Dropped passes

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If Stacy can get going the WRs become more lethal!!! That's what I'm hoping to see Sunday...Stacy taking HUGE chunks of yardage.

ZS had a 5.6 YPC against Dallas. It didn't convince Schotty to keep playing him as he was only handed the ball 12 times.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I disagree in that the ball is outside his frame. If that ball is 6-10 inches less behind Kendricks (more of a back shoulder catch), it becomes a much easier ball to catch, and still impossible to defend. I am not saying it is a bad throw, and for sure it is a catch these guys are expected to make, and we are talking about a tiny sample size of 3 throws. I was just trying to analyze the 3 throws in the videos. Every QB has throws that aren't perfect, and every receiver drops passes. In order to see who is truly responsible for a certain drop rate requires a much deeper analysis than my 3 throw, 5 minute, once over.

That ball was where it needed to be. It doesn't look like it because of the way Kendricks adjusts to it. He opens his body up and tries to catch it like you'd catch a deep ball over your shoulder...with his palms parallel to each other...rather than the proper catching technique for a ball like that which is the diamond technique. It was poor hand technique by Kendricks which is why the ball hit his hands and bounced right into his body giving him a second chance to almost catch it.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
ZS had a 5.6 YPC against Dallas. It didn't convince Schotty to keep playing him as he was only handed the ball 12 times.
I think he needs 20 touches per game to show what he can do!

Rams0307

We had the same receivers last year (sans Britt). We just have a different QB. It seems pretty obvious that the QB has some impact on this equation.

Davis (so far) is a prime example of production over potential. Being a football player, not a football phenom with great measurables. While Sam has all the physical talent I never saw the "it" factor on the field. JMHO.

You're in denial. The "it" factor argument is weak. We learn that every year when Cardinals fan rip Holliday for not having "it".

The WR corp last year was:

Givens
Austin
Pettis
Substitute: Quick

This year the WR corp so far is:

Quick
Britt
Austin
Substitutes: Pettis, Givens

That's a huge difference. Quick was pretty bad last year because he was still learning. Now he looks to be at least a legit #2 receiver in this league. He and Britt are better than anything Bradford had last year and by a fair margin. Bradford made Givens as we're all finding out as the weeks go by. And anyone who watched training camp or the preseason would tell you that Bradford to Britt and Bradford to Quick was going to be commonplace come game days as he showed good chemistry with both.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You're in denial. The "it" factor argument is weak. We learn that every year when Cardinals fan rip Holliday for not having "it".

Givens
Austin
Pettis

Quick
Britt
Austin

That's a huge difference. Quick was pretty bad last year because he was still learning. Now he looks to be at least a legit #2 receiver in this league. He and Britt are better than anything Bradford had last year and by a fair margin. Bradford made Givens as we're all finding out as the weeks go by. And anyone who watched training camp or the preseason would tell you that Bradford to Britt and Bradford to Quick was going to be commonplace come game days as he showed good chemistry with both.

Amen. The "it" factor is a buzzword. Doesn't exist. People can't even agree on what it is.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
We had the same receivers last year (sans Britt).

We have the same young receivers with another training camp on their resume. Young players either get better or they stagnate. If you don't think that this crop of WR's are better than last years guys i don't know what to tell ya.

Quick > significantly better, and by all accounts in large part due to the presence of Britt, who likely has made an impact on our other young guys too. 3rd year.
T.Austin > Hasn't really played yet this season, but by all accounts including his own, he's better than he was his rookie year. Another training camp under his belt.
Britt > Has done it before. Is an upgrade over Givens who can't even get on the field sans special teams.
Bailey > Again hasn't had a chance yet, but looked good late last season. Add another training camp. IMO he's going to impress. He'll be better.
Cook > A second training camp in the offense. At least as good as last season, probably better, not worse. Entering his prime years.
Pettis > Entering his prime years. Better than ever and fully comfortable in this offense.
Kendricks > Entering his prime years. Looks better than ever IMO.
Harkey > Another training camp under his belt. He's better.

We just have a different QB. It seems pretty obvious that the QB has some impact on this equation.
Some impact sure, but to the point where people actually believe that Bradford's throws were an excuse for the insane amount of drops that our crappy WR's have had over the course of the last 3 or 4 years? Silly.

Bradford has missed quite a few big plays over the years(as have any other QB) but somewhere there's a video of all the drops and it's ridiculous. Bad receivers. People have been yapping over our bad receivers for years, and now that Bradford is not playing and our WR's have matured and gotten better it's because Bradford can't throw a screen pass, throws too hard or cant put the ball on a guy. :LOL:

AZRamsFan93

Givens
Austin
Pettis

Quick
Britt
Austin

Since I posted my opinion and you saw fit to take a shot at me, I will shoot back.

You are the one in denial.

To this very day all of the love for Sam Bradford is based on potential not production. I can provided mountains of facts and figures and you can provide loads of observations and excuses. At the end of the day it is all opinion. I have mine. It is not denial. Sometimes people disagree with you. I am not alone with this opinion.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Since I posted my opinion and you saw fit to take a shot at me, I will shoot back.

You are the one in denial.

To this very day all of the love for Sam Bradford is based on potential not production. I can provided mountains of facts and figures and you can provide loads of observations and excuses. At the end of the day it is all opinion. I have mine. It is not denial. Sometimes people disagree with you. I am not alone with this opinion.

Last 3 Games:
Sam Bradford
52/80
65.0%
594 yards
7.4 YPA
7 TDs
1 Int
111.1 QB Rating

Austin Davis
68/94
72.3%
754 yards
8.0 YPA
3 TDs
3 Ints
93.1 QB Rating

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

I don't know a single person that watches the Rams that would use the word accurate when they described Sam Bradford's passing. I never understood why people just say "oh he's an accurate quarterback" when in fact he's not been very accurate at all.