Drunk Jaguars CB arrested after trying to use gum as currency

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/11/17/7235919/dwayne-gratz-arrest-bubble-gum-miami

As it turns out, bubble gum is not an accepted form of legal tender in the state of Florida. That's an inconvenient policy that Jacksonville Jaguars cornerback Dwayne Gratz discovered the hard way over the weekend when he was arrested in Miami for misdemeanor charges of disorderly intoxication and trespassing.

Gratz was arrested at 5:43 a.m. ET after police responded to a disturbance at a Miami Beach store, according to police reports obtained by Ryan O'Halloran of The Florida Times-Union. The report claims that a drunken Gratz attempted to purchase items with gum and refused to leave the store.

Gratz, who was torched by Dez Bryant in London last week, was the only Jaguars player not present at practice on Monday. Head coach Gus Bradley referred to "an unfortunate situation" but would not discuss specifics.

"I'll meet with him and we'll handle it internally," Bradley said. "It's not good what took place, but it is a matter we have to investigate even more when he gets back here. I want to talk to him and we'll handle some things with him."

The Jaguars were on a bye last week and play the Indianapolis Colts this Sunday.

In fairness to Gratz, he had never been to Miami before. How was he supposed to know about their quirky monetary system?

View: https://twitter.com/DJG24_7/status/533431066703704066

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Yeah, Gratz is literally retarded. That much has been known. This doesn't help him any though.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

If I worked at a gas station, and someone paid me in Bubbalicious strawberry gum, I'd give them whatever the hell they want. I fucking love that gum, and it's so hard to find nowadays...

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Worst part was that his breath smelled like a thousand fingers and pocket lint.

Walter

Rookie
Anyone watch Trailer Park Boys on Netflix? This reminds me of Ricky paying everyone in hash coins. It works for Ricky.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Every time i read the thread title i picture a bunch of drunk jaguars passed out under a shade tree.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
What's so ironic is that gum can be one of the best currencies to carry around, and it is international. A stick of gum has gotten me hotel room, car rental, and airline seat upgrades. It's a phenomenal gift for someone who otherwise is often unappreciated.