Drops %

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
I was going to do that a while back, but decided against it because it would seem like I was blasting everyone but Bradford. In order to be fair and objective, I'd have to make a video of all his incompletions, and that will take a while to put together. So I'm not sure what I'm gonna do about that. I might just do all of his throws over 15 yards again, because that showed both sides.
That would be so amazing! Anything to fill this gaping hole of non-RAMS slow time that is occupying my body...

Alan

Legend
-X- talking about one tool in the tool bag:
I mean, if you're getting paid millions (or at least hundreds of thousands of dollars), is it too much to ask to be able to catch a football? Some of his screens lacked touch, but that should be an indictment of his inability to set up a screen. Not that he throws too hard.
I've seen too many line drive corner fade route passes that hit the defender in the back and attempts to throw it through the trees instead of over them on screens to completely agree with your point here but it's certainly not unreasonable reasonable to expect more from guys whose job it is to catch the ball. It's two different issues in my mind. He needs to have more tools in his tool bag to be a successful QB IMO.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Always seemed to me that there were more drops than usual, and that they came at really bad times. There weren't a shit-ton of drops, they just... picked really bad times to experience them.

The issue always seemed more one of WR inexperience, and guys not sight-adjusting their routes based on reading coverages or recognizing blitzes.

PrometheusFaulk

Starter
The thing that really stands out to me is not so much the "drops" but just the missed opportunities with Givens. 36 catches on 83 targets is definitely an area of opportunity for improvement. Some of that appeared to me anyway to be a lack of rapport between him and KC.

I don't know what Givens' role will be next season, but if he's going to continue to be a primary deep read those plays need to be more on the money.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I've heard that a lot, but some of the best passers in the history of the game threw bullets. Favre, Marino, Elway, etc. I mean, if you're getting paid millions (or at least hundreds of thousands of dollars), is it too much to ask to be able to catch a football? Especially if that's your job? But aside from that, Bradford doesn't throw that hard in short range, in my opinion. At least not from all the games I've rewatched over and over. Some of his screens lacked touch, but that should be an indictment of his inability to set up a screen. Not that he throws too hard.

I don't know if you've ever had a chance to put on the gloves that they wear in games, but it's literally impossible to drop the ball. The non static surface the gloves provide is essentially like having hands like Spider Man. You can't even rub anything off onto your skin because they don't slide. That's the biggest reason why it baffles me that some guys just can't catch the ball consistently. It takes a HUGE lapse in concentration to drop anything.

I'm willing to write off Tavon as his rookie season jitters. I expect him to drop his % to around 4-5% this year.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yeah, I know. And that's why I'm hesitant to do it. Even Bleacher Report took one of my videos to use as a Bradford bashing tool, so I had to lay an annotation over top of it to let them know how I felt about that.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Bradford needs to learn how to protect his receivers like Kurt did. Too many times, i've seen our receivers get led into big hits by Bradford. Remember how Kurt would throw the ball low in traffic, so Ike, and Torry could get down and catch it. Thus avoiding the big hit.
If a qb wants his guys to go above and beyond to catch his passes, he's solely responsible for not leading them into a dangerous, potential season ending hit
I believe if he can Bradford would do his best not to get one of his guys leveled. That being said it is never going to be 100% of the time and it was not that way with Warner all the time either. It happens. But when a guy quits on a route over the middle because he is afraid to get hit, it might be time to look for a new job. It is the receivers job to catch the ball no matter where it is or how hard it is thrown. Check out Tory's fingers. That does not happen from catching soft toss.

upload_2014-7-7_9-10-14.jpeg

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I thought I saw Benny C. drop a pass, a hard one, that led to a pick 6....Not bashing, just wondering about the accuracy of the stat in general. If his one clear drop wasn't noted/counted, how can all the stats be accepted as accuracy?