the running for Melton. McDonald left Seattle without a contract and is now visiting a very desperate DAL team. DAL lost Ware and Hatcher and may be willing to throw the most money at Melton.

Seattle is in a tough spot, as well. They just lost two of their top tier DT's in McDonald and Bryant. Seattle looks hesitant to start a bidding war with the lucrative contracts of Wilson, Earl Thomas, and Sherman steadily getting closer.

MIN is in a bit of a flux with their DL being Allen is driving a hard bargain on the open. They also are in need of a true "run stuffing DT." MIN appears to be the lesser of the three.

Melton also indicated he's "intrigued" by SEA. Not surprising being MIN and especially DAL appear to lack a lot of stability.

Last edited: