Dreams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Funny. I'm about the opposite in my dreams. I was always a pretty good fighter as a kid - not sure why - it was just something I did. Maybe small kid syndrome. Anyway, when I have dreams of being in fights as an adult, I can never actually throw a punch. I asked a psychologist one time (he was in my bar not in his office BTW) and he said it was simply because in your sleep, your arms and legs are usually wrapped in covers and you are actually really trying to swing but can't. I suppose it's a good thing for my wife that I couldn't - eh?:wow: This also explains why I can never run to get away from anyone or anything too.
Ya i was a tough kid when i was in my early 20's and teens. But now im almost 30 and im fat. I am not under the impression that i would last long in a fight anymore. lol I better get them within the first minute or so...unless they allow me two timeouts. lol--having kids has made me soft and turned me ALMOST nice. lol Maybe my dreams are making up for all the people in wal mart that make me want to smack them haha

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
It's not as disturbing as some of the others, but I have this recurring dream...

In it, I have to complete a math class in high school. Everything else about my life is the same: I still graduated college, med school, etc. but I don't have a high school diploma unless I pass this class. Somehow in my dream some record keeping guys realize that my diploma is not valid because I need this math class. Well anyway in my dream I'm back at my high school, and I have to take a final and have not been to any of the classes all semester long and have no idea where the class is never mind the fact that the teacher doesn't know who I am or that I could even pass the test in the first place. It's a weird dream and I get it from time to time, though not for a while

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's not as disturbing as some of the others, but I have this recurring dream...

In it, I have to complete a math class in high school. Everything else about my life is the same: I still graduated college, med school, etc. but I don't have a high school diploma unless I pass this class. Somehow in my dream some record keeping guys realize that my diploma is not valid because I need this math class. Well anyway in my dream I'm back at my high school, and I have to take a final and have not been to any of the classes all semester long and have no idea where the class is never mind the fact that the teacher doesn't know who I am or that I could even pass the test in the first place. It's a weird dream and I get it from time to time, though not for a while

I've actually had a similar dream to this in the last year. My dream was that I was enrolled in a class that I had no idea I was in so I didn't show up all semester and all of a sudden, I got an email that I was going to fail the class if I didn't take and ace the final. Felt good to wake up from that dream because it felt so real.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Had one the other night. I was chasing around a big black spider that had hairy red and black legs. Now by big I'm talking about 3 ft across the legs and the legs were about as big around as my dog's legs. I am not an arachnophobe but I hate spiders - especially after having a particularly nasty spider bite a couple years back that made a hole in my back that lasted about 9 months. For some reason, I was chasing this spider around, and it would just disappear into dark recesses of my restaurant. Of course the lights were out because in dreamland, I am apparently too stupid to flick a switch, and even though I have a carry piece, I didn't apparently have it on me that night. So basically I'm hunting a dog sized spider and doing every dumb ass thing you see the idiots doing in horror flicks. You know - the idiot whose head is soon to be rolling along the ground or have a hatchet stuck in his forehead. Yep - in my dream, I'm the expendable extra. If I was a chick, I'm sure I'd have been naked. Anyway, as I'm looking into this dark cabinet (that doesn't exist in my restaurant BTW) my freaking dog jumps on my chest and wakes me up. Just about pissed myself.

That's hilarious. I laughed so hard when I read that.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

Wow... I have a recurring dream very similar to that from time to time.

Mine always starts out with me having to go back to my HS for some crazy reason too. I then go to my locker and spend forever trying to remember my locker combination. I keep trying all of the combinations that I think are correct with no luck. It's really weird too because in real life I can't seem to forget numbers even if I want to,,, my brain likes to store lots of useless info for some reason.

Anyway, I can never get my locker open no matter what I try. I'm frantic,,, then somehow find a classroom that I get directions to from multiple people... show up way late with not even a writing instrument... get handed a test that I apparently have to pass... never even been to a class on the subject.

The part that gets to me is not being able to remember my locker combination. I always wake up pissed and frustrated from that one.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
The part that gets to me is not being able to remember my locker combination. I always wake up pissed and frustrated from that one.

Funny. I can totally get that. I remember numbers from WAY back for no apparent reason. But with all the useless numbers my brain has held onto, every once in a while I forget the combo to my business safe that I open sometimes five times a day. It becomes especially fun when the lockout feature kicks in. I found an old Master lock from about 30 years ago when I was cleaning out my shop the other day and opened it. But a lock I open every day?:mad:

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
I've actually had a similar dream to this in the last year. My dream was that I was enrolled in a class that I had no idea I was in so I didn't show up all semester and all of a sudden, I got an email that I was going to fail the class if I didn't take and ace the final. Felt good to wake up from that dream because it felt so real.
My variant of this is that I'm in a play that I haven't practiced, don't know the lines and I'm about to go on.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Funny. I can totally get that. I remember numbers from WAY back for no apparent reason. But with all the useless numbers my brain has held onto, every once in a while I forget the combo to my business safe that I open sometimes five times a day. It becomes especially fun when the lockout feature kicks in. I found an old Master lock from about 30 years ago when I was cleaning out my shop the other day and opened it. But a lock I open every day?:mad:

At my college, we have an ID number and every once in awhile, I forget it when I try to remember it. If I don't think about it, I type it in subconsciously. But when I think about it and try to recall it...nothing. It's weird. I usually end up eventually remembering it after a few minutes.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Wow... I have a recurring dream very similar to that from time to time.

Mine always starts out with me having to go back to my HS for some crazy reason too. I then go to my locker and spend forever trying to remember my locker combination. I keep trying all of the combinations that I think are correct with no luck. It's really weird too because in real life I can't seem to forget numbers even if I want to,,, my brain likes to store lots of useless info for some reason.

Anyway, I can never get my locker open no matter what I try. I'm frantic,,, then somehow find a classroom that I get directions to from multiple people... show up way late with not even a writing instrument... get handed a test that I apparently have to pass... never even been to a class on the subject.

This must be common because I've had those "school" dreams too where I've been in a class that I forgot about somehow and now need the work done or test taken. And also at school and can't find my locker or class etc. even had the one where you find yourself at school without all your clothes like shoes or pants. What the hell?

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I haven't told you guys about a recurring dream I had for about 20 years. I was always spinning out of control, round and round to the point where everything was just a streaky blur. The only thing I could ever make out was an old gas station in the rotation and an intersection. I would always wake up from the dream in disarray. For whatever reason, one morning I awoke from this dream with the realization of what it was about. I had been in a car accident on Christmas Day 1962 (I was three) with my grandparents, mother and sister. I had been asleep in my grandmother's lap in the front seat at the time and flew up under the dashboard as my grandmother and mother flew into the windshield. Apparently, the car had spun round and round at an intersection which of course had a gas station by it.

That was the last time I ever had that dream. Weird or what? I can only surmise that our dreams often times reflect things we want or need in life like closure to a life event or fulfillment of an unrealized goal. Lord knows what our minds are capable of doing that we haven't figured out yet.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Now watch me start having that dream again!

Last edited by a moderator:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I had a dream earlier that me and my sister were looking for a snake in some dark, dusty, old movie theater as part of a scavenger hunt or something. I don't really know why but there was some reward to finding the snake and a lot of people were looking. And I kept trying to use my phone for light but it kept turning off quickly which frustrated me so I sat down on a chair to tinker with my phone. Then my sister started freaking out because the snake was on my leg. Then I woke up...and checked my leg because it felt so real.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I had a dream earlier that me and my sister were looking for a snake in some dark, dusty, old movie theater as part of a scavenger hunt or something. I don't really know why but there was some reward to finding the snake and a lot of people were looking. And I kept trying to use my phone for light but it kept turning off quickly which frustrated me so I sat down on a chair to tinker with my phone. Then my sister started freaking out because the snake was on my leg. Then I woke up...and checked my leg because it felt so real.

Wait! Was that a wet dream? :lol:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Nope. Not even in the least. No metaphor. A freaking snake(cottonmouth). Hate those things.
I've had those dreams where spiders or snakes are in the bed with me. Kinda hard to fall back asleep after you awake from one of those. And I'm not even scared of them normally except when they are on me or near my head/feet.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've had those dreams where spiders or snakes are in the bed with me. Kinda hard to fall back asleep after you awake from one of those. And I'm not even scared of them normally except when they are on me or near my head/feet.

Same. I hate spiders. They aren't usually in bed with me, though. My bed is usually surrounded by spiders and snakes. Last night, I had a dream that a bird or bat flew into this open cabinet in my room and I swore it was real so I jumped out of bed, grabbed my flashlight and started trying to find the thing in the cabinet.